GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Racing engineering preparing for 2006
Having already signed an engine deal for 2006, the attention of the team management has turned to driver negotiations, and we wait patiently to see how these negotiations have gone so far, and have drawn up a short list of targets and look forward to further negotiations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2012 07:39PM by ginnerchris.
DSR statement

If there are no news - make some :)

Bad news for Nicolas Lapierre. It seems he has fallen in the bathroom, so he has injured his leg. Because of this he is missing the upcoming test session. He is supposed to recover in about a month, which means that he definitely will be missing next couple of races.

Sorry guys, just get bored so decided to hurt Nicolas :P
pycku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry guys, just get bored so decided to hurt
> Nicolas :P

That bad, huh?
Well, I won;t pay him salary during this month, so this is good news - making some economies ;) :D
Any news?
Hope everything is alright with you reve-san

I don't mind having to wait for the next race, but it would be good to know how long we might expect to wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 12:35PM by ginnerchris.
ginnerchris schrieb:
> Any news?
> Hope everything is alright with you reve-san
>
> I don't mind having to wait for the next race, but
> it would be good to know how long we might expect
> to wait.

+1 on that

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Hi guys

I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in joining the GPGSL as a test driver for the MPR Team

Just give me a PM if you are interested :)

Thanks

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Hmmmm this has gone worringly quiet :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2012 12:28PM by Chris2k6.
Chris2k6 Wrote:
> Hmmmm this has gone worringly quiet :(

It has, which is a shame, because the season had gone really well, and it was well organised

However in the meantime I'm not really sure what can be done about it as I don't think Reve has uploaded the mod anywhere, and also even though we could just recompile the mod, we wouldn't have the correct performance files.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I'm not sure but I might have the mod somewhere. He sent it to me at a time when he got a problem but I don't know if I still have it. Will check it though. But then again there's still the problem with the perfs. And unfortunately I don't have enough time to take over the series.

Shame how long this has been quiet for.
Does anyone have an IM or email for reve-san. Perhaps he's just not getting the emails about new posts.
I thin Reve-san was about to come back in february. Seems he has some additional problems. As for me, I firmly believe he didn't forget us. I hope he is fine and he returns soon :)
Right. This has gone on too long now, so apologise to those involved. However I have no intention of letting the GP2 series die so in regard to problem with the missing perfs for the time, being I am willing to try rebuild at least the drivers perfs (with the team perfs I've got no idea what sorcery is going there) using my formula as although it's not the same formula that Reve uses, it will at least give us some perfs that are representative of each drivers ability, and plus it's better than nothing. Also, John, if you do still have the mod would you be kind enough to re-upload so we can finish reassembling it.

Also, for the time being I'll try to handle to GP2 contract negotiations as well. However from taking a quick at the thread I can't seem to find a complete list of drivers and their contract amounts (unless I'm just incredibly blind), so for now we'll have to suffice with the small amount of drivers whose contracts we already know (also there'll probably be some sort of compensation for the reduced amount of available drivers, what it will be though I'm not sure as of yet)

Finally, as you have seen I barely have time to run the F1 races lately so I will not be running any GP2 races anytime soon, that is something you'll have to organise amongst yourselves.

Once again I can only apologise for this mess as it's probably my fault for allowing the introduction of the GP2 series so soon after the creation of main series, but we'll just have to try and make the best of a bad situation.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Oh damn, I completely forgot about the mod. I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I'm not at home for this week, but when I'm back home on Monday I will promise to look for the mod. I think I still have it somewhere...not sure though.

I could also try and run a race when I'm back home and have some representative perfs. I know if I still have the mod I'll also have a perf file with it, though it will lack 2 mid-season tests. But it could still be used as a base to re-create a new perf file from it.

Also, if I can run a weekend, I'd still need somebody to make new point-tables as I will definitely not have the time for that and the race coverages would not be as extensive as you'd be used to and it would only be one race and for sure not the complete season.

All in all I fear that if Reve-san doesn't come back or we don't find a new permanent RD, this series is going to die.

Don't worry if you don't have the mod any more John, it shouldn't take too long to re-essemble. In the mean time I have generated some make-shift driver perfs as for the team perfs I'm not entirely sure what we can do about them without the mod so we'll just have to deal with that issue once we find if John still has the mod or not.

As for the future of the series I don't think it is so much of a problem in finding a permanent race director as for the most part, people seem willing to chip in. I think the main problem is finding someone to handle the contract negotiations and such, as for obvious reasons it can't be someone who owns a team in either the F1 or GP2 series.

I'd be able to do contracts, although as a current manager might be a conflict of interests - would hand over team to anyone on waiting list if there still is one.

Don't know much about perfs, but if there's a formula to follow, I guess I can plug numbers in.

Wouldn't have time to run tests or races either (new baby taking up lots of my free time), but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Let's hope we can come up with a solution, but the lack of interest in this thread isn't a great sign - how about getting it pinned??
Okay guys. I have good and bad news. The first thing I did when I came home earlier was checking my HD for the mod. The good news is: I still have it. The bad news, however: Most car changes are not yet included in it, so it would have to be rebuilt almost completely + it doesn't include any perfs. So we still can't solve the problem of the missing team perfs without Reve coming online at least once.

JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Okay guys. I have good and bad news. The first
> thing I did when I came home earlier was checking
> my HD for the mod. The good news is: I still have
> it. The bad news, however: Most car changes are
> not yet included in it, so it would have to be
> rebuilt almost completely + it doesn't include any
> perfs. So we still can't solve the problem of the
> missing team perfs without Reve coming online at
> least once.

Ah. Bugger.

Then I'm really not sure what we can do from here but thanks for checking anyway John :)

I'll try to have a think in the next few days about possible solutions.

I suggest that if nothing happens in 2 weeks time - let's kill this season 2005 as it is and wait F1 series for a restart in 2006? Meanwhile we can negotiate with drivers to prepare for next season. What do you think?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy