GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
oensan Owen Edwards
Uh, @danm , the full team? I'm sure there was a clause in my contract about nakedness somewhere...
5 minutes ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
@danm:

I'm definetly in!!!!
cant wait for quallie to begin! =)
So, what can I say? Terrible, horrific, disastrous, all the negative adjectives you can imagine. They all define my performance.
I only want to get to Le Mans ASAP. The best of luck for John and Rodrigo, I know they'll do much better than I did.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Good job by the TSS boys tonight. Great job by Zsigmond, he was unlucky to get pipped at the end there. Ruben wiol hopefully benefit from the extra running time over the next few races.

Sorry if you feel there has been a delay in qualifying, but it was run this morning, im just waiting til tonight to post it ;-).
In all honesty it wasnt the greatest session you are likely to see...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
That was not a good session ... ah well; there still is qualy!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Wow, fantastic job from the VSM testdrivers here. Joseph was quick right from the ctart, Chris could finally geat some clear track in the run that matters most... the last.

Splendid job guys and very impressive, lets hope to see this again in qualy ! (Y)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
GPGSL Round 13 Monaco GP - Qualifying part 1

Hello and welcome back to Round 13 of the GPGSL. We are back in Monaco again today, ready to fill the streets with the noise of 22 engines. After yesterdays free practise where Mills took 1st place with a last gasp lap, his TNR team-mates will be hoping for more of the same, whilst Greenhalgh will be looking to take 2 pole positions in a row. However there are plenty other drivers looking to take that pole too, as its so important here in Monaco! Anyway the green light has come on at the end of the pit-lane, so that means qualifying is under way!

The first man out on the track is new Christel driver Michael Pederson looking to get in some early practise, closely followed by a MAC car.

An early re-iteration of how crucial it is to find some clear space, as Greidanus' pit crew put him right out behind Worseling, that may well cost him some time.

Not sure why i state the obvious everytime, but i will do it once again. Pederson crosses the line first and takes 1st! Surprise surprise...

However Hinz behind him isnt able to take the 1st of him yet, Pederson is still up there for now.

Houston puts them both in their place though with a much much better lap! MPR in first as it stands, and Houston nearly in the 1:13s

Worseling manages to put his car right behind Houston on the grid, but his time isnt particularly close...

Greidanus' lap isnt a completely lost cause from traffic as he manages to stick vaguely close to Worselings time for 4th.

Well not any longer, as Elleker immediately comes across the line and takes the 4th place off of him with a marginally better time.

That is fast, that is a great lap from Greenhalgh! The Aston man puts in a very quick lap to take 1st position on the grid, that will be hard to beat!

Sheppard becomes the 2nd man to break in the 1:13's with a very decent lap to get himself in 2nd place.

Maverick follows suit and slots his car right behind the TNR that ran before him in 3rd.

Jalving is a little way back from those ahead of him though and sits in 7th with that time for MPR.

But thats better than the Snake car of Karjalainen the comes in just after for a 9th place time.

Horvath crosses the line and tries to emulate the antics of his boss, not quite the same success though as he can only get 5th.

Thats better than the Shadow car that crosses the line now though, as Aleksander goes in right behind him for 6th.

But he has now got 7th place as SCR rookie of Thomas has pipped his time to take the 6th place off him.

However drivers are pretty much pushing eachother out of the way scrambling for the decent places, as ART Vilela takes 5th place.

These guys just can't leave eachother alone can they! Its Vilela who is pushed out the way now, as Warrington immediately takes his 5th place.

Thats more like it! Johnson puts in a great lap for VSM to take 3rd as he looks to forget round 12 in a great way.

Cartwright isnt able to match that though and instead chooses to push his team-mate down to take 9th place.

The other VSM now crosses the line, but he doesnt seem to have the performance of Johnson on that lap, unfortuantely only 12th for Kittleson.

Kederer isnt able to do better than that, as his first run out in a Tafuro gives him 13th place only.

The Tafuro's seem to run in pairs at the moment! Not performing the same way though as thats not a great performance for Silvestre at all way down in 20th...

Hunsley completes the first runs as he drives his MAC across the line, and its a middle of the line 11th at the moment.

So with the first runs out the way i guess that means we can provide you with the order at the moment:

Jalving shows the gulf in speed between his current MPR, and the sector that Greenhalgh set in sector 1. And by the end of the lap the gap has opened to a full 7 tenths. Thats even when Jalving improves his time up to a lowly 17th place...

Warrington tries to force himself further up the grid, and succeeds in jumping Houston to take his 5th place.

And thats part 1 done and dusted! It shan't be too long before we are back and ready to show you part 2, but until then, be patient, mull over your strategies for part 2, and in general just wait ;). We will be back soon!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Okay...16th and 18th isn't too bad at the moment...I hope we can climb a bit higher though...

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

GPGSL Round 13 Monaco GP - Qualifying part 2

See told you not long of a wait ;). Anyway the commercial break is over, and we are ready to go back to listening to the sounds of the engines revving up in the streets, or more correctly watching the cars attempt to set the best possible lap to grab the all important pole position, made much more important by the fact that tomorrows race is in the tight streets with little overtaking. Back to the track!

The first man to cross the line in part 2 is Karjalainen, who manages to get himself only up to 18th...

Aleksander has made his way slightly further up the grid, onto the 2nd row currently, with a good 4th place time.

Kittleson however is still struggling to match the antics of his team-mate, as he can only improve to unlucky 13th.

Silvestre isnt really having such a great qualifying thus far, he makes up improvement but its still only up to 19th...

Thats a much better lap from Cartwright though! He has pulled something out the bag and now sits in 2nd!

Elleker is looking much much closer in the 2nd sector than on his previous attempts... (Please ignore those pitmen in the picture ;-))

Worseling is working his Snake car right up to into a decent position for the points, he now sits in 9th place.

Elleker now crosses the line on that better lap... Yup thats a massive improvement as he now sits in 7th.

Jalving crosses the line yet again. This time its him that sits in the unlucky 13th place, he will still want to improve on that though...

With noone else able to improve their time, its back to Jalving again as he is on a mighty fine lap, atleast thats what the second sector says... Yes! Thats is a major jump and Jalving has taken 2nd place off of Cartwright with a great lap!

Greidanus is now on the move after have not a particularly great time so far, he is the mid-way man with an 11th place time.

Karjalainen is still struggling to match the speed of Worseling, he has moved up to 15th place though and thats closer.

Thomas jumps him though and he too is getting closer to the points as he puts his SCR vehicle in 14th place.

We are halfway through the session now and so i guess that means some standings!

Through the fences you can just sneak a peek of Silvestre who has found his first sector time very close to Greenhalghs! In face, his sector 2 is looking significantly better than previous...

Yup thats a drastic improvement on what he's done before and he now has an 8th place slot!

Vilela is clearly struggling with traffic, and that lap of his is miles off of where he would have wanted to be.

Next attempt by Silvestre and he too is now suffering from traffic as his sector 2 time and final lap time is a mere fraction of his earlier great lap.

Kederer is having a generally rough day when compared to his Tafuro team-mate, as he can only improve up to 20th. The session has gone quite slow right now, not many improving...

Ooh dear Houston has locked up slightly and ran just wide coming out of the swimming pool... Infact he's found a barrier and managed to lose a wheel! Lucky for him its qualifying and MPR have plenty of spare cars for him to use!

With no-one improving on their times, or even getting close to their best times, the finally piece of actions comes as Hunsley very nearly repeats exactly what Houston did minutes before, he gets away with a minor bump though, lucky boy! And that means we are done.

Qualifying Official Results:

Text Qualifying Results:
1. Greenhalgh
2. Jalving
3. Cartwright
4. Sheppard
5. Johnson
6. Aleksander
7. Maverick
8. Silvestre
9. Elleker
10. Warrington
11. Houston
12. Greidanus
13. Worseling
14. Vilela
15. Thomas
16. Horvath
17. Karjalainen
18. Hunsley
19. Kittleson
20. Kederer
21. Pederson
22. Hinz

Thats it! Qualifying over!
I guess that makes it congratulations to Ed Greenhalgh of Aston Martin Racing! The lap he set really early on was an absolutely brilliant lap and noone could even get close to it at all. Jalving managed to pull something out of the bag to grab himself 2nd and the complete the front row.

Sorry for what may have seen like a very vague qualifying session, but seriously in the 2nd half, everyone become atleast half a second slower than their best lap, it was a long time a not particularly great laps, pick it up guys! ;)

Anyway i will be back tomorrow to bring you the race session live for Monte carlo race track!
Thank you and goodnight!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Well that was crap.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Well thats a good job by Jack! He's done great to get up there and with his reputation, well he could be on for the win! ;)
Don't want to jinx him though...
As for Michael, its his first competitive go in this car, so whilst 21st isnt what he probably would have wanted, there is some context and im sure he will improve :)

Oh and im sorry if certain people didnt get much coverage (Hinz is one example), but im afraid for example he didnt do any better on every single lap he tried afterwards, so there was nothing to right about. Sorry if that applies to you too.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 12:26AM by truecrysis.
Great work from jack, Michael made a slow start but there is plenty of time...we are already building towards next season.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Very happy with 4th on the grid. However, there is of course the down side to this.... according to team boss Dan Mill's pledge to get naked in Monaco if there is a podium for TNR, several team members were seen placing extra weight into the TNR machine of Sheppard post qualifying - seems NO ONE wants to see Dan naked in Monaco! LOL ;-)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Not that great of a qualifying.. Hopefully a better race for us.

Simply not good enough by myself. Well done Ed

Oh @#$%&!!! =/

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
last position on the grid at monaco. yay!

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Jalving happy with 2nd place

It isnt pole position, but a front row qualifying in Monaco is something special! We all know overtaking in Monaco is difficult.. You have to try to stay away fron the chaos at the start! We might be able to grab first place before the first corner, this is our strategy!

Qualifying wasnt easy today, it was hard to get temperature in the tyres.. We were not sure about the setup. but for it worked for sure! Now we prepare for our racepace and I hope for a podium tomorrow! I can talk about a win already, but after the bad luck we have had: I hope for some good points..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy