F1 Manager - 2005 Season - End of the Season!

Posted by Twigster151 
2005 Monaco Grand Prix-Race

Hello and welcome to todays coverage of the monaco grand prix,yesterday so Montoya and Da Matta set the exact same time to lock out the front row of the grid..Can Montoya finally convert a pole for his first win for Mclaren?..Will Da Matta make it 2 wins in a row??and what of Ferrari,what can they do from there abysmal qualifying session??Theres only one way to find out these answers as the 5 lights are on,and we are ready for the off!

And its go,go,go in monaco..Montoya is slow away and Da Matta sweeps round the outside to take the lead with a great move..Montoya also loses a place to JV in the Williams..Terrible start from the columbian

Heres the standings after the first lap..a great getaway by Da Matta!

R Schumacher leads a battle for 8th

2 Laps in and Da Matta is pulling away..he then sets the fastest lap

Drivers beginning to settle in to a procession

A new fastest lap from Da Matta..he looks as if he is in the zone

Meanwhile Alonsos Ferrari is still stuck in 20th!

Da matta extends his lead to just under 5 seconds

Alonsos team mate is also finding it difficult to progress through the field and still sits in 14th

Lotterer is our first retirement of the race when he gets it all wrong..dissapointing for Jordan,he was running in 9th

A quick update of the standings after 10 Laps

Da Matta still pulling away from JV

DC passes Button round the outside at the swimming pool..Alonso and Zonta are also through..does JB have a problem?

Am afraid its terminal for Button..and he retires with a water leak

Meanwhile JV has pulled away a little from Montoya and Raikkonen is only a few tenths behind the polesitter..but still cant find a way through

Da mattas lead upto 9 seconds

Glock is in the wall at st devote!!Luckily no one has hit the errant wheel..Hes out on the spot

Klien is still doing a fine job..and runs a solid 6th

A look at the standings after 20 laps

whats this?..a smokey Mclaren..its Montoya!!..Raikkonen goes through to 3rd..Montoya retires with an engine failure,thats his 5th retirement in 6 races..He will be fuming!!

Alonsos slow progress through the field continues,hes up too 16th

Klien is right under the gearbox of Raikkonen..And passes the smoking Jordan for 4th

It looks like Raikkonens race is run and he retires with an oil leak..A terrible day for Jordan!

After 30 laps and little on track passing heres a look at the standings

Massa and Alonsos progress through the field to run 10th and 15th..can they salvage some points today?

Massas in the wall!!..hes run wide at the last corner and he is out!!..Terrible news for the brazilian!

The one and only stops are about to begin so heres a look at the standings

A host of cars are in for there one stop including the leader

Whats going on here,Vettels lost his nosecone!..And a smoking Arrows!

Its hard to tell by the camera angle..but it looks like he collided with Heidfeld when exiting the pits..Rotten luck for the german as he has to pit again for a new nose!!

And indeed that smoking Arrows was terminal..Zontas out with a Engine failure

JV pits from 3rd

Another smoking car..this time its Alonso's Ferrari!!..An engine failure ends his race..What a torrid weekend for the Ferrari team!

JVs off at the chicane!!An unforced error by the canadian puts him out of a potential podium finish!!

Meanwhile at the front Barrichello leads for Renault but is yet too stop

And a lap later along with Sato he pits for his one stop

But going longer has not worked out for the brazilian and he finds himself behind Klien in 4th

New race leader Webber and fisichella are the last people to stop

The race order after the final stops..the winners being the Minardi team in stopping Klien early have put the young austrian up to 2nd!Great Job!!

It looks like the Toyota is slowing!..Its the race leader!!..Mega development!!

An electrical problem for Da Matta brings him in for an unscheduled second stop..a 15 second stop and he rejoins in 5th..Heartbreaking,he looked on course to win this race!!

And that amazing development has put Klien in the lead!..Can he win in a Minard!!?

Standings in this exciting race after 50 laps

3rd place Webber sets a new fastest lap

Barrichellos flying,and has the gap down to just over 4 seconds

Yes you guessed it another smoking car..this time its Kubica!..hes out with a water leak

60 laps in and Barrichello has the gap down to just under 3 seconds..

As the laps tick down,Barrichello is closing in..Mega tension!!

12 laps to go and Klien is under tremendous pressure from Barrichello!!Can the Austrian withstand the pressure?

Noooooooooo..kliens cracked!!..Hes in the wall!!it was all too much pressure and it got the better of him..Disaster for minardi and the young austrian!!

The replay shows that Klien just brushed the inside wall sending him to the outside wall and out on the spot...A tragic end of the race for him:(

Barrichello now leads for Renault..can he get his first win for his new team?

5 to go and Barrichello still leads from Webber

Fisichella runs 7th in his BAR..good job from him in staying out of trouble

Barrichellos into the last corner

Down the pit straight

And Rubens Barrichello wins his first race for Renault!!A faultless drive from the world champion in what was a super drama filled race ...Great Job!!

Webber finishes 2nd

and Ralf Schumacher gets his first podium for Toyota in 3rd place

Full Race Results

DOTD Rubens Barrichello..Pressured Klien into an error..solid drive,no mistakes..first win for Renault:)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 11:26PM by Alesi no1.
@Twigster..a will let you update the drivers and constructors as you have the template...Thanks :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 11:17PM by Alesi no1.
Damnit!!

Lots of oppurtunity to salvage something, too bad we had to retire with a double DNF...

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Win was on the cards and buckled under pressure. Won't be in THAT position again, I guess.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
You've got to be @#$%& kidding

Thanks once again Alesi :)

The race was entertaining to say the least and I have to admit I was a little upset when I saw Klien in the wall ;)

Anyway I'll update the tables and post the next set of available drivers tomorrow.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

RED BULL RACING

Great job by the boys to get Mark back out from the stop in 4th and it was a stellar drive to come from 12th on the grid to grab a podium.

Back luck for Robert, he was also having a great race.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Heidfield 8th way to go!!
Renault
Yes!!! A long awaited win finally happens at no other place then Monaco. Well done Rubens!
Good result from MS,JV was unlucky...

My GPGSL Career
Jordan Statement

No good race for us today, I hope we have more luck next round.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
If only Glock didnt bin it we would have had points. A bad race for the team and we need to move on.
JohnWarrington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You've got to be @#$%& kidding

Join the club.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
BAR
Giancarlo has performed well today, scoring us 2 valuable points. However, we're disappointed by Takuma's pace today.
Toyota

A pleasing performance for us for a double points finish..delighted for Ralf getting his first podium for the team..But this was a win that got away for cristiano..our reliability still needs work..Pace is good though so looking forward to Europe :)

Drivers open for contract offers until the end of round 7

Drivers open for contract offers until the end of round 8

Once again please remember to state the length of the contract you wish to sign the driver for when you submit your offer.

Also quick reminder up next is the test session at Barcelona ahead of the European GP. I'll be sending out pms to all the managers who have yet to submit their testing plans with information as to where they rank in terms of reliability and pace, however I think the vast majority of you already have a firm idea of what you want to improve on. Also if you have already submitted your plans but would still like to know where your teams ranks, by all means just give me a shout and I'll send the information over :)

Finally I'll post the updated team budgets after European GP.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Allrigt, just to inform you: I won´t be able to post the negotiations results before this saturday, so please stay patient (for reasons, see GP2-Manager Thread).

----------

GPG Nations Cup: #39 Romania

Wanna become a manager of a Formula 1 team? Take your chance and start in the GP2-Series!
Okay I'm looking to run the test session tomorrow afternoon at some point, however from looking through the thread and my pms (unless I've been an idiot and deleted them by accident) I am yet to receive testing plans from Red Bull, Williams and Renault. So these managers have until half twelve tomorrow to submit their plans, I'm afraid if I don't have your plans by then your team won't take part in the session as you've already had two and a half weeks in which to submit them.

Adrian Sutil: "Never expected such a tough decision."
Adrian Sutil started contract negotiations a few weeks ago and he got several phone calls in the first few hours already. "It was awesome! So many teams contacted me and wanted to sign me. But then things got harder." Sutil says, refering to the hard decision he had to make. "I never expected it to be such a tough decision. If I´d receive one or two contract offers, okay, but I received 5! I mean, don´t get me wrong, it´s great to see so many teams wanting to sign me, but having to decide between them is awful." tells Sutil.
He further tells us, that he picked out the 2 most interesting offers and went to ask his family and friends which contract to sign. "I had the choice between a Formula 1 team, who is currently driving at the back of the field, but will be taken over by another team next year and a GP2-Series team, currently in the midfield of the series. As both teams offered £4.5m per year, the decision might have been easy, but it wasn´t." In the end the young german decided to join the Formula 1 team BAR (Honda) "...because you know, it´s a Formula 1 team! Furthermore the GP2 team was offering a 3 years deal, while BAR was offering a 1 year deal. And in the end, I am kind of sure that I will get loaned out anyways, so everything should be allright... at least that´s what my dad said." Let´s see if Sutils dad ends up beeing right.

Drivers available until the end of F1 round 7

----------

GPG Nations Cup: #39 Romania

Wanna become a manager of a Formula 1 team? Take your chance and start in the GP2-Series!
Massa Tops Barcelona Test Session

Felipe Massa enjoyed the honours of being the quickest driver at the latest of the mid-season test sessions, this time in Barcelona. The Brazilian managed to lap his Ferrari around the Catalunya circuit a time of 1:25.455 to finish nearly three tenths ahead of Rosberg in the McLaren in 2nd place, meanwhile Verstappen in the second Ferrari finished 3rd. The main story of the session however was the absence of the Red Bull team who currently lead both championships mainly thanks to their star rookie, Robert Kubica. However for reason unknown the Austrian outfit elected not to participate in the session.

Barcelona Mid-Season Test Session Official Standings
1. Felipe Massa - Ferrari - 1:25.455
2. Nico Rosberg - McLaren - 1:25.750
3. Jos Verstappen - Ferrari - 1:25.768
4. Kimi Raikkonen - Jordan - 1:25.836
5. Ralf Schumacher - Toyota - 1:25.842
6. Andre Lotterer - Jordan - 1:25.886
7. Ryan Briscoe - McLaren - 1:25.945
8. Takuma Sato - BAR - 1:26.029
9. Anthony Davidson - Minardi - 1:26.101
10. Bas Leinders - BAR - 1:26.123
11. Allan McNish - Toyota - 1:26.135
12. Michael Schumacher - Williams - 1:26.151
13. Rubens Barrichello - Renault - 1:26.285
14. Marc Gene - Renault - 1:26.350
15. Bjorn Wirdheim - Williams - 1:26.355
16. Nick Heidfeld - Sauber - 1:26.383
17. Franck Montagny - Minardi - 1:26.396
18. Jenson Button - Sauber - 1:26.814
19. Gary Paffett - Arrows - 1:27.009
20. Timo Glock - Arrows - 1:27.666

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy