GP4 Central - Website to close

Posted by TomMK 
Re: GP4 Central - 2013 CSM Mod Release 7
Date: April 07, 2014 02:09AM
Posted by: TomMK
Lots of updates on the site today:

Firstly, both versions of the 2013 Mod (CSM version and Laptop version) have been updated to v7.0. This update is mainly a GPxPatch config update to help with the GP4 Central Championship. Version 7.0 will be required to compete in the championship, so go download it this week before the season kicks off at Silverstone on Friday :)

Secondly I have created a new ZaZ Tools v1.26 package which contains all of the most up-to-date files from before the built-in Updater went offline last year. It seems it's not coming back any time soon so anyone who has installed ZaZ Tools in the last year won't be running the latest version, so I recommend you download this repack to get the latest files.

And finally there's a small update to the "GP4.exe + GP4 Tweaker v1.0.4.5" package for those of you who don't use CSM.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: April 13, 2014 01:18AM
We'll use this thread to discuss the GP4 Central Championship from now on (it's not just a GPG competition as the previous thread title implies).

Round 1 is open for submissions. Supermonty has taken an early lead with a 1:30.713 in his Ferrari. Not sure I've got another half second to find in my Williams but I'm trying!

Date: April 15, 2014 09:29PM
To mario jr who posted the 1:29.230 - sorry dude but your lap is not valid and I will have to delete it :(. You haven't used the 2013 Laptop Mod; it appears you used an older version of GP4:

mario jr hofxlap output
*** 11_mario jr_1m29s230.hlk:
GP4 1.00 Hotlap for track 11: Silverstone

Plus your car has 847 bhp which is more than any car in the 2013 Laptop Mod:

mario jr hofxlap output
Car #11, driven by mario jr (jordan - honda)
Power: 847 BHP, weight 614 kg, fuel laps: 3.0

Car #11 is the Sauber which should have 815 bhp. It is not a Jordan Honda.

Thank you for participating but please read the rules before posting a time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2014 10:12PM by TomMK.
can we untick "Car power team dependent" in gpxpatch or not ?
Date: April 15, 2014 10:09PM
@supermonty - No. I just noticed that in your replay. Can you resubmit a lap with the box checked as it is by default please?

I am working on doing some automatic validation when you submit your laps, I have HOFxLap running on an application server, but for now it'll just have to be manual.

Edit: Thanks - nice lap ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 01:30AM by TomMK.
Bloody 5 seconds of the pace lol
JasonJarvis1988
Bloody 5 seconds of the pace lol

Currently good enough for a podium and 8 points ;) (Y)

Welcome to the comp!

I've been able to implement HOFxLap validation, which checks the replay files when they are uploaded, which is good to have. So you don't need to submit the laps.log file anymore, just your replay file from now on.

Nice to see a few more entries on the leaderboard, keep them coming!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 06:30AM by TomMK.
I'm a bit conused right now : on your site it is writen that validations are until April 21th and in the countown it says 2 hours or so.
Are we still April 19th or did I miss something ??? :-o

Can you shed a light on this please Tom ?

That is caused by me being an idiot. I set the end date to 21-Apr at 00:00:00 - in other words at the end of 20-Apr. Which is not what I meant. I'm fixing it now.

Also bear in mind that my server is in the USA (for now).

Edit: Fixed. You all have the correct amount of time to submit. Please check the site again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2014 01:41AM by TomMK.
;) Thanks Tom.
I'm pretty sure you're not an idiot, that's common silly issues we all have with computers.

So now I have time enough to improve my 7seconds off-pace lap time ;-(

When I watch supermonty's fastest lap replay back in game, he spins off at the penultimate corner! Is that indicative of me using a wrong performance/ physics file?

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
His lap looks good to me.

Are you using the 2013 Laptop Mod v7.0?

Yeah, I'm using the v7.0. Oh I'm not questioning the validity of his lap, just wondering whether I have mucked up my install somewhat.
I know that if you set a lap and record a replay, then change the physics or performance file, it'll cause cars to crash in the replay.

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Hmm not sure then. If you're using the 2013 Mod and you've installed the right track it should be the exact same game, and so show the replay correctly. It's such a fickle game though so it could be anything that's causing the problem to be honest.

Thanks to everyone who submitted a hot lap to the competition, it's great to have so many entries for the first event.

Congratulations to Jorge, Supermonty and Mario for their podium finishes. It looks like it will be a very competitive season!

Btw I am aware there is a bug on the main page where points are not showing for some participants. I will fix it soon.

Great battle, disappointed to be beaten the last day by jorge but no miracle with a keyboard. I think i've made a nearly lap. Congratulations to Jorge, but it's not a surprise, i know his talent. Good fight with mario, very fast, i hope a great battle for "keyboarders" !
jcaranti good drive!! (B)
Re: GP4 Central - Championship Round 1 at Silverstone 2013
Date: April 23, 2014 02:16AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Thank you guys.

It wasnt easy for me. I had an ulsura in my right eye days previous to the event due
to an accident. It was very painful for me. The 17th i was finally able to do my first laps.
Tom knows this because i told him in a PM.

The 20th i found out that i could improve more the setup and i changed a
lot the front suspension and other parts of the setup. It was a good improvement
but i think i did not get 100% out of car. I think the limit was around 1m28.3 - 1m28.4
because the bad S3 i did comparing to other laps i did.

Anyway i enjoyed and by the look everyone else enjoyed. Thats what matters. (Y)

Cya in Monaco guys. (Y)
I've made some amendments / clarifications to the Championship Rules which will take effect from the next round at Monaco as follows:

GP4 Central Championship Rules
New Rule 1.2 : Participants must use the same name and number throughout the season.

New Rule 1.4 : When an Event uses a custom track, participants must install the track into the correct track slot (1-17) as stated on the Event Page.

New Rule 2.4 : You may change the number of cars running in Free Practise mode in GPxPatch (GPxSet).

Also, with the next round being Monaco, a reminder to everyone about this rule ;):

GP4 Central Championship Rules
3.2 : Contact with barriers or other cars must not be used to gain an advantage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy