F1 Manager - 2005 Season - End of the Season!

Posted by Twigster151 
What a result! 4th! Awesome :)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In other news, Pedro De La Rosa will be in a test
> role for next season and if allowed we could like
> to replace Gene for the rest of this season.

If you mean that you wish to replace Gene with De La Rosa for the rest of this season, I'm afraid that this isn't possible.

Macca25 Wrote:
> RED BULL STATEMENT
>
> The FIA not allowing us in the last test has
> really hurt us.
>
> We are currently considering our legal position.

I think I've already said this more than once but, I have no record of you ever giving me your testing plans.

After looking at my inbox just now I still have the pms from all the other managers stating their testing plans for the Barcelona test, so if you sent your plans via pm it is highly unlikely I would've deleted it especially considering I still have pms from a year ago hanging around in my inbox. Also even in the unlikely circumstance that I have somehow deleted your plans from my inbox, it shouldn't matter anyway because as soon as I receive testing plans I will open my spreadsheet and write in the conveniently placed table, 'Red Bull - Reliability', then immediately add the necessary numbers into the formula to generate the new perfs and then write, 'Updated', next to, 'Red Bull - Reliability' to prevent me dishing out double the amount of BHP boost or reliability improvement, and of course I will always save the spreadsheet once I'm finished with it. In addition to this by recording each teams plans in a table I can easily see whose plans I haven't yet received.

So when the test sessions near I will look at said table to see whose plans I'm missing and before doing anything else, I will check my pms again to see if I've somehow missed their plans there, and if they aren't in my inbox, I will then check the thread again to see if they've submitted their plans that way. Only if after this verification check will I make a post in the thread saying, 'I'm missing such and suches plans'

So seeing as I don't have any pm from you with your testing plans, and I can't see them posted in the thread, I can only conclude that, you did not submit your testing plans.

Of course, just as I said last you complained about this, if you can show me where you've told me your testing plans for the test, I'll happily hold my hands up and admit fault and compensate for screwing up your session.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 07:01PM by Twigster151.
Sauber Statement

Meh.. we need this yr to end NOW.. lol new testing plans going to twigster now...:( twigster since your PM is full Sauber will like to focus on Pace not relaibility for the test. thanks, also when your PM is Full I will send you a new driver offer...

Thanks..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 11:18PM by mogotron.
mogotron Wrote:
> Sauber Statement
>
> Meh.. we need this yr to end NOW.. lol new testing
> plans going to twigster now...:(

You may need to send them again, my inbox was temporarily full.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Ferrari On Top In Jerez

As Formula One once again returned to Jerez for another test session is was really no surprise that once again Ferrari were the ones leading the way. After having topped both of the previous test sessions this season at the Spanish circuit Ferrari occupied the top two places with Alonso beating Verstappen by just under half a thousandth of a second, whilst newly promoted McLaren driver, Nico Rosberg, rounded out the top 3. With all teams choosing to attend the session there seemed to be little gossip to discuss, however soon arriving at the track rumours began to spread about the apparent absence of Heikki Kovalainen from the Sauber garage and after further probing, it was discovered that Kovalainen has been released from his Sauber contract after signing to driver for Super Aguri next season and, that Robert Doornbos would be taking over his testing duties for the remainder of the season.

Mclaren Mercedes

A good session for Nico but a poor one for Ryan. We feel we got the most out of the car today and that we developed our reliability well. Only time will tell though.

Re: F1 Manager - 2005 Season - Jerez Test Session - P23
Date: February 24, 2012 01:53PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Very satisfying session for Ferrari, our drivers are in top form like never before and the car is responding just as we want!!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
BAR
Disappointed with our pace, we hoped for better results. Let's wait till next race.
Re: F1 Manager - 2005 Season - Jerez Test Session - P23
Date: February 26, 2012 02:27PM
Posted by: kedy89
Jordan

Good to see that the new parts of the car are working like they should.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Heidfeld Tops Magny Cours Free Practice

As F1 descended on a rain soaked Magny Cours for this years French Grand Prix, it was Nick Heidfeld in the Sauber who was able to make the best of the changing conditions and come out on top. The German was the last man across the line, which allowed him to pip Jos Verstappen to 1st place, meanwhile Felipe Massa occupied 3rd.

Good session for Ferrari!

I did miss something though:

Jordan +0.025
Ferrari +0.240
BAR +0.309
Sauber +0.356
Renault +0.498
Minardi +0.547
Williams +0.555
Toyota +0.705
Arrows +1.301
Red Bull +1.423
McLaren +2.055

Might be some mistakes, head calculated

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Cant really take much from the session as it was wet. Hopefully with improved reliability we have potential to do well.
Jordan

Bad result, hopefully we can improve in qualifying. At least we got the setup reward.

Some mods
BAR
A pretty good way to start the racing weekend.
MDBSnake Wrote:
> Good session for Ferrari!
>
> I did miss something though:
>
> Jordan +0.025
> Ferrari +0.240
> BAR +0.309
> Sauber +0.356
> Renault +0.498
> Minardi +0.547
> Williams +0.555
> Toyota +0.705
> Arrows +1.301
> Red Bull +1.423
> McLaren +2.055
>
> Might be some mistakes, head calculated

Yeah I was doing quickly so I kinda of forgot about the setup reward ;)

Vettel Snatches Magny Cours Pole

As rain continued to fall on central France it was again a case of being the last man over the line in qualifying and the lucky gentlemen this time was Sebastian Vettel. Having been just moments away from starting 21st on the grid, Vettel managed to start the lap that would give himself pole, moments before the checkered flag fell and just took it just seconds after Button had gone quickest. Fernando Alonso meanwhile, set the third fastest time with Heidfeld rounding off a superb qualifying session for Sauber in 4th. Further down the field Sato pulled out a stunner of a lap to go 6th as did Davidson in 8th, whilst Rosberg had a difficult session lanquishing in 14th but it was no where near as bad as Red Bull's who will start 18th and 20th respectively.

Good job by Davidson, especially to qualify ahead of Raikkonen and both Williams cars.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
BAR
A stunning result from Takuma and a decent one from Giancarlo. Looking for double-points finish
Jordan

Kimi did a good job, he should be able to fight for some points in race.

Some mods
Reasonable result considering the condition on the track, we are happy to be up front of the grid :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy