F1 Manager - 2005 Season - End of the Season!

Posted by Twigster151 
ginnerchris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has this thread stalled because the GP2 thread
> gone quiet?

Nope. A combination of exams and a problem with CTDs have prevented me running and posting the race, but hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted sometime next week :)

As for the GP2 series, I've no idea what is happening there :/

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Hi guys

I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in joining the GPGSL as a test driver for the MPR Team

Just give me a PM if you are interested :)

Thanks

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Cheers for letting us know.
Hope the exams go/have gone well!!

Twigster151 Wrote:
> ginnerchris Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Has this thread stalled because the GP2 thread
> > gone quiet?
>
>
> Nope. A combination of exams and a problem with
> CTDs have prevented me running and posting the
> race, but hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted
> sometime next week :)
>
> As for the GP2 series, I've no idea what is
> happening there :/
Twigster151 schrieb:
> ginnerchris Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Has this thread stalled because the GP2 thread
> > gone quiet?
>
>
> Nope. A combination of exams and a problem with
> CTDs have prevented me running and posting the
> race, but hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted
> sometime next week :)
>
> As for the GP2 series, I've no idea what is
> happening there :/

Exams come first, I hope they all go/have gone well.

Which track version are you using? I remember I had that problem, too, but I think the one from the 2006 trackpack should be running fine, at least it is for me.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
For me it looks like 2005 version O.o

I still may be wrong though ;)
Yeah I was using the 2005 version, so I'll give the 2006 version a whirl and see if it makes a difference :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Best of luck on your exams Twigster :) They definitely take priority over this :)
I can finally say that the race has eventually, been run and won.

However on another note I've realised in the past few weeks that I no longer have the time and I am quickly losing the patience needed keep running the series. As a result this will be my last season in charge.

Twigster151 Wrote:
> I can finally say that the race has eventually,
> been run and won.
>
> However on another note I've realised in the past
> few weeks that I no longer have the time and I am
> quickly losing the patience needed keep running
> the series. As a result this will be my last
> season in charge.

Well, you've done a grand job picking this up and running the thing. I'd love to run it, but I don't a) have the time and b) the patience. If someone else can run '06, I'll be willing to stay on until the end of that season.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
I could run a few races in 06 season i reckon
Aww..Twigster...:(
sad news :( thanks for all the work and time you've put in running it.

I've my last exam of this semester next monday, so I can run some races after that.

Some mods
I could definitely run a few

European Grand Prix Race Broadcast
Hello and welcome to coverage of the 2005 European Grand Prix live from the Nurburgring. In yesterday’s qualifying session we saw Rubens Barrichello spring a surprise for Renault as he took pole position just ahead of Juan Pablo Montoya. However, will the current world champion be able to become the first driver this season to convert pole into the win? We’re about to find out as all five lights are on…

And we’re away at the Nurburgring! But Barrichello seems a bit sluggish off the line…

But he manages to hold onto the lead in turn 1, but Montoya is holding in there…

And he’s through and into the lead!

Meanwhile Kubica is looking for a way past Vettel

And he moves up into the points

Raikkonen has managed to get around the outside of Massa in the final corner, which puts Massa onto the back foot

And Zonta looks to capitalise on Felipes poor exit…

And not only does Zonta get through, but so do Glock and one of the Toyotas

What’s this?! Barrichello is heading for the pits!

It looks as though a loose wheel has ruined Rubens’ day, the curse of pole position continues…

Schumacher is on a charge as he competes with Coulthard for 2nd place

And the German finally gets a run on Coulthard down the home straight…

And after a bit of an argy bargy he hustles his way into 2nd place!

And with that, Coulthard now has Webber to deal with

Villeneuve and Alonso are side by side down the straight…

And the Canadian just manages to squeeze himself through, but how’s that in trouble up ahead…

It’s Webber! His engine has packed up on him and that’ll be the end of his race!

And to add insult for injury Kubica is creeping back to the pits with an electrical issue!

Unsurprisingly, he re-emerges in last place

Raikkonen meanwhile is going toe-to-toe with Vettel…

And he’s through!

Schumacher has caught right up to the back of Montoya with a string of fastest laps, can he challenge for the lead…

Da Matta is looking to become the latest driver to pull off an overtake at turn 1

And he moves past Glock into 10th place

That does not look good for Klien

A transmission failure ends his race

Da Matta is the one who kicks off the regulation pitstops

He’s back out in 19th

Schumacher looks to be the first front runner in as he pits, and the re-emerges in 10th

Meanwhile Barrichello has been quietly making his way back through the field as he passes Sato for 13th

Kimi’s now in the pits from 5th

He rejoins in 18th

Schumacher is looking a bit sluggish following his pitstop and as a result he has Zonta on his case…

And the Brazilian squeezes through in turn 1

And whilst that was happening the other Schumacher has pitted and rejoined in 19th

Disaster for Minardi! Davidson has pulled off the track, also with a transmission failure! That brings an end to their day

Lotterer has pitted and rejoined in 18th from what was 4th place

Meanwhile Barrichello is looking to become the next driver to pass Schumacher

And he makes light work of Michael

And next lap he does the exact same to Alonso to put himself into the points!

Villeneuve is in from third place

He’s back out in 13th

Button’s moving very slowly down…

And he pulls off the track! He retires from what has been a very quiet race from him today

Meanwhile Zonta has pitted and is back out in 17th from 6th

And our leader is in!

And Montoya is back out in 2nd just behind Coulthard, that’s worked out very nicely for McLaren

What’s this? Raikkonen is coming back into the pits?

It looks as though an electrical failure has put Raikkonen at the very back of the field…

Barrichello and Heidfeld are now coming in from 6th and 10th place respectively

They rejoin in 13th and 17th

And Coulthard is now in the pits from the lead

Which puts Montoya back in front and with a huge advantage over his nearest challengers

Coulthard meanwhile will rejoin 6th

But his team mate looks to be on the move as he goes side by side with Lotterer down the straight

And he forces his way into 12th

Or so we thought! Barrichello runs wide and both Lotterer and Zonta take advantage!

But Rubens is hanging on in their…

And he manages to retake 13th from Zonta

Villeneuve and Sato and the next to go head to head

And Villeneuve is the one who prevails

Meanwhile it’s time for Barrichello vs Lotterer round 2

And this time there are no problems

Massa is the next driver into the pits

And he rejoins just ahead of Kubica in 14th

And a lap later Alonso is in from 2nd

He’s back out in 7th

It looks as though Vettel is attempting a one stopper as he is the only driver yet to pit and we’re nearly at the half way stage… can he pull it off?

And two laps later he’s into the pits! Where will he emerge?

In the meantime however, Sato looks to be in trouble…

And he’s forced to retire with an engine failure

But to pits and Vettel is back out in 10th and shouldn’t need to pit again, McLaren are in a very strong position today…

Meanwhile Barrichello is looking to put himself back into the points…

And he does so at the expense of Ralf

Anyway seeing as we’ve yet to have any, now would be a good time for some standings

Montoya sets a new fastest lap of the race out in front

Meanwhile Coulthard is having a look at Schumacher’s 2nd place

But as he chucks it down the inside contact is made!

Schumacher just manages to keep his Williams pointing in the right direction but Coulthard is already set off into the distance

Quick-Nick is looking for a way past Kubica

Simple enough for the young German

That does not look good for Glock

But back at the front, one stopping Vettel has just taken 8th of Ralf Schumacher, McLaren could be on for a one-two at this rate…

And as Glock gets lifted away with a water leak, Montoya is busy going even faster, could he finally be on for his first victory of 2005…

The pitstops have started again as Da Matta comes in from 5th

He rejoins 14th

Meanwhile back at the sharp end we just caught the end of Villeneuve overtaking his team mate Schumacher, who seems to have lost all of his pace since his pitstop

Fisichella is having to defend hard from Da Matta

But to no avail…

Schumacher seems to have lost yet another place to expense of Alonso and he is now trying to hold off the charging Barrichello

And Rubens pulls out of the slipstream down the straight…

And Michael has no answer

Alonso’s off! He’s parked his car at turn 6!

And he’s out of the race with a suspension failure

Montoya’s in! But he has a casual 45 second advantage over Coulthard…

And as a result he’s back out in the lead, the race is his to lose!

Schumacher meanwhile is still dropping like a stone as he losing 5th to Vettel

The sole remaining BAR and the sole remaining Arrows are lining up for a fight…

And it’s Fisichella who comes out the victor

Meanwhile Montoya is still increasing his lead ever further

Barrichello is into the pits from 4th

Which allows Vettel to creep closer to the podium

Barrichello meanwhile, rejoins in 11th

Villeneuve is the next driver in from 3rd

He’s back out in 7th

Meanwhile Lotterer, Fisichella and Zonta all pit, re-emerging in 10th, 11th and 13th respectively

Coulthard has pitted from 3rd to put Vettel into 2nd place!

But disaster for Williams! Villeneuve has pulled off the road!

He’s forced out of the race with, you guessed it, a transmission failure

Hmmm… Montoya is coming back into the pits?!

It looks as though McLaren unrefuelled him! No harm done however as he had a comfortable lead and is still out in front, but have they done the same with Vettel?

They have! Vettel comes in with just two to go!

Which puts Coulthard back into second place!

But no! Coulthard is slowing down and he’s pulled off the track!!! He's out of the race!!! So close but yet so far…

And who'd have thunk it, that puts Rubens Barrichello into 2nd place with Vettel back on the podium in 3rd, what an incredible recovery drive from the Brazilian…

But he might have just been somewhat overshadowed from the brilliant performance from this man

And Montoya finally wins in 2005!!! He’s been in a class of his own all afternoon!

Full results to follow

DOTD
Today the award goes to Juan Pablo Montoya for finally taking a victory after a torrid season so far, although Barrichello's fantastic recovery drive also deserves some recognition.

Driver signings will be up in a jiffy.

BAR
We're very happy with Giancarlo's 7th place in this race. Unfortunately, Takuma had a mechanical failure this time and he was driving a decent race, too.
Montoya To Leave McLaren
Shortly after taking victory at the European Grand Prix it was announced that Juan Pablo Montoya would be leaving McLaren after signing a multi-year contract at Sauber who will become BMW Sauber next year. The Colombian who has struggled this season due to numerous mechanical failures told reporters that he had signed a two year contract at Sauber worth in the region of a grand total of £28m. It is also understood that McLaren did make an offer to retain the driver for next season, however Montoya, unhappy with the teams current reliability, decided to move elsewhere.

Williams retain Schumacher
After a difficult European Grand Prix Michael Schumacher announced that he had signed a one year extension to his current contract at Williams. The German who is yet to visit the podium since joining Williams has confirmed that he was approached by another team, but chose to remain at Williams with the signing of a contract rumoured to be worth around £18m.

Davidson Leaves Minardi
Anthony Davidson is also on the move and after a mixed season so far with Minardi, he today announced that he'll be driving for the factory Honda team, currently BAR, next season. Davidson also announced that he had signed a two year deal with the team, worth £8m, and that it was the only offer he had on the table.

Drivers open for contract offers until the end of round 8

Drivers open for contract offers until the end of round 9

Drivers with contracts for 2006

Team Budgets

Jordan Statement

We're disappointed that again we couldn't get a point, but at least both cars finished the race this time.

@Twigster: As I've already said, my last exam this semester is next monday. If you want, I can run the next round:)

Some mods
Mclaren Mercedes Statement

Well done to Juan-Pablo Montoya and Sebastian Vettel. A great double podium. We can confirm that the European grand prix was Juan-Pablo's last grand prix for the team and Nico Rosberg will be taking his position as race driver. We are hereby releasing Juan-Pablo from his contract meaning Nico and Ryan will take on free practice duties

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy