GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
I hope the real season goes better then the Asia series did for us. We have good qualy pace, just need to work on races
Very good coverage again. Thanks for that.

However, I have some questions:

1. Can I say for the first Barcelona test that I want to work on reliability on first day and speed on second day or do they count together?

2. If I decide to send data from Barcelona test, will that cost 250k or 500k? What I mean is, does it cost 250k for the whole test weekend or per session? And if it's the second option, can I decide only to send for one session or do I have to send for both?

3. I suppose these extra 20 million $ we got include driver and engine contracts for next season?

4. What are the constructor position rates? I think it is important to know to plan for next season already. If it's rather little money, it might be worth for a team to forget about this season and concentrate on next season. If the prizes are rather high, however, it might be worth to spend some more money this season.

5. Will all drivers be free again for next season or do they have multi-year contracts and can be traded between teams?

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very good coverage again. Thanks for that.

> However, I have some questions:
>
> 1. Can I say for the first Barcelona test that I
> want to work on reliability on first day and speed
> on second day or do they count together?

Yes, thats one of the ideas behind the two days.

> 2. If I decide to send data from Barcelona test,
> will that cost 250k or 500k? What I mean is, does
> it cost 250k for the whole test weekend or per
> session? And if it's the second option, can I
> decide only to send for one session or do I have
> to send for both?

2nd option and yes :p

> 3. I suppose these extra 20 million $ we got
> include driver and engine contracts for next
> season?

yup

> 4. What are the constructor position rates? I
> think it is important to know to plan for next
> season already. If it's rather little money, it
> might be worth for a team to forget about this
> season and concentrate on next season. If the
> prizes are rather high, however, it might be worth
> to spend some more money this season.

Well the original 20m were meant to give every manager the possibility to buy the best drivers. Therefor, this is the budget the constructor champion of this new season will get. Meh, why am I writing, if I can just give you the chart? ;)

1. 20m
2. 18m
3. 16m
4. 14m
5. 12m
6. 11m
7. 10m
8. 9m
9. 8m
10. 7m
11. 6m

The World Driver Champions team will get 2m as well. (I should possibly post this on the first post)

> 5. Will all drivers be free again for next season
> or do they have multi-year contracts and can be
> traded between teams?

All drivers will be free again, as the champion of a season e. g. is not allowed to race in GP2 anymore, which could lead to a team winning the championship. You can also buy drivers from other teams, you just have to send an offer to them and if you find an agreement both team managers should post so (just to make sure, noones cheating). There will also be LOTS of new drivers for next season, beeing revealed at the start of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2011 09:08PM by Reve-san.
Thanks for the very informative and extensive post. Yet one other question appeared from the explanation now ;-)

I suppose, when you talk of buying drivers from another team, this means buying them for the rest of THIS season, as for next season they're free again and it's therefore impossible to sell a driver to another team for next season?!?

Arggg 2 points!!! Oh well good drive for Paffett, not so good for Pantano well see.
Sauber GP2

We are happy we scored points and are looking forward to the beginning of the GP2 Series
Racing Engineering Press Release
More points for Kamui

Kamui Kobayashi successfully converted a pole position into points today, and showed he is in the top tier of drivers in this class.
Clearly SuperNova and iSport are going to be the teams to beat, and they have quality drivers. Still 3rd place overall in the cup, including one race where we scored no points is a good point to start from, and we hope that with some good work in testing and some feedback to our engine supplier, we will make a good step before the start of the championship proper.

Benoit had an interesting race and did well to end up in the points. He looks like a solid 2nd driver, and has put pressure on Lopez to make some steps in the testing sessions to come.

Our plans for pre-season testing are starting to come together, and we look forward to seeing everyone again after a short break.
We will be running Kamui and Benoit on both days for this test, and will be concentrating on performance, and sending some data back to our partner Mercedes.

We're interested by the race-promoters ideas of live-streaming the session which could pioneer new ways of fans engaging with motorsport - we'd love to see the results of this.
Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

Delighted with our weekends work, Wurz again proving his worth, whilst Pavlovic will definately be happy with a point on his debut. The fastest lap with Wurz and the fastest Renault powered team, we will go into the test sessions with our heads held high.

Congratulations to Adam [Carroll] and Super Nova Racing for their Asia Cup win.

This is absolutely fantastic! Great job by Adam and Nico, they've both been driving very well. I'm hoping for similar successes in the proper championship, but it will be a long and rocky road to get to the top of the class.
JohnMaverick schrieb:
> Thanks for the very informative and extensive
> post. Yet one other question appeared from the
> explanation now ;-)
>
> I suppose, when you talk of buying drivers from
> another team, this means buying them for the rest
> of THIS season, as for next season they're free
> again and it's therefore impossible to sell a
> driver to another team for next season?!?

Yeah, forgot to mention that it is meant for the running season ^^

Also, I´ll run the race tomorrow at 8:30 CET (a little less than 24 hours). I will post a link when it´s all set. Looking forward to it ^^
Reve-san Wrote:

> On another note, I decided to expand the
> Pre-Season Test Sessions. Every circuit will now
> have two test days. Also, please note that the
> testing itself is for free, but sending data to
> your engine manufacturer costs money! So please
> tell me via PM, if you want to send your data to
> your manufacturer or not. Also choose if you want
> them to work on performance or reliability. For
> costs please see the first post again.
> Last but not least, all teams have now gotten the
> new budget for the first season.

On the first page of this thread it is said that "Test Sessions will be held throughout the season and will cost you £250k per session " and now it is said that it will be for free. Does it mean that team owners should pay only if they decide to send data to engine manufacturers?

"To finish first, first you have to finish."

pycku schrieb:
> Reve-san Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>
> > On another note, I decided to expand the
> > Pre-Season Test Sessions. Every circuit will
> now
> > have two test days. Also, please note that the
> > testing itself is for free, but sending data to
> > your engine manufacturer costs money! So please
> > tell me via PM, if you want to send your data
> to
> > your manufacturer or not. Also choose if you
> want
> > them to work on performance or reliability. For
> > costs please see the first post again.
> > Last but not least, all teams have now gotten
> the
> > new budget for the first season.
>
> On the first page of this thread it is said that
> "Test Sessions will be held throughout the season
> and will cost you £250k per session " and now it
> is said that it will be for free. Does it mean
> that team owners should pay only if they decide to
> send data to engine manufacturers?

The In-Season tests do cost 250k for participating and 250k for sending data (500k in total), while the Pre-Season tests are free and only sending data costs (250k in total). Still I´m thinking of changing it for next season, so it is less complicated.
I personally don't think that it is sooo difficult ;)

Hey there again. I am really sorry to inform you, that there will be no stream of the GP2-Series today. I tried my best to get it running properly, but it is lagging way too much. I will further try to fix this, but I don´t know if I´ll ever get it to work.

On the bright side you all surely have noticed that the final race of F1 Manager is over, meaning the 2005 season is gonna start really soon! I therefor would like to inform you how negotiations will work during the next season:

1. As you might have noted, you are able to contact other managers to buy a driver from their team. If you find an agreement both team managers should post so (just to make sure, noones cheating). Your new driver will then be able to drive for you after the next GP2-Series race weekend or Test Session.

2. The GP2 Negotiation rounds will start together with the F1 negotiation rounds. Twigster will only post the current F1 drivers in the F1 thread, while I post the Drivers available from GP2 and for GP2 in both threads. That means, that the negotiations results will be posted after the F1 races, not the GP2 races! As a matter of fact this leads to more negotiation rounds than GP2 sessions.

That beeing said, there is one question left: It is unavoidable that the GP2-Series will end way earlier than formula 1. So logically we will run the Asia Cup again next year. Nonetheless, what shall we do during the left free time? Because I think in the end, we will still have a month of nothing. (My calculation: GP2 Series: 12 races + Asia Cup 3 r / Formula 1 having 18 races?)
I'm (still) not a Team owner, but i suggest there are some (promotional) non official races that give no points. On the other hand, maybe some (arabian) millionaires want to see GP2 series in their countries, so they are willing to spend some money for prizes. Maybe 1 mln for the winner, 500 k for second placed and 250k for third man on the poddium isn't bad and won't hurt the financial system of the game. Of course there can be no prizes.

Another option is that there are some tests for drivers as a chance for them to win a contract for next year or just taste the feeling to be in a GP2 car. I mean test sessions with non-contracted drivers who pay for the test and as a result the test is free of charge for team owners. Or maybe (new) tyre manufacturer wants from the teams to test their new sets of tyres for the new season and is ready to pay the teams for the test.

Of course there's option for team owners to thrust their fingers into their noses expecting to take out some miraculous lump of gold a.k.a do nothing but expect the new season :)

I think that unofficial races will be the most interesting for team owners, but let them say what they like.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2011 04:35PM by pycku.
The idea of the non-contracted young driver days is interesting but hard to implement. Who decides which driver may drive for which team? What consequences do the results have? etc. etc...

But I just had another idea. The GP2 teams could do some F1 testing. Many teams already have a contract with a F1 team. Now, after the GP2 season is over, the GP2 teams can announce 2 of their next season drivers to drive a some tests for the respective F1 team (or one of the free F1 teams). At these test days, the F1 teams not only give the GP2 drivers a chance to drive a F1 car and gain some experience but also use the chance to try out some new parts for the next season car. This way, they can gain a little speed bonus for the next season.
As for the costs: The participation costs 400k, split by GP2 team and F1 team. If either one doesn't want to take these costs, the other one can pay the full amount but only the one who paid will get data to improve either the driver or the car.

I hope that wasn't too difficult now ;-)

I quite like the idea of an Arab league for money!!
Surely we could also have an extended Asia Cup (6 rounds instead of 3) - track suggestions (Melbourne, Kuala Lumpa, Suzuka, Turkey), or a American series (Canada, USA, Brazil)

It all depends how authentic we want to keep the series - there will be tracks which exist now, which didn't in 2006 (Singapore, Korea, India, Abu Dhabi)
ginnerchris Wrote:
> I quite like the idea of an Arab league for
> money!!
> Surely we could also have an extended Asia Cup (6
> rounds instead of 3) - track suggestions
> (Melbourne, Kuala Lumpa, Suzuka, Turkey), or a
> American series (Canada, USA, Brazil)
>
> It all depends how authentic we want to keep the
> series - there will be tracks which exist now,
> which didn't in 2006 (Singapore, Korea, India, Abu
> Dhabi)

This would be my suggestion too. Most likely the simplest of the suggestions
Hey there guys! Just wanted to let you all know, that Ferrari2007 has been replaced by pycku, as he has been inactive for nearly one month now. I hope everything is allright with this decision, as Ferrari2007 didn´t even answer my PM about replacing him. In the end, I didn´t want to do it, but as pycku was on the waiting list, it would have been unfair if he wouldn´t have gotten the chance to prove himself. So please all make sure, to post regularly, as this will show me that you are still into this game (if you are in holidays or something else, just state so as well). Still, you will not be kicked, if there is noone on the waiting list.

So now for the First Test Session: Until now, I did receive 4 PM´s. Note that you do not only need to PM me if you want to send in your data, but also to tell me which drivers will drive the test session. If you do not write a PM, I will use your #1 and #2 driver stated on the first post. Also, make sure to send your PM´s until Monday, 12PM at the latest, as I will run the first day of Catalunya on Tuesday.

Greetings and Cheers :)
DPR is dead, long live DSR

In a press release just a minute ago, it became clear, that there's a change in the GP2 Paddock. The ink in the contract is still wet, so we are happy to be the first ones to announce that Mr. Deyan Rangelov has bought the team previously known as David Price Racing.

From now on the team will be renamed to DSR Racing

This will cause also change in the livery of the team. It is believed that the new livery will be shown in the upcoming test in Catalunya.

First of all Deyan Rangelov stated that he is very happy the negotiations is over and wished good luck to every team owner during the season, declaring he's proud to be one of them. "It was very hard to keep it a secret. We were assured that the contract will be signed on Saturday, but some problems delayed that for Sunday. It doesn't matter much, when it's over. I wish to thank Reve-san for participating in the deal. I wish to thank Ferrari2007 for the great job he has done up to now, making it hard to improve. Still there's a lot to progress, so we are full of optimism"
As for team aims Rangelov said "our goal is to finish ahead of all the other teams, that are using Ferrari engines. That way we will certainly show to our parent team that we deserve the contract between us." He added that everyone in the team will keep his job. A journalist asked him if that stays for current driver lineup and the answer was "As you know we are the only GP2 team to have no third driver. We will definitely try to find someone for that position before the season starts. We hope we sign [a contract] with an experienced driver who may even take a racing seat, but we have just took control of the team and negotiating with drivers is not on the agenda. Be sure that when we have something to announce, it will be announced."

This was everything that our media find out about the new team but it is no doubt next week there will be a lot more news to come.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2011 02:39PM by pycku.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy