GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
Thanks Stefan!

Anyway, I'm back guys - all game to do the next activity check on the 23rd of August 2011. 9PM British Time.

Looks like the activity checks have claimed their first victim ;)

Looking forward to the Monaco GP - will be nice to get some decent running in before the end of the season. :)

@Owen Sat-nav on the blink, I take it? ;)

GPGSL Round 13 Monaco GP - Free Practise Part 1

Hello, and this week we are here in Monaco, to welcome you for Round 13 of the GPGSL season 6! We are the home of the billionaires, completely surrounded by the million pounds worth of yachts to witness 44 cars do battle for 11 teams to see who can come out on top at the end of these 3 days. First up we have the free practise which see the 22 test drivers for the teams compete to see who can the fastest lap in 30 minutes. The officials look just about ready to get this event going, so down to the track we go!

And the first man to put tires on the track this weekend is MAC owner Nathan McGregor in his orange MAC car.

And cars struggling with traffic is already evident, as Worseling, Van Renselaar, Davies, Rodriguez and Tafuro are all in a very very small space of track.

And we go back to the front, so rather unsurprisingly McGregor takes pole position as the only man to actually cross the line... Pole will more than likely be quicker than that though.

Infact he doesn't hold it for very long at all, as the man right behind him takes it straight off him, as De Boer goes marginally faster.

Copeman is his VSM cannot go faster than either of them though, and instead slots at the back in 3rd place.

As does Grant, into 4th place behind everyone, in would looks very much like her last race of this season unfortunately.

Everyones getting into a real habit of just going in behind, as Stokel does the same to take 5th, although he's over half a second back...

The other SCR takes the lead! Thomas pulls out a decent first lap and gets himself very close to 1:13's to take himself the lead!

Edwards goes pretty much half a second behind to take himself 5th place, that's better than the mess he got himself in earlier ;)

Gilson does a very great job on his VSM debut! He puts his car into 2nd place with a good lap.

Steer also does a very great job in his Christel car to get himself into 4th place! But there is still a long way to go yet...

Whereas title contender Somogyi goes for 6th place, not quite 0.5s down, he too will want to have a better go at it.

Mills goes close! a quick lap from the TNR man means that he is the one to sit on 2nd place now.

Ingers can't quite emulate what he had last weekend yet, as he takes 7th place, precisely 0.3 seconds down.

Paddock slots himself in the time sheets right behind Ingers with an 8th place time for MPR.

Greidanus goes 2nd for Shadow! He gets even closer to that top time of Thomas, but cant quite match the SCR time yet.

Oakley can't match the exploits of the drivers before him, and instead puts the yellow Tafuro into 14th place.

Well not anymore, as a carbon copy picture shows us that it is now Legge who owns the 14th place about his team-mate.

Van Smirren now crosses the line in the other Christel and puts himself ahead of both Tafuro's as he has a 10th place.

Worseling does even better than that, as he drives his snake car into a 6th place time, as sits a quarter of a second back.

The rapid fire queue now crosses the line, and at the head of it is Van Renselaar, who grabs himself 11th place.

Followed quickly by Davies, who seems to be going at pretty much to same speed as the ART infront of him, for a 12th place.

Car number 3 in that queue is going slightly slower, and its Rodriguez who can only managed 16th place at nearly half a second down.

Last man to cross the line for the first runs, and its a traffic slowed Tafuro, who goes across the line, only in 21st place in his MPR...

So now with the first runs done, time to give you all a quick viewing of the standings:

The small break at the start gives us time to have a look at some of the sector times as the cars go back on track. Edwards is amazingly close to the time of Thomas in the first sector.

But meanwhile Somogyi sets a much better time, putting Thomas under yet more pressure at the top of the table. Shadow car in 2nd!

Edwards cant seem to translate that quick first sector into a quick lap time, and can only improve his time up to 17th place...

However Ingers is very very close in sector 2, he has a chance at 1st, and if not that then 2nd...Nope enough time has slipped away in the final sector, so he can only grab 6th place.

Legge improves his time to get away from Oakley and move closer too Ingers, right behind him in 7th place.

Tafuro comes through to have another go at setting a time, better than 21st? Yup, 8 places better, the MPR is now in unlucky 13th.

The other Tafuro team driver improves too, not by as much though only up to 15th place.

Van Renselaar showing some of them how its done by getting his ART car up to 5th place.

His team-mate can't match his boss' effort though, and Rodriguez takes the unlucky 13th place off of Tafuro.

Im afraid thats all i can give you for now! We have 20 minutes left in the session, Thomas currently sits in 1st place, and we will be back soon to see if the SCR man can hold off everyone else to claim all the points this afternoon. But until then, you will have to enjoy us flogging you a wide variety of goods. Or just ignore them and do something else whilst you wait ;-)
Be Back Soon!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
oensan Owen Edwards
Having crashed the company car on Wednesday, my bruised buttocks, thanks to those garden steps, is slowing me down. #17thNotGoodEnough
Now

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
oensan Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oensan Owen Edwards
> Having crashed the company car on Wednesday, my
> bruised buttocks, thanks to those garden steps, is
> slowing me down. #17thNotGoodEnough
> Now

Now that's a bad excuse ;) Other drivers can win a race with a broken foot ;-)

racingstefan Wrote:
> oensan Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > oensan Owen Edwards
> > Having crashed the company car on Wednesday, my
> > bruised buttocks, thanks to those garden steps,
> is
> > slowing me down. #17thNotGoodEnough
> > Now
>
> Now that's a bad excuse ;) Other drivers can win a
> race with a broken foot ;-)

Like this unknown guy from NASCAR, Brad Keselowski ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
GPGSL Round 13 Monaco GP - Free Practise Part 2

We are back! We are back in sunny monaco ready for the last twenty minutes of free practise, as 21 other drivers are trying to set a faster time than current leader Daniel Thomas in his SCR. But the adverts have finished and the commentry team are ready, so we can go back to the track!

You rejoin us as Aston Martin man Davies crosses the line and.... 4th place! He too is less than a tenth behind Thomas, the front guys are very very close!

We see Stokel go through sector 1, and he's already over a tenth of a second down, and that will probably only get bigger as the lap goes on...

Also going through sector 1 is De Boer, and it seems there is very little communication in the SCR garage, as he seems a bit too close to Thomas infront...

Somogyi however is much much faster in sector 1! Can he keep this up....

Stokel crosses the line, and does improve his time, but thats only to improve his last place time. Not great for Snake.

The shadow of Somogyi is still faster in sector 2, infact he's over a quarter of a second up! 1 sector to go!

He takes 1st position! He well up, and although he's lost some time in the last sector, that still is a comfortable time for the Shadow man!

Edwards is slowly working his way up the field as he now has found himself up into 13th place. Slowly, ever so slowly improving.

Ingers too is gradually making his way up the field as he sets a faster time to get his Aston car into 5th, good lap.

Copeman not having anything like the success the VSM man would want here, as he can only get 19th place.

The MAC car of Grant is too finding it difficult to make any ground, and only manages to consolidate her 21st place.

Gilson goes 2nd! He may not be incredibly close to Somogyi, but thats still a great lap for the VSM debutant!

Meanwhile further down, Rodriguez is having to constantly improve to even stay close to the points, as he sets a time for 15th place.

Paddock now takes up the reins of the unlucky 13th place. Only half a second down shows how close the field is today.

His team-mate Tafuro does much better though and grabs himself 4th place! Good lap.

Van Smirren not looking at a very high position unlike the drivers in his team, as he can only get his Christel car to 18th.

And that run of his signals that it is now the halfway point of this free practise, so we can give you an update on the standings.

Back to actual action again, and Mills is looking incredibly fast and tidy in this sector, only marginally down with a few bends to go...

Ahead of him though and Stokel is crossing the line to once again improve his 22nd place. A real day to forget.

Mills now crosses the line... Thats 2nd! He lost further time in the last sector, but not enough to put him behind Gilson, TNR in 2nd!

Copeman shows the real problems faced with the drivers today, as traffic has caused him to post a lap a full 2 seconds down on Somogyi.

Greidanus crosses the line to try and match his team-mates effort. Not quite but 6th is a respectable run.

Paddock outshines him on that one though, as he puts himself right up there for 4th place. Taking the position his employee Tafuro took earlier.

Finally! Stokel has managed to get his car off of last place after numerous attempts and now has 19th!

Copeman too is on the move, and a very solid lap to drag himself all the way up to 8th place, very good time to do that.

Edwards finally finds himself, after multiple attempts to do so, into some points paying positions with very little time left...

Greidanus crosses the line for his final possible run and manages to cement the 6th place he had earlier earnt, he will hope he can keep that.

Somogyi is looking quick as he crosses the line... oooh no so close to improving, but not quite! Thats all he can do for today though.

Copeman further improves VSM's day by getting his car even further up from 8th to 7th.

Steer crosses the line in Copemans VSM and... close but no cigar! His last ditch attempt can only muster him 13th place, unlucky right outside the points.

Legge also improves for Tafuro, but also outside the points as he slots in right behind Steer in 14th.

Last man to cross the line is Mills in his TNR, can he shake things up? Yes he can, yes he can indeed! Right at the death of this session, Mills has pulled out a fabulous lap and he's snatched 1st from Somogyi's grasp, great cool driving from the TNR boss!

And with that final showdown i guess we can give you the official standings of this free practise!

Text Official Results:
1. Mills
2. Somogyi
3. Gilson
4. Paddock
5. Thomas
6. Greidanus
7. Copeman
8. Tafuro
9. Davies
10. Ingers
11. Edwards
12. Van Renselaar
13. Steer
14. Legge
15. De Boer
16. Worseling
17. McGregor
18. Rodriguez
19. Van Smirren
20. Stokel
21. Oakley
22. Grant

So congratulations to Dan Mills of True North Racing! Whilst everyone else thought he had settled for 2nd, he went out and did an absolutely great lap right at the death to steal the top spot, great lap and good work by the TNR guys to find him the clean air to run in!

Anyway thats it, all the action done from this weekend's free practise, you can join us tomorrow when we will provide you with full live coverage of the qualifying for the full race event. Sheppard and Horvath will hope to emulate the speed of their boss, but there will be plenty of other drivers who would quite happily take pole for them instead.

We hope to see you then, goodbye!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 01:55AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
Disappointing for AMR really. Hope that's not a sign of things to come

Session 1 up, hope that was ok for you guys ;-). Someone asked for text results i believe? I shoved them on anyway.

Anyway sorry to see Rico struggling with the car here, and my session didnt exactly go sweetly. So close to the points, and to add to my tally would have been great, but i guess thats how my season has been so far. Just got to make the best of the rest of that i can! Good luck to Jack and Michael in the race.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Good work from the Christel testers as always

oensan Owen Edwards
The difference, @racingstefan and @Carlitox , is Brad Keselowski raced on a smooth oval, not the high kerbs of Monaco! Congrats to @danm !
12 minutes ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
JackHammer Wrote:
> Good work from the Christel testers as always

I'll second that...a good solid session which bodes relatively well for the race. Now remember Jack, you need to qualify dead last tomorrow...that way you have a good chance of winning the race ;)

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Not a great performance from the ART guys so far. Hopefully that is not a sign for tomorrow. Rod and me will have to do better than that if we wanna stay in the WTC race for p3.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Awesome job from the boss! Way to get that TNR on top of the sheets!!!! hot

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Congratulations Big Boss! (D)
Good basic setup for the team, hoping to get in the top 6 in qualy!!!
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> JackHammer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Good work from the Christel testers as always
>
>
> I'll second that...a good solid session which
> bodes relatively well for the race. Now remember
> Jack, you need to qualify dead last
> tomorrow...that way you have a good chance of
> winning the race ;)

Got it boss! :P
Gonna be a bit harder to fight through the field at Monaco though

forget about the free practice, lets move on to the qualy and the race

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
3rd place! I'm very happy with that result, especially since I'm in a car that I don't know that well. :-)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
6th place is quite promising.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Quite bad performance by both Alpha cars...

Sensational result, I am shocked! :D

Fantastic work by the gents in the garage, and with a bit of luck, this sets us up for a VERY strong weekend for the big boys.

Now.. as the boss... I vouch that if either of my guys Glen and Norbert finish on the podium I will jump naked into the harbour.

If we so much as win... then that's a naked run around lap of the streets. A Full lap. Full Monty. By the Full team.

TNR Party tonight, we have some very special guests and a very special announcement coming up!

Guimengo Sausage Corp Photographers are hosting this exclusive VIP event.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy