GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
Fantastic final race for TSS! Really great job by both Alex Marko and Ed, thanks loads for both of your efforts this season. I'm sorry we couldn't take any titles this season but I hope you both enjoyed your seasons.

Thanks also to jack and riven in the testing team plus of course Ben. You've all once again proved that TSS have the strongest test driver programme in the league.

Good luck to Ed going into next season who leaves TSS after literally years of dedication. Thanks to a really top bloke, Ruben has a lot to live up to.

Thanks to all the GPGSL team for another great season , I know better than most how much time and effort it takes and it is hugely appreciated.

Finally a huge congrats to Nick and Aston Martin this season. We weren't consistent enough to beat you this time but will be chasing next time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 11:27PM by brunoboi.
erm, Alex?;)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
folks

PLEASE DONT SEND TRACKS VOTING TO ME AND DONT SEND IT YET ANYWAY!
IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED WHERE AND WHEN TO SEND
I thanky you;)

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
@Paolo & Rico: Come on guys! I know a lot of this is tongue in cheek and very good humoured, but it can be very tiresome too. Could you reign it in a little bit please, because unlike Nick, we still have to read through it ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 11:23PM by Stoopid.
BAR#10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> erm, Alex?;)

Lmao sorry dude!!!! Was chatting to my mate Alex as I was writing that :-P this is probably a bad time to message you about next season lol...

You are absolutely right, Paolo should shut up a little more.

And I... I... i'll try... :p

Stoopid Schreef:
> @Paolo & Rico: Come on guys! I know a lot of this
> is tongue in cheek and very good humoured, but it
> can be very tiresome too. Could you reign it in a
> little bit please, because unlike Nick, we still
> have to read through it ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Wrote:
> You are absolutely right, Paolo should shut up a
> little more.
>
> And I... I... i'll try... :p
>
> Stoopid Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @Paolo & Rico: Come on guys! I know a lot of
> this
> > is tongue in cheek and very good humoured, but
> it
> > can be very tiresome too. Could you reign it in
> a
> > little bit please, because unlike Nick, we
> still
> > have to read through it ;)

if I shut up ppl won't know that you haven't the balls to say that on msn.I asked you to stop our public discussion,damn bastard of a Rico;)reply on msn now,i don't want to be banned for you;)

My GPGSL Career
brunoboi Wrote:
> BAR#10 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > erm, Alex?;)
>
>
> Lmao sorry dude!!!! Was chatting to my mate Alex
> as I was writing that :-P this is probably a bad
> time to message you about next season lol...

no probs, I am Aleksander as well
and John M. that's Aleksander;)

GPGSL career;
luckily this summer i will stay at sea.Three months without Rico!;)

btw i will make my best to ignore him on public;-);)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 11:48PM by senna9194.
I would like to know from the race directors we had this season what setting has been used for the 'opposition spread', and/or whether what the effect is on the teams.

Basically there are three options:
- 2001 levels
- All the same
- Random

IMO it's possible the teams on the first slots, Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, are having a slight advantage over a team on the slot like Minardi, Prost for the option '2001 levels'.
All the same, i think the slots are judged the same and this would be where performance files comes in.
Random, well - thats just a lottery I guess ..

Maybe someone who knows more details about the options? Maybe prove my thoughts wrong? I do NOT know what these options do exactly, thats what I'm trying to find out/work with.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
That's an interesting suggestion. It makes me wonder, i too want a clarifcation :p

MDBSnake Schreef:
> I would like to know from the race directors we
> had this season what setting has been used for the
> 'opposition spread', and/or whether what the
> effect is on the teams.
>
> Basically there are three options:
> - 2001 levels
> - All the same
> - Random
>
> IMO it's possible the teams on the first slots,
> Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, are having a slight
> advantage over a team on the slot like Minardi,
> Prost for the option '2001 levels'.
> All the same, i think the slots are judged the
> same and this would be where performance files
> comes in.
> Random, well - thats just a lottery I guess ..
>
> Maybe someone who knows more details about the
> options? Maybe prove my thoughts wrong? I do NOT
> know what these options do exactly, thats what I'm
> trying to find out/work with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
i think
2001 is where perfs come in or at least i hope as we have always used that;)

all the same means all cars have exact same pace, literally a queue race even with original game

otherwise as perf and slots itself there is still a mystery how gp4 calculates everything to me anyway
i can guess or estimate but cant be sure

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 11:58PM by BAR#10.
"Is this love, is this love, is this love that they're feeling...?" ;););)

About season 6, please: Sepang and Interlagos!!! And I'd like to see a fictional track, like Thermalitto (FIN)!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
BAR#10 schrieb:
> i think
> 2001 is where perfs come in or at least i hope as
> we have always used that;)
>
> all the same means all cars have exact same pace,
> literally a queue race even with original game

that's what i thought, too. standard gp4 punishes slower teams with slow pitstops, but that's sorted by gp4 tweaker in our case. so 2001 levels should be fine

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Yeh i race direct elsewhere and i use 2001 levels, random would change some cars to better/worse, all the same would make everyone the same, 2001 accounts for the 2001 levels which the perf file overwrites. The only thing that the perf file doesn't account for is pit stops, which is easily dealt with in the tweaker, although i must say easily forgotten as well ;). Everything else is in the perf file, driver performance, car power, reliability etc. And of course you guys don't have to deal with 2 "teams" sharing a pit crew/garage/slot, that one changes a few things in the GPGNC strategy wise.

just my unlearned knowledge of this ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 12:16AM by truecrysis.
GPGSL races are always set to 2001 levels as this is where the perfs control how fast each car and driver is. All the same is as exactly as it says, not much point us using it really. Random, demotes the top teams and promotes other teams, always the same teams in my experience.

Pitstops are controlled in the tweaker folder and are all the same (this was picked up back in season 2 I believe).

Driver perfs have a variance value which is set to 600 at the beginning of the season, however if that variance was set to 0 GP4 still has a certain bit of randomness written in so that there is a bit of variety, which I do feel favours the top teams.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
aaaah man... :( Already the off season bores the crap out of me... :P

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Christel not bing 'silly' over Season 6 Expectations

This morning Christel VXR boss Chris Copeman said that suggestions about his team being able to aim for podium finishes next year were 'hugely ambitious'. Copeman said, "whilst it would be nice to aim for such things we have to look at how new teams cope when they come into this series. Our objectives will be updated on a race to race basis. I can tell you that our first objective for race one of season 6 is simply to get both cars to the finish of the race. Once we have done that then we can move on; sure if we score points, or better, along the way then brilliant, but this first year is a learning year for us all."

Copeman said that the team would launch its first car, the CVXR01, within the next few weeks and that the final touches to the launch were being put into place.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Where are the final season standings? Or did i miss them?

"If in doubt, Flat out."
no,you didn't miss them

My GPGSL Career
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy