GPG Nations Cup - Season 2 Thread <> Provisional Calendar at Page 1 <> Mod build in progress <> Any interested managers still welcome!

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
An excellent 2nd...shame we couldn't close the gap to 1st.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Dream and disaster are so close together! These transmission problems hurt very much this time, but at least Chris took only 2 points himself. So...still 2 points in the lead, but it makes me really excited that it's so damn close!

By the way, I totally forgot to say that this is a massive coverage! I admit that I haven't looked it up completely after my retirement, but good boy, it's definitely a heck of a coverage! Well done!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 08:12AM by JohnMaverick.
Re: GPG Nations Cup - Round 15 Malaysia Race online
Date: July 14, 2011 09:35PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
terrible, terrible result... spent perf points for nothing...
well, the championship hopes for Team Brazil are all but over... but we still want a good finish position

-------------------------------------------
Ok it is time for round 16 of the GPGNC! Just 2 more to go!

Perfs for this round to be sent to truecrysis, link to a pm is on the name as usual, and the perfs need to be in before 21/7, that is BEFORE thursday the 21st july, any perfs given to me on the thursday or after shall not count!

Thank you and look forward to the round!

Can you please upgrade the perfs table in page 1?

-----------------------------------------------------

yup sorry that has been done :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Indeed! Perfs for team Portugal sent.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry for post here, but... Felipe, there's a PM for you!

About championship, I'll interested to join, soon... what's the procedure?

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Rod_vs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry for post here, but... Felipe, there's a PM
> for you!
>
> About championship, I'll interested to join,
> soon... what's the procedure?

Basically you choose a nation, make them a car/helmet (or get someone to do it for you), pick a driver name then enter.

for the season you have 8500 boost points that you can spend as you want over 17 races, but you can only spend a maximum and 500 in qualifying and 500 in the race, so a maximum of 1000 per weekend.

This season is very close to ending, so not long before a new season and you we will have everything sorted for people to enter :)

Guys, I'm sooooo sorry! But actually, with all my traveling in the last week I totally forgot if I already sent my perfs in for the next round or not! It would be soooooo nice if you could answer me that question ;-)

Nope john you have sent nothing in for this round

Re: GPG Nations Cup - Round 16 China
Date: July 21, 2011 10:53AM
Posted by: GPG_Nations_Cup
Round 16 - China!

The deadline has passed!
Here is the eprf for this round:

** GP3edit - Performance File **

[Team #00]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=1,Japan,17000,0,16000,0
Second Driver=2,SouthAfrica,17400,0,16400,0

[Team #01]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=3,Italy,17300,0,16250,0
Second Driver=4,Montenegro,17200,0,16300,0

[Team #02]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=5,GreatBritain,17000,0,16000,0
Second Driver=6,Netherlands,17000,0,16000,0

[Team #03]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=7,NewZealand,17500,0,16500,0
Second Driver=8,Australia,17400,0,16200,0

[Team #04]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=9,Malaysia,17000,0,16000,0
Second Driver=10,Turkey,17000,0,16000,0

[Team #05]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=11,Greece,17000,0,16000,0
Second Driver=12,Madagascar,17500,0,16500,0

[Team #06]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=14,Ireland,17000,0,16000,0
Second Driver=15,Switzerland,17350,0,16250,0

[Team #07]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=16,Brazil,17300,0,16300,0
Second Driver=17,Belgium,17000,0,16000,0

[Team #08]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=18,Austria,17500,0,16500,0
Second Driver=19,Canada,17000,0,16000,0

[Team #09]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=20,Germany,17000,0,16000,0
Second Driver=21,UnitedStates,17000,0,16000,0

[Team #10]
Name=GPG Nations,Cup
Performance=850,850,1500
First Driver=22,Portugal,17500,0,16184,0
Second Driver=23,Hungary,17000,0,16000,0

Any issues or problems please say asap ;-)

Date: July 22, 2011 01:38PM
Round 16 China - Qualifying part 1!

Hello and welcome back to the GPGNC. This weekend we are in shanghai, in china for round 16 of the championship, the second to last round. Its very tight at the top and so every point makes a difference this weekend, making qualifying that much more important for the competitors. And it looks like we are ready to let battle commence as we head down to the track for the 1 hour qualifying to begin!

And its Stein of Germany who takes the initiative and gets his car out onto the track first.

A lap later and with all the outlaps done, Hunsley of South Africa doesnt look impressed with the speed of Ward's car, and tries to overtake on his flying lap...

That's not gone well for either driver and both lock up and go wide... not really that smart there.

Back to the start/finish line, and the most unsurprising news of the day, Stein has taken 1st place!

Behind him, even with going wide, Hunsley has gone faster and takes the pole away from the german. A full uninterrupted lap could be quick from him...

Ward is trying to find a bit of space behind Hunsley as he comes over the line for 4th? He's a long way down, but that must mean Paddock has gone faster than him...

Paddock has not only gone faster than Ward, he's gone a lot faster than anyone, a clear clear margin to Hunsley!

But his joy is short lived as Zakes behind him immediately snatches the pole away from him, good lap!

Vanthoor is unable to carry on the green run, and slots into 3rd, but he's quite a while away from Paddock in 2nd.

Vukcevic won't let Vanthoor rest though, and he immediately steals the 3rd place away, getting closer to Paddock, half a second away.

Heart does a decent run and slots his car up into 5th place, he will be hoping to add more points to his 1 total.

But Carreiro doesn't enjoy such speed and is nearly a second down, which is rather slow for him...

He's punted down another place now, as Yoshimoto grabs the 6th place above him.

A pattern forming, 7th then 6th then 5th? Razak takes the 5th place to push both guys before him down yet another place.

Nope Xanthis completely breaks the chain and can't beat Razak, instead goes right in behind him for 6th.

Nice pace in the australian car, as McGregor grabs himself a 5th place and a chance for some points at the moment.

Jantsher goes green! He's taken pole away from Zakes by the smallest of margins, but its there!

Oakley leads a queue of cars into the straight as he takes a 12th place. Represents his season really.

Behind him, Tafuro also gets a position that nicely represents his season too, grabbing himself a 4th place and well up.

Half way house for De Boer as he gets himself into 11th place, splitting the field in two.

Not anymore though as Maverick goes really close to his rivals and gets himself a 4th place. Satisfied?

And Urazel takes the place the De Boer just vacated, giving himself the 11th place instead.

Antunis is looking just a little bit racey today, he is into 4th place with a good solid lap. Noone troubling the top 3 though.

Copeman gets himself an absolutely dreadful 16th place. He definately needed something a lot better than that considering his rivals today....

Admittedly its not quite as bad as Horvarth who has a very bad lap and can only manage as 20th place...

With the first runs done, here is a quick standings check, with Jantsher sitting nicely at the top.

Stein is already back out there though, and improves himself up to 16th place. still nowhere near the points...

Buuuut now we have to take a break to show some stunning commercials, as we prepare our commentry team up here for showing you the second part of the coverage, so you will have to wait until then for the second part ;)

Date: July 22, 2011 02:15PM
Round 16 China - Qualifying part 2!

Welcome back welcome back! After showing you some interesting commercials we are ready to give you some much more interesting coverage of the qualifying session in China today. Are commentry team are ready so we guess its time to go back to them!

Thank you thank you, good to be here. You rejoin us as Vukcevic heads very quickly down the straight, and has improved himself very well up into 4th place.

Carreiro shows a bit more of what he is about as he climbs his car up into a good 9th place, looking good for points?

Hunsley finally sets a lap that isn't marred by an incident with another car, and he grabs himself the 4th place from Vukcevic, closing the gap on the top 3.

Vanthoor also improves, and Carreiro goes back down into double figures now as the belgian once again steals his place.

Pole sitter Jantsher crosses the line... Nope no improvement this time round, does that give Paddock or Zakes a way in?

Not yet, as its Ward coming through, and he improves up to 21st place, if you can class that as an improvement?

Maverick shows him how its done as he drives his car up into 6th place with a good quick lap

Oooh thats awefully close for Razak as goes round the first bend and nearly into a just leaving the pits Heart, awefully close!

Zakes has gone faster in the first sector than Jantsher, can he keep that gap...

He's got a bigger gap in sector 2, but its still a gap that can be thrown away very quickly...

He comes across the line... And he's gone quicker! That's pole for Zakes as it stands! Small gap but its enough!

Carreiro still fighting around in midfield as he improves his position up to 10th place.

Paddock shows that he's not out of contention for the pole as he improves his 3rd place, he's still up there.

As Hunsley is still working on closing that gap to the top 3 by improving his 4th place time.

Jantsher takes back pole! He's driving to the line with Yoshimoto all over him, but he's gone fastest!

Ward improves yet again, but its still only up to 21st place, thats pretty dismal.

Everyone has done 2 runs now so heres a quick standings check, most drivers with only 1 run left...

If Heart and Razak was close earlier, then this is way too close! Carreiro and Tafuro are having to fight for the driving line in turn 1/2, that will cost them both surely?

Its Carreiro the man on the flying lap, and hes quite clearly suffering in sector 2 from that incident.

Zakes across the line for his final lap... No no, Zakes can not take pole position!

Carreiro now crosses the line and his lap shows the story of how that went with Tafuro, who may too suffer from it on this lap.

Paddock can still take pole... No but he does has a 2nd place! Zakes is now down in 3rd place, and Jantsher looks dead cert for pole!

McGregor on his final run... Thats a 9th place, he could well grab some points from that position.

Copeman is the last man across the line for this qualifying...no improvement, so Jantsher has pole!

The final standings:

So congratulations to Marko Jantsher of Austria for his pole! It wasnt a straight forward run for him and he had to fight for it, it was a good qualifying session and he did well.

Anyway that sums up the coverage for the qualifying today, it was a great session with lots of fighting for positions!
Thank you and Good bye

Date: July 22, 2011 02:17PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Forgot where i qualified in all that, its amazing how much you forget your own car when RD'ing the race ;)

But 5th place im very pleased with and im hoping that i can grab some solid points from here :)

If the cars finish where they start (no i havent run the race FP2 is on, so im not saying thats what happens ;-)), then 8 cars have a mathematical chance of winning the championship:
Switzerland 53
South Africa 49
USA 48
Brazil 46
Austria 46
Madagascar 45
Belgium 44
Italy 44

Just to demonstrate how close it is, and as its this end of the season, im allowed to do that ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2011 02:25PM by truecrysis.
Brilliant result for the team

Best qualifying of the year

Hope we can finish on the podium

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ah this was always going to be difficult...Hopefully the championship wont fall too far out my grip here.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

This is going to be a big race for us tomorrow. Outside chance if we win
Oh well, could have been worse than 6th. At least Chris (USA) struggled and Italy and Brazil are behind me. I am, however, a bit worried about South Africa and Madagascar. If I can keep my 6th position till the end of the race, that'd be a little step to the championship, at least.

Well...we have a result, we have one retirement, we have a step forward in the championship, and we could well have one team wanted to sack their driver, and thats all i shall give away for now ;-)
But you can't have the result til sunday, my pc is not available til then ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy