GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Could be a plan - means we don't have to worry too much about perfs.
We do need someone (who isn't currently a manager in the series) to take on the driver & engine negotiations though.
ginnerchris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could be a plan - means we don't have to worry too
> much about perfs.
> We do need someone (who isn't currently a manager
> in the series) to take on the driver & engine
> negotiations though.

I've offered to do it at the end of the season. Can't do it now obviously, as I'm still in charge of Minardi.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 05:58PM by Incident 2k9.
I declare this project officially dead. I hope Reve-san is alive and healthy, but it seems he'll never come back to this forum. So now is the time to plan restarting the series for 2006 season, if there is enough interest from other managers. If there are not 11 managers, I suggest that "empty" teams should be run from F1 managers (who are willing to) until someone new comes in the waiting list.

Any interested in participating in running this project?

As for me - I can make the coverages, although I can't run the races (i don't have a copy of the grandprix 4 game). I can run the negotiations and give some developing ideas for the rules, but I want to have own team, so maybe i will not be permitted to do that. If there's anything else I can help, sure I'd like to.

Any others interested?
Well pycku, if you want to have a team you can't do the negotiations as this will naturally end in conflicts of interest sooner or later. So, to restart this series we'll need somebody who is up to running it. That means, at least, doing the perfs, the negotiations and all the organization. The races could be run by basically anybody, assumed that everybody has trust in the other participants that nobody cheats. But...I fear that we won't find somebody to do the main stuff. And after the happenings with Reve-san, a person who would take over would have to be sure to be able to run the series for at least a complete season, otherwise it would end in exactly the same situation again.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
If someone was to prepare the mod file, I could perhaps take it over as I stepped down from my Mclaren role in the main series. I would need a list of what I would need to be doing though.

I don't have time to run any races i'm afraid.
Will continue running my team racing engineering until I get promoted to the main game
Hmm does anyone have the mod at all, as in any of the files in any form? I would be interested in getting a copy and seeing what would need to be done/what i could do... As for the running of the whole thing, i could possibly do it/help but would be in the same situation as johnwarrington, i would need to know what to be done. John if you take over and you want some help, let me know. As for running races, if i was to run it, the more other people could run the better.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
JohnWarrington Wrote:
> If someone was to prepare the mod file, I could
> perhaps take it over as I stepped down from my
> Mclaren role in the main series. I would need a
> list of what I would need to be doing though.

Well if yourself and Jake wouldn't mind handling the perfs and budgets for both GP2 and F1 (I know it's a big ask) then both series could technically maintained without having someone at the head of the whole thing, although it would still be nice to have someone, as long as we can manage find some race directors for the GP2 series.

Also, considering the reasons why this series has died in the first place, if it was to start again I would propose removing all this crap about sending in engine data at test sessions,bidding for engines, etc, and just use the same methods and formulas as the F1 series, it was all becoming far too complicated imo. This should make it easier to maintain and remove the issue of converting GP2 driver perfs to F1 drivers perfs and vice versa.

Managers wise you should have nine at the moment, unless Dan has changed his mind about managing a GP2 team, and I can take up a team to fill up the numbers seeing as I'm stepping down from managing the F1 series completely at the end of the season.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

As all GP2 teams use the same Mecachrome engines and the same Dallara chassis, how should we differentiate teams in the most realistic way possible?

And yes, I can do the driver bids as well.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Seeing as both John and Connor have asked for a 'to do list' for running a league, here is a list of what I used to do for the F1 league off the top of my head:

1. Looking after the OP - involves updating the OP with quali, race results and current standings, adding/removing people from the waiting list, updating team general and testing budgets as well as updating the available drivers; plus updating the provisonial 2006 lineups. To be honest the vast majority of this is just filling in a template which I can provide.

2. Handling contract negotiations/budgets - firstly involves drawing up contract prices and team budgets, then once that's done all that is required is to randomly select 4/5 drivers to be open for negotiations and then take in bids from the managers and keep track of each teams budget. Finally all that is left is to post some waffle at the end of each race when a driver signs for a team. After drawing up the budgets, this is a relatively simple task which just involves plugging numbers into a spreadsheet, I personally find that the longest bit of the procedure it actually just making the tables to post after the race.

3. Handling test sessions - involves firstly making sure everyone is aware that a test session is coming up, mainly as most seem to be unaware that there is actually a calender in the OP ;) I do this firstly by announcing, usually a race in advance, that a test session is coming up and then follow this up by sending out a pm to each manager as to where they rank against the other teams in terms of pace and reliability, to ensure they are fully aware. After that all that is left is to update the formula and run the session. Again this is a fairly mundane task, it's just time consuming.

4. Handling perfs - involves generating and maintaining each teams perf throughout the season and also updating the driver perfs as each race passes. Again this is mostly just a case of plugging numbers into a formula.

5. Compiling the mod - involves collecting all the new textures and liveries (this seasons was done solely by Alesi, but Kedy is helping him this year) and copy and pasting the files in the correct places in the mod. Once this is done all that is needed is to maintain the mod by adding in new/updated textures as driver changes occur during the season. This is again an easy task but is also very time consuming, but once it's done there is very little to do here.

And also until recently...

6. Running races - involves running races and then writing up race reports and updating the standings. I found this to be by far the most time consuming aspect of the job and also sometimes the most frustrating, however having said that GP4 usually puts on a good show ;) If we can find a few people to help with running the races, this would be very handy indeed.

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> As all GP2 teams use the same Mecachrome engines
> and the same Dallara chassis, how should we
> differentiate teams in the most realistic way
> possible?
>
> And yes, I can do the driver bids as well.

Thanks Jake that would be great! :)

Regarding the engines, what I proposed to Reve last time, despite not being completely realistic, was to have three different engine providers e.g. Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes. Then choose one to be the most expensive which provides the most power; but is the least reliable, choose another to be at the other end of the spectrum by providing the least power but being the most reliable, and then have one slap bang in the middle.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 11:06PM by Twigster151.
If required I could run some races :-) Also could help with performance files.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Ok based on what jack posted above (thanks for the info), i could possibly run this/help run this series. Although by all means i will let john have first choice on whether he wants to run it as im involved with the GPGSL/GPGNC. But the offer to help still stands :)

Hey there.
As Twigster knows, i recently asked about being a race director, because i wanted to get a similar thing running in a league of mine. This project was cancelled due to lack of interest (they're driver, not manager ^^), but still i want to try this.
I would like to to throw myself in, as a complete race director. This means i would step down from the waiting list for the F1-Manager and start getting myself into the complete stuff. This means handling the mods, updating cars etc. I can guarantee a good level of activity, although i'm going to make A-level-exams in 1 year.
I'm not a coder nor can i do anything with textures and stuff, so you'd have to send me every file i have to update.
Races can be run, and if you don't mind a sometimes crappy language, i could also upload them to youtube, in nice 15-minutes-blocks. If not, the coverages could take more time ^^

If you are intersted, pls say so. I hope for your support, even if i do mistakes. It's better to get myself familar with the work in GP2-Manager rather than F1-Manager, otherwise i would have applied there, too.
Greetings
Silverman

EDIT: A sticky for GP2-Manager, until the topic is finished?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 09:50PM by xSilvermanx.
This is not a real post
this thread went down again ^^
This is a real post, not only to keep the thread up ;)

The mod re-building is just in progress. Connor (truecrisis) and me are just setting things to whom will re-build it. Just as an ahead warning, we might need some more files again from people who changed their liveries (including me^^) during the 2005 season.
Also I would suggest that every team keeps their numbers from the 2005 season as A) we didn't have a full season before and B) this would spare a lot of file-editing.

Twigster151 Wrote:
> Seeing as both John and Connor have asked for a
> 'to do list' for running a league, here is a list
> of what I used to do for the F1 league off the top
> of my head:
>
> 1. Looking after the OP - involves updating the OP
> with quali, race results and current standings,
> adding/removing people from the waiting list,
> updating team general and testing budgets as well
> as updating the available drivers; plus updating
> the provisonial 2006 lineups. To be honest the
> vast majority of this is just filling in a
> template which I can provide.
>
> 2. Handling contract negotiations/budgets -
> firstly involves drawing up contract prices and
> team budgets, then once that's done all that is
> required is to randomly select 4/5 drivers to be
> open for negotiations and then take in bids from
> the managers and keep track of each teams budget.
> Finally all that is left is to post some waffle at
> the end of each race when a driver signs for a
> team. After drawing up the budgets, this is a
> relatively simple task which just involves
> plugging numbers into a spreadsheet, I personally
> find that the longest bit of the procedure it
> actually just making the tables to post after the
> race.
>
> 3. Handling test sessions - involves firstly
> making sure everyone is aware that a test session
> is coming up, mainly as most seem to be unaware
> that there is actually a calender in the OP ;) I
> do this firstly by announcing, usually a race in
> advance, that a test session is coming up and then
> follow this up by sending out a pm to each manager
> as to where they rank against the other teams in
> terms of pace and reliability, to ensure they are
> fully aware. After that all that is left is to
> update the formula and run the session. Again this
> is a fairly mundane task, it's just time
> consuming.
>
> 4. Handling perfs - involves generating and
> maintaining each teams perf throughout the season
> and also updating the driver perfs as each race
> passes. Again this is mostly just a case of
> plugging numbers into a formula.
>
> 5. Compiling the mod - involves collecting all the
> new textures and liveries (this seasons was done
> solely by Alesi, but Kedy is helping him this
> year) and copy and pasting the files in the
> correct places in the mod. Once this is done all
> that is needed is to maintain the mod by adding in
> new/updated textures as driver changes occur
> during the season. This is again an easy task but
> is also very time consuming, but once it's done
> there is very little to do here.
>
> And also until recently...
>
> 6. Running races - involves running races and then
> writing up race reports and updating the
> standings. I found this to be by far the most time
> consuming aspect of the job and also sometimes the
> most frustrating, however having said that GP4
> usually puts on a good show ;) If we can find a
> few people to help with running the races, this
> would be very handy indeed.
>
> Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As all GP2 teams use the same Mecachrome
> engines
> > and the same Dallara chassis, how should we
> > differentiate teams in the most realistic way
> > possible?
> >
> > And yes, I can do the driver bids as well.
>
> Thanks Jake that would be great! :)
>
> Regarding the engines, what I proposed to Reve
> last time, despite not being completely realistic,
> was to have three different engine providers e.g.
> Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes. Then choose one to
> be the most expensive which provides the most
> power; but is the least reliable, choose another
> to be at the other end of the spectrum by
> providing the least power but being the most
> reliable, and then have one slap bang in the
> middle.

Still unsure on running this especially given the format of the race weekend.

1, 4 and 6 are ok for me. Wouldn't really want to do 2, 3 and 5 especially given that I'm also looking after the F1 perfs from next season onwards

I'm on 2 John, don't have the equipment or knowhow to do 3 & 5 though.

I'll begin negotiations with GP2 managers when we've done the F1 season so that we can crack on.

Regarding engines, as the F3 Euroseries use Merc and VW we could maybe use those? Perhaps get Mugen-Honda in too...just to shake things up a bit. Obviously, we'll have different brake manufacturers as well.

Whats happening with the drivers in the series? Im assuming the teams would be starting from scratch and all teams signing drivers completely again. If this is the case ive drawn up a list of potential drivers for the series (mod building purposes)

Everything else doesn't make sense as some of the drivers from this season might be used from F1 teams next season. So yes, teams will have to sign drivers from scratch.

Based on that, here is the current list of drivers that i have, if anyone thinks there is a driver that should be taken off/added, let me know

adam carroll - 24
adrian sutil - 23
adrian valles - 20
alexandre negrao - 21
alexandre premat - 24
alvaro parente - 22
andreas zuber - 23
can artam - 25
carlo van dam - 20
charlie kimball - 21
clivio piccione - 22
ernesto viso - 21
fairuz fauzy - 24
felix porteiro - 23
ferdinando monfardini - 22
filipe albuquerque - 21
franck montagny - 28
franck perera - 22
giedo van der garde - 21
giorgio mondini - 26
giorgio pantano - 27
hiroki yoshimoto - 26
jamie green - 24
jason tahincioglu - 23
javier villa - 19
jose maria lopez - 23
kamui kobayashi - 20
lewis hamilton - 21
luca filippi - 21
lucas di grassi - 22
mathias lauda - 25
michael ammermuller - 20
mike conway - 23
milos pavlovic - 24
nelson piquet jr - 21
nicolas lapierre - 22
olivier pla - 25
oliver jarvis - 22
richard lyons - 27
romain grosjean - 20
ryan sharp - 27
scott speed - 23
sergio hernandez - 23
toni vilander - 26
tristan gommendy - 27
vitaly petrov - 22
will power - 25
yann clairay - 23

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2012 12:59PM by truecrysis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy