GP4 Central - Website to close

Posted by TomMK 
Re: GP4 Central - Championship Round 4 - Germany
Date: June 11, 2014 03:58AM
Posted by: TomMK
Post the error message you receive, and we will help...

EDIT: OK I see you are getting invalid track checksum. Please describe how you installed the track?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2014 04:07AM by TomMK.
Date: June 11, 2014 04:52AM
Posted by: Bakmrkr
ive been down this road dozens of times and its best to make a uie...

loaded the track by hand because tsm wouldnt recognize the track files... its the correct track and loading screen, and everything runs fine...
Date: June 11, 2014 05:55AM
OK that's an easy one to fix. Please use GPxTrack to load the track:

1) Place all of the track files in one folder. Do not place more than one track’s files in the folder (see example).

2) Open GPxPatch and select the GPxTrack tab. There are 17 slots, one for each track. Click Edit, and then browse to the .dat file of the track you want to use in that slot.

3) Run GP4 and check your track is working.

Date: June 11, 2014 07:14AM
BINGO!!!!!---test file sent...Im a happpy man tonight...Many Thanks Tom...let me know if the files are clean, but i think im good---ill turn up some detail to go below 40fps (easy-one) and ill try to live down my name... sweet...

Edit: switched back to PRO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2014 07:19AM by Bakmrkr.
Date: June 11, 2014 10:25AM
lol - somehow your test lap was so slow that it registered as the fastest lap! I'll look into this later.

EDIT: Fixed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2014 10:51AM by TomMK.
Date: June 11, 2014 05:02PM
Ill send another over---it might have been because i ran over my replay time setting---
Date: June 11, 2014 05:29PM
No it was a problem with the displaying of the lap times, I've fixed it already.

Re: GP4 Central - Championship Round 5 - Canada
Date: June 11, 2014 05:49PM
Thanks for all your help Tom...
The only thing thats not working like normal is my graphics recalc in the game---its error is file not found, is this normal?
Date: June 11, 2014 07:40PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Bakmrkr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for all your help Tom...
>
> The only thing thats not working like normal is my
> graphics recalc in the game---its error is file
> not found, is this normal?

Also your laptime is not normal. How can you be 1 minute slower than the rest?
I guess you can be 10 seconds slower but 1 minute ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*TOM: I downloaded his file and i looked at his top Speed witch is 158.33 km/h when the
normal for canada should be around 320 km/h or higher. Have a look into that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2014 07:45PM by jcaranti.
Date: June 12, 2014 12:23AM
Sorry for the confusion JC...i turned in a yellow flag speed file for file-check purposes only--- ive turned maybe 8 laps total at a track that is nowhere near my f12002 memory. Ill need to turn a few dozen to break into the teens from my tester of 1;21. I was unaware the software would just post the file...i meant for it to be scanned by the director for possibe settings errors...i will be sending in a hotlap on the last day mostlikely... Thanks all... im having fun looking forward to a moneylap...which no will not be fast---lol
Date: June 12, 2014 01:19AM
Bakmrkr
I was unaware the software would just post the file.

Yep, the Live Leaderboard is one of the features of our league :)

Bakmrkr
graphics recalc in the game---its error is file not found, is this normal?

No, it should work. Have you changed anything other than installing the new Canada track?

Date: June 12, 2014 01:49AM
Yep somethings wrong...now ive noticed that the car is auto brakeing into turn 11---and ive got no aids turned on---dang i hate reinstalling but i might have to---i mean the car starts brakeing under the banner into 11 when in full throttle in 7th...
Date: June 12, 2014 01:58AM
Ok...im going to reinstall---wheres the best place to put the lap/gp4 (i had it in C)

And once its placed should i run the game exe or the X patch (i think the last time i tried to run the exe alone it said there were files missing)...

EDIT: Brand clean install on a just full-defrag drive--- file missing when asked to calc graphics/ and files missing when i click drive...

Xpatch will start the game but keeps recalcing to infinity---it could be an XP thing but i think the laptop copy is buggy...

Starting the sim with X is working...and manual test of graphics is working...i will test the track probs now...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2014 02:27AM by Bakmrkr.
Date: June 12, 2014 02:28AM
The laptop version is not buggy. You must run the game using GPxPatch.exe like always. Calibrate your graphics manually.

And please refer to turn names properly. Turn 11 is the kink on the straight which is not the turn you are referring to I think.

Date: June 12, 2014 03:05AM
My bad 12/13... let me dial in X and see if im ok with the driving aid prob... im going to run in this league and have fun doing it damnit... = )

Edit... FIXED by reinstalling ran a 119 with the stock 6 windout...1:15 or bust... Thanks for all your help everyone, and thanks for putting up with me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2014 03:23AM by Bakmrkr.
Date: June 12, 2014 08:23AM
Very difficult to pick a setup direction on this one - low / medium / high downforce - it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Date: June 12, 2014 12:38PM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very difficult to pick a setup direction on this
> one - low / medium / high downforce - it doesn't
> seem to make much difference.

I remember - some years ago - driving Monza and hitting 350 kph, but doing similar lap times to when I was only hitting 325 kph.
There is a point where more straight line speed = breaking so much earlier that having that extra speed makes no difference.
(Unless you get ridiculous and start comparing 400 kph to 300 kph of course)

Probably why I enjoy tracks like Montreal and Monza so much; it's all down to that speed/downforce balance.
A little bit either side and you lose 2 seconds a lap - as I well know! ;-)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: June 12, 2014 07:17PM
Its feeling like to me that smooth power down through the corners is producing better times than heavy breaking with heavy acceleration (smooth is fast---along with loose) im just going to keep taking away wing till im glideing (kinda sliding) through the corners---i think ill get it all back in the streights---theres a heck-a more time spent there...

Well... hit my goal, so im going to rest on my lorals (sp) and go on a beverage run... i might be able to turn in a better time if i didnt mow lawns, repaint retainers and miss hairpins by 20 meters...but props to my $10 dollar TM kiddie wheel...shes all i need. Speaking of props..anyone turning in times like those by keyboard has ALL my respect---Big Grats to them!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2014 03:01AM by Bakmrkr.
Hi guys!, I'm newbie in League!. I read new rules but i have a question: How many times can to to upload/submit the hotlaps?

Thx!

PS: I' m old race driver and experienced in the leagues...and someone knows very well to me! jejejeje.
Date: June 13, 2014 04:35PM
Hey JS,
Im new also...ive submitted 3 seperate times, so it looks like the software just keeps updating the files, which is a very cool league feature...the guys will chime in with all the answers...they were all very cool to help me through my noobieness and crotchityness... = )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy