GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Benoit Treluyer should be taken out as he's already 30 and too old, in my opinion. Other than that I'm very fine with the selection.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sounds good. I believe that one engine manufacturer may be good enough, if it is too hard to implement other manufacturers. The difference may come from brakes and drivers, but it's all up to the ones who run the series. As for teams - i suggest that they all use one and the same budget as starting point.
Just as you mention it, I drew up a list the other day, but obviously it's pretty similar.

I think the only difference I had was Alx Danielsson, Jamie Green and Will Power on my list (scoured WSR and F3 Euroseries for a few drivers) and not Grosjean, D'Ambrosio or di Resta as I was planning to put them in at a later date due to their relative youth.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Ok so personally i think
replace benoit treluyer with will power
replace jerome d'ambrosio with jamie green
replace di resta with oliver jarvis (2005 british formula renault winner)
keep grosjean (2005 French Formula Renault winner).
The reason i haven't included alx danielsson is because he only came 15th in 2005 for WSR, so at the start of the 2006 season i don't know how much he would have stood out compared to the others.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok so personally i think
> replace benoit treluyer with will power
> replace jerome d'ambrosio with jamie green
> replace di resta with oliver jarvis (2005 british
> formula renault winner)
> keep grosjean (2005 French Formula Renault
> winner).
> The reason i haven't included alx danielsson is
> because he only came 15th in 2005 for WSR, so at
> the start of the 2006 season i don't know how much
> he would have stood out compared to the others.

Agreed, that's all fine.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Okay, first of all I get the feeling that only a very manageable number of people still writes here. Therefore I want to suggest that before we go on here with great plans, we check on who is still into participating in the GP2. So, if all who are interested in this series and already work on setting it back up are fine with it, I would suggest that any manager who is still interested in participating, gives a brief statement here that he/she will keep his/her team IN 10 (TEN) DAYS FROM NOW ON! People who don't give a statement in this period will be excluded.

On the mod: I've just checked it. The version I have includes the team order from the 2005 season of THIS series. That is a good thing already. However, any livery replacement has happened after this. So, any manager who does not want to participate with the original 2005 livery will have to make a new one or use the old re-painted one from this 2005 series. Beware that the car_1 texture needs to be textured for both cars, not car_1 for the actual first car and car_2 for the second car, but car_1 with texture for the first car and again car_1 (with another name) for the second car. Livery changes will take place AFTER the ten day period and liveries will have to be sent to me.

hi
i don't have a team, but am willing to get one (if this counts ^^)
so I'm kind of an interested manager :-p
xSilvermanx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi
> i don't have a team, but am willing to get one (if
> this counts ^^)
> so I'm kind of an interested manager :-p

Don't worry mate, even if all the old managers were to return there would still be two vacancies on the grid, and seeing as you're the next on the F1 waiting list, excluding Dan who doesn't want to manage in GP2, you'll be first in line.

Also by this logic I'd like to put myself forward as an interested party as well :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Okay, that's great. So in case all managers come back we'd have a full grid again. You two are noted, of course. Now let's see what happens with all the others.

So are we carrying on with '05 or waiting for the next season. I ask because I can't do the transfers yet as I am still in charge of Minardi...

No, the series won't start again with '05. We'll definitely start with '06, but will mostly keep team numbers and stuff in the current order.

I wanna be a manager too :-)
DSR Lotus statement

On a special press release DSR Lotus boss, Mr. Deyan Rangelov announced his commitment to the series.
"It's a pitty there were some problems and the series went bankrupt, when the owner misteriously disapeared. However, there were lots of fans and also the series were very competitive, so we believe we should remain in the series for 2006."

With this I'm expressing my desire to take the former DPR team. If possible, I'd like to rename it to DSR Lotus. Reve-san once allowed me to rename the engine manufacturer name to Lotus, but I'm not quite sure if this will be possible.

As for team livery for 2006 - I'd like to know who will be engine manufacturer and tyre/brake suppliers, so that I can put them on the car. So my question is:

How many manufacturers/suppliers will we have?

Also - if possible - can we negotiate team suppliers before submiting liveries. If not - can we at least send update versions of liveries?
I'm still interested. I think I still have the liveries I sent Reve-san, but would be happy with the original racing engineering liveries.
Connor (truecrisis) and me will set up the mod and then hand it to the race director(s). At first I personally would like to see who is still interested in the series. Of course the managers that still are will keep their teams. The new ones can choose the remaining teams in the waiting list order which will be set up when the 10 day limit is over. After this the persons who are going to run the series from there will announce the new rules, engine suppliers, brake suppliers and so on. AFTER this you should have enough time to create and submit your new liveries to me, in case you want to change them. Of course livery updates will also be possible during the season, but for that we'll have to see who will be responsible for the mod then.

@Connor and all who will be interested in the future mod:
You can already download the 2005 GP2 mod for CSM HERE!!! This is the basis for the future mod. Connor and I change files directly in the folders and send them out to you then. For Connor: I'll send you the first update later or tomorrow, including changed team structure (in order of the 2005 season here) and some improvements in TV style.

Still here and staying
I'm staying as manager of coloni... although it was going to change to fisichella motorsports, but I'm not too bothered with the name change.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
As there are ongoing rumours about restarting the series, DSR Lotus wishes to show the progress with the livery for 2006. As you can see there is no more Ferrari logo, and there is no major sponsor on side pods. The team is in process of negotiating with potential sponsors and suppliers, but up to now no contract has been concluded. However, there is a new oil supplier, which is Petrobras. Former supplier - the Bulgarian Prista Oil company, seems not willing to continue the contract for 2006. In a special press release it is said that "these series were postponed during their first season, so we do not believe it is worth staying there with such insecurity. We are not interested in investing into these series anymore, so we are going to supply some teams in WRC and Bulgarian rally championship. However, we wish to thank DSR Lotus for their commitment and we wish them good luck.
Up to now, there is no clue who will drive the new DSR car. Team owner, Mr. Rangelov said "We are in contact with several drivers, but I cannot give you names. I hope everything becomes clear in near future. My desire is to hire 2 European drivers, that can challenge for the title. However, our partners from Petrobras are willing to see South American in the cockpit, so everything is possible. I wish to thank our new GP2 series owners and CEOs for their efforts to revive this championship. Without them our team was practically dead, which means once again the lack of Lotus name in Motorsports, which would be pitty".

And for those that are eager to see some work done on our livery, DSR Lotus are happy to announce how the car is going to look like in 2006*:

* as this is only alpha version, this livery project will not be submited to GP 2 governing body. We wish to work a little more, so that we make much better product.
i'm interested too concerning the manager place
If a spot becomes free and depending on how in-depth I get with organised the perfect of the series (although it shouldn't be a problem), I would be able to take a slot.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy