GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Hey guys. I´m so sorry to disappoint you again, but several reasons are keeping me from doing the coverages: First of all, a colleague of me has holidays since last week, so I need to do double the work then normal. Second, I´ll be replaced at the beginning of february and will then only have to work one or two days a week. While this might seem good for the manager, it is absolutely bad for me personal, so I hope everyone of you understands if I spend more time writing applications than working on the manager.

pycku schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As for driver negotiations - who will announce the
> news?

Third: My girlfriend wants to spend a LOT of time with me lately, so I´ve only been home on tuesday this week, and will probably just be home at saturday. So, negotiations results will be up this weekend.

As for the silverstone race: If you don´t mind, I can just upload the results, which will spare me about 3 hours of work. I was so intelligent to save the whole results on my phone, so I would be able to do that from my girlfriend with no problems.

Happy new year, he?

----------

GPG Nations Cup: #39 Romania

Wanna become a manager of a Formula 1 team? Take your chance and start in the GP2-Series!
Reve-san, if you have possibility - send me the pics and i will try to do the coverage asap
Ryan Sharp resigns with BCN Competition
"It´s been a hard start to the season, but I thing I´m getting better." Ryan Sharp said after scoring his first points after the Nurburgring Grand Prix. Even though he had not scored any points previous to that, BCN Competitions manager decided to sign a new contract with him. "I am really happy to resign with BCN. The atmosphere is awesome and everyone is always giving 200%." The team is currently in 5th position, but only 5 points differ the teams 4 - 8. "It´s good to have signed the 2 years contract with BCN. Now I don´t need to worry about driving next year or not. I can concentrate completely on racing and scoring points for the team!"
It is said that the contract is worth £1.1m per year.

Adrian Sutil: "Never expected such a tough decision."
Adrian Sutil started contract negotiations a few weeks ago and he got several phone calls in the first few hours already. "It was awesome! So many teams contacted me and wanted to sign me. But then things got harder." Sutil says, refering to the hard decision he had to make. "I never expected it to be such a tough decision. If I´d receive one or two contract offers, okay, but I received 5! I mean, don´t get me wrong, it´s great to see so many teams wanting to sign me, but having to decide between them is awful." tells Sutil.
He further tells us, that he picked out the 2 most interesting offers and went to ask his family and friends which contract to sign. "I had the choice between a Formula 1 team, who is currently driving at the back of the field, but will be taken over by another team next year and a GP2-Series team, currently in the midfield of the series. As both teams offered £4.5m per year, the decision might have been easy, but it wasn´t." In the end the young german decided to join the Formula 1 team BAR (Honda) "...because you know, it´s a Formula 1 team! Furthermore the GP2 team was offering a 3 years deal, while BAR was offering a 1 year deal. And in the end, I am kind of sure that I will get loaned out anyways, so everything should be allright... at least that´s what my dad said." Let´s see if Sutils dad ends up beeing right.

Drivers available until the end of F1 round 7

pycku schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reve-san, if you have possibility - send me the
> pics and i will try to do the coverage asap

Uploading them right now. Thanks once more!

----------

GPG Nations Cup: #39 Romania

Wanna become a manager of a Formula 1 team? Take your chance and start in the GP2-Series!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2012 12:28PM by Reve-san.
So, does that mean that a 1 year contract is valued more by a driver than a multiple year contract? I thought so far it was the opposite.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I think offer from f1 team is more valuable and that is why sutil is going to bar
Yeah, I got that. But I quote: "Furthermore the GP2 team was offering a 3 years deal, while BAR was offering a 1 year deal." For me that sounds like a 1 year deal is considered better by a driver than a multiple year contract.

Okay guys, I have the pictures from the race so I'll make the coverage. Unfortunately I have an appointment tonight, so maybe it wont be today. I'll try to upload the feature race, but if I do not succeed - I promise that both races will be up by tomorrow evening!
Silverstone Feature Race

Hello there from Silverstone! Despite the weather forecast, it's nice and sunny here and it's perfect race conditions. So, lets not lose more time, the first GP2 race in Great Britain is about to begin. Gentlemen, start your engines!

Pantano won the pole position, but will he make a good start? 5 lights are on and we are about to see:

It seems Treluyer made a perfect start and he overtakes Pantano!

Oh my god! Pantano lost a position from Ide, too!

Not surpisingly Treluyer has set the fastest lap

Here are the standings after the first lap:

Rosberg is motivated to progress and he makes the fastest lap

Further behind there are some battles:

Oops, Premat is trying to pass Kovalainen but he makes a mistake!

No doubt, Premat is out of this group:

And Pavlovic is attacking Piquet for 14th

But he can't pass him. The DSR behind Pavlovic is Gene, not Premat:

Treluyer has set the fastest lap, trying to make a gap ahead of Ide.

Oh no, Bruni from Coloni is the first one to retire

And Premat is visiting the pits. It seems there has been an accident between them, but there's no replay of the situation

And Ryan Sharp from BCN is out of the race with suspension problems!

Meanwhile Pantano is not far behind Ide.

It is no surprise that Premat sets the fastest lap with fresh rubber.

30 laps to go, so let`s see the standings again:

Doornbos tries to pass Wurz!

From this angle it seems he didn't make it

But from this shot we see he overtakes and now the Sauber GP2 driver is 4th.

And now Rosberg attacks Lyons

And Doornbos is right behind Pantano. The Dutchman is flying!

I'm sure there will be an attack very soon

I'm sure nothing good will come from this:

I think Doornbos hit slightly Pantano from behind

And that's it, Pantano is in the grass. I think the stewards are going to investigate this accident!

Kovalainen gains from the chaos - he is now 10th, although he was 13th 5 laps ago.

And Montagny is attacking Rosberg for 6th!

And The Frenchman passes Rosberg!

Now both Super Nova drivers are very close.

Rosberg counter-attacks Montagny

But he didn't succeed and now Carroll passed him

I think Carroll should prepare for battle

At the start-finish line Carroll is ahead of Rosberg with a fraction of a second

Gene now with the move on Piquet

And Gene overtakes the Brazilian

With 20 laps to go - here's a quick look on the standings:

Nico doesn't give up, he's attacking Adam Carroll. Meanwhile Montagny enters the pits

But Carroll blocks him

Nico is losing time behind Carroll, so he decides to make his pit-stop

Race leader Treluyer is in, too.

So does Lyons

Paffett is in pits, too.

10.3 for Treluyer, but at which position will he return?!

Doornbos in the pits for scheduled pit-stop.

Treluyer is back on track 11th.

Premat makes his second pit-stop.

Rosberg is with new tires and sets new fastest lap.

Ide lead the race for a while, but he's is visiting the pits, too

So does Marc Gene

And Wurz is now leading, but he is yet to make a stop.

Kovalainen is second for now.

Doornbos makes the fastest lap for the moment

And here's some battle from the back

Kovalainen in pits. I think Carroll is visiting the pits, too.

That's right, Adam is in the pits.

And Treluyer is again leading the race

Ide is second, so nothing changed for these two after the scheduled stops.

And here are the standings after all pit-stops:

Wurz has set the fastest lap 10 laps before the end of the race.

But Carroll beats his time 2 laps later.

Treluyer is having a quiet race, but he is P1

Oh, Ide is 3rd! What happened?

Maybe that has something in common with the fastest lap, made by Wurz?

That's right, Wurz is 2nd and he is flying!

But he is 10 seconds behind Treluyer with just 6 laps to go!

I think Ide is having some problems. Now Lyons is attacking him

And I think there will be no problem for Lyons to take 3rd position.

And 6 laps to go, here are the standings:

Wurz is making a new fastest lap

And another fastest lap from the Aussie, will he be able to catch up Treluyer?

Here's the gap. I think the answer is no, but who knows?!

And here is some battle between teammates. Unfortunately for Sauber GP2 both their drivers are out of the points.

Wurz doesn't give up. Another fastest lap.

Meanwhile Doornbos has lost his position from Kovalainen and now Hernandez is attacking him, too.

Rosberg attacks Montagny for 6th position

But Montagny defends himself well

Last corners for Treluyer

And Racing Engineering driver B. Treluyer has won the Silverstone Feature race!

Wurz is second with a brilliant final laps.

Finishing in style, setting the fastest lap at the end!

Richard Lyons is 3rd.

Ide was long time 2nd, but crosses the finish line in 4th position

Paffett is 5th

Montagny kept that 6th position

Rosberg has to satisfy with 7th

And Kobayashi is the last to finish in the point zone

Here are the final standings for the Feature Race:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2012 10:55AM by pycku.
Silverstone Sprint Race

After finishing 8th in feature race, Kobayashi is now starting from pole position. It seems there's no rain again, so it seems it's going to be a dry weekend at Silverstone.

5 lights are off and the race started!

It seems Kobayashi made a good start and leads the race!

Here are the first 8 after first corner:

Meanwhile there's a battle for every position behind Kobayashi:

That it from the race, standings to follow soon

Paffett attacks Montagny for 3rd position:

But he can't make it. Surprisingly Marc Gene was the fastest at the first lap.

Ide seems to have lost his position from Lyons:

Here are the standings after the first lap:

Kobayashi has set the fastest lap from his second attempt:

But Carroll beats his time after just some seconds:

Gene is trying to pass Ide

But he can't pass and even losses his position from Pavlovic

Gene is now 8th

Paffett is 3rd, just behind Rosberg

Gary is the fastest man on track and he attacks Nico.

And Paffett overtakes the Super Nova driver. These two are the main rivals for Driver Championship and it seems Paffett is faster in Silverstone.

And now Kobayashi is losing his advantage from Paffett.

Another fastest lap for the iSport International driver.

Meanwhile Carroll has stuck behind Nelson Piquet Jr.

Paffett really catches up with Kobayashi.

Here are the standings after 7 laps:

It seems Carroll has overtook Piquet Jr. and now is attacking Monfardini

From this angle it seems Carroll is going to take this position.

That's right, Carroll has gained one position more.

And now we are again in the front, where Paffett is watching closely the rear wing of Kobayashi.

Pavlovic and Ide are fighting for 6th position

Oh my God! A mistake from Pavlovic and Ide passes him

Luckily for the young Serbian, Gene stays behind.

The directors of the programme show us for a moment Gary Paffet, who is really fast today.

And we're now back with Pavlovic and Ide who are battling again for that 6th position!

A quick look at back of the field, where Bruni is 20th.

And after 11 laps, let's see first 8 on track:

It seems Paffett has made a mistake and he has to defend his position from Rosberg

And here it seems Pavlovic to be well ahead of Ide. Marc Gene is next to attack the ART Williams driver.

Monfardini and Pantano are battling for 15th position

And Monfardini blocks Pantano for the moment.

Oh, Montagny spins! What a mistake that will put him out of points

Luckily he can return to the track.

And in the front Paffett is once again catching up with Kobayashi.

Here's the proof Paffett is the fastest man on track. And now he challenges Kobayashi for 1st!

Oh, they are driving wheel to wheel!!! Who will be in front at the end?!

It seems Kobayashi has won this battle. But it isn't finished, yet!

Another attempt by Paffett. Will he make it this time?

I think Gary will succeed this time.

That's it, Paffett has passed Kobayashi and takes the lead in the Sprint race.

And here are the standings 13 laps before the end:

Oh my God! Vilander spins just where his teammate Montagny did some laps ago.

And just as Montagny, he is able to continue.

What a disastrous race for Campos. Both their drivers are deadlast now.

And it seems Rosberg has better pace than Kobayashi. I think there will be battle for 2nd soon.

Which is good for Paffett, who increases his lead.

Pantano is now 14th, right behind Monfardini.

I think Pantano is losing some time behind the Coloni driver.

Premat joins this group. I think it is going to be interesting there.

However, we're cut from this battle to see Treluyer. He is on 8th position - just from where he started.

And now Gene is attacking Ide for 5th position!

And Gene made it! Now Kovalainen will try his luck!

But the Finn can't pass Ide.

Oh my God! Is that a smoke from Rosberg's car?! Does it come from his engine?!

Thankfully it's just dust. It's only a minor mistake from Nico and he rejoins the race without losing a position.

Although he lost a lot of time and Kobayashi run away.

5 laps to go and here are the standings:

Paffett is leading and he tries to get the extra point for fastest lap.

3 laps to go and if nothing serious comes, Paffett is going to win this.

Kobayashi is some 3 seconds behind.

And Premat is challenging Pantano for 14th!

And he makes it. Now there's a Coloni ahead of the DSR Lotus driver.

Once again Ide is struggling at the end of the race. He's now 8th and out of the points.

Rosberg is 3 laps behind Kobayashi and Pavlovic isn't far behind the German. This is the final lap, but Milos is giving his best to catch up with Nico.

Oh no! Pavlovic made an unforced mistake! he is out of the racing track!

He rejoins the track, but Gene passes him.

.And we are back with Paffett who has won the Silverstone sprint race!

Kobayashi crosses the line in second position.

Rosberg is 3rd.

Gene took the gift from Pavlovic and finishes 4th

Pavlovic at least didn't lost any more positions and is 5th

Kovalainen comes 6th.

Treluyer is 7th and the first one out of the points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2012 12:34PM by pycku.
Standings after Silverstone:

Red Bull Racing Junior

What a fantastic weekend, finally picking up some more points, and both Wurz and Pavlovic showing some good pace.

We can confirm we were one of the teams in talks with Sutil, we wish him well for next season.

A terrible weekend all around. No points scored, and we are now last in the championship. Porteiro may get a chance, unless our current drivers show an improvement at Hockenheim.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Racing Engineering Press Release
Top team of the weekend
An excellent performance from both drivers this weekend has seen the team make significant strides forward in both championships, particularly the constructors championship.
Benoit controlled the feature race perfectly and dedicated his win to the new born daughter of the team boss. Kobayashi also performed well in the feature race to grab P8 and the pole for the sprint race.
We didn't quite have the pace in the sprint race, with Paffett doing an outstanding job to grab the win, but it was good to hold off Rosberg and grab P2.
DSR Lotus statement

A decent race for DSR Lotus, although we expected much more from what is supposed to be our home race. Both our drivers had a quiet feature race, but Marc Gene was exceptional during the sprint race and in our opinion he was driver of the day, progressing from 10th to 4th in just 26 laps. However, with just 3 points from both races, we can't say we're happy.

Deyan Rangelov was far from happy: "I can't be happy with 3 points, but I know that sometimes these things happen. Good thing is that Gene proved once again that he is very good driver and we're happy with his form. However, Premat is not showing the potential he has. What is good is that we were the Ferrari team that performed the best, although Silverstone is a track, where all Ferrari-engined team struggled a lot. We hope that we can fix this in the incoming test session."
ART Williams statement

We are of course very disappointed with the outcome of the races. Yuji was in a brilliant position after the qualifying and everything looked good until the second stint of the main race. Then he suddenly had no grip anymore and this continued through all of the sprint race, too. This way he was totally unable to defend his positions and that cost us a lot of points. Very unfortunate.

Bjorn was again unable to show an improvement in his performance and that's why there'll be a driver change for the next race! Mathias Lauda will replace Bjorn Wirdheim for both the training and the race FOR THE NEXT RACE ONLY. For the official test days, everything will stay like announced.

Off topic: Concerning the driver contract again, I'm of course still interested if a one year contract is generally valued higher by a driver AND I'd be interested to get known how it will be decided when e.g. two GP2 teams give the same salary per year but one contract is one year and the other one for 3 years. Cause in the way Twigster calculates the offers, the 3 year contract would be way higher than the 1 year contract. Fictional example:

Driver X: Costs for 1 year: 3 Million, for 2 years: 5 Million: for 3 years: 6 Million.
As the price gets cheaper the longer the contract is we have the following situation. Team A bids 4 Million for 1 year. Team B bids 4 Million for 3 years. That means, the contract from Team 1 is worth 4 Million (1 Million higher than the minimum offer). The contract from Team B is worth 12 Million however (which is 6 Million more than the minimum offer and double as much as asked.

That's the way Twigster calculates these offers and I think it's a fair deal. In this scenario Team B would get the driver for 3 years. And that's why I can't really understand the decision from Sutil. Although BAR is an F1 team, the contract from the GP2 team was worth more than double as much! And just to get things clear: Yes I bid for Sutil myself but I don't think that I was the GP2 team in the final run. This is rather a general question how the decision will be made here in GP2.

Happy with Nico's 3rd place, but Adam needs to push for more points during the season. Nico needs to start winning again if he wants to win the Championship.

For Hockenheim, Nico and Adam will participate in practice, with Briscoe replacing Adam for the rest of the weekend. This will be a good chance for Briscoe to prove his worth.
Sauber GP2

Looked pretty good, but then all went wrong
iSport statement

We are very happy with our drivers performance this weekend. Pantano was unfortunate to be punted off the racing track, which destroyed his chances for the remaining sessions. Gary Paffet showed an amazing pace both in the feature and sprint races, bringing home the win in the 2nd race, which delighted the team principal. Gary is now leading the championship, and we'll do everything we can to ensure he grabs the title.
Any news on testing results?
Red Bull Racing Junior official announcement

Red Bull Racing Junior can officially announce that from the 2006 season we will be known as LR BMW Racing. Team principal Luke Russell and new engine supplier BMW have gone into a 50/50 deal on owning the team. A new livery has already been designed, and we are working hard to get a top line driver in for next year, but Lewis Hamilton has already caught our attention.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy