GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
Blue Flame Motorsport would like to congratulate Jack on getting a drive in the main game.

We hope he gets the results that he deserves and as boss of MAC Racing next season,
I will be closly following his results as he is a likely contender for one of those seats.

At the moment, it looks as though it will be Jack Hunsley, Glen Sheppard and myself in
the team but there is still time for candidates to apply as there is still one seat left and
it is not sorted as to who will be testing and who will be racing.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Just for the record, did the GPGSL recognize the driver switch at Snake Motorsports? Or will I have to send a message by PM?

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
It was noted Maikel, but could everyone send a pm confirming their driver changes to the GPGSL account please. The perfs will probably be delayed because of the driver changes, also the mods will need a bit of tweeking too :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
@ Dan Mills

Can you empty your mailbox please?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Just sent the changes to the GPGSL account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
So, do we know who runs the race?

I am running Free Practice , Chris (n00binio) is running qualy and race.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 12:40PM by BAR#10.
NEWSCHANNEL:

ALEKSANDER UPBEAT ABOUT TITLE CHANCES DESPITE BAD LUCK REAPPEARING IN MONTREAL

Few days after the pitlane drama at Canadian GP which saw the Slovenian drop from 2nd prior to unscheduled stops to 17th place afterwards, he still believes the championship is not over even he now is in 4th place and has a 15 pts gap to the championship leader
"Far from it,"said Team Shadow driver," with lots of potential rainy weather in the last third of the season anything is possible. 15 points is nothing considering there are still 102 up for grabs in the drivers champiosnhip. Don't get me wrong, it won't be easy and we'll need to have lady luck riding on our shoulders. It's sort of hard to comprehend that I scored 63 points in the first 6 races and only 13 in the last five[. I think I held the lead after 7 non consecutive rounds, and now I am at second lowest rank of my season./color]."
Aleksander however said that apart from missing Q3 in Assen, he hasn't underperformed, just had lots of bad luck.
"If you look at first four laps in Canada, you can see that we were capable of podium. It was mayhem in the pitlane however and I was released and then crashed into. I realize I was in someone's way, but I stopped as I saw another car coming. Little did I know that it would be the team from following garage. "
Not having good pits experience in Hockenheim as well when TSS drivers were called in at the same time, and car lacked pace in Monza race, which was due to tyre temperature, before he got punted off track. "Stuff happens.You defend, cars are following closely due to slipstream levels and it happened to me before too. As for pace, maybe I was a little burnt out, who knows. Oh well."

Despite the abysmall points tally in last 5 rounds, he is upbeat about the remainer of the season. "Well, we have our chance. i initially expected a tough season as third garage (eg third slot on the perf) hasn't been too kind to any team that had it. Now, Dubai will be an interesting round not to mention Adelaide. Things can turn around quickly. By Indy we'll know more about realistic odds. But we have got a good car , Greidanus and Johnson are doing a heck of a job in testing for TSS and the feedback I get is really of high value.I think Constructors is more than within reach. Surely the misfortunes must end some day," he laughed and when asked about season 6 he waved his hand " Look, I always decide just before the end of the season. If I am to continue, re-signing with TSS is on top of the priority list. Frankly, after the season 3 finale it was hard to gather the motivation and carry on. I know that I still got what it takes to win the drivers championship, altough even that is based on the team. You can't win it in a weak car. This season is a real contrast of last one's, as there is no domination from any team. It's always changing,SCR is on top of the WCC though it looked it's going to be between Aston Martin and TSS & van der Voort and myself at first. I am now behind and need to plug in my specialty - the comebacks. It is make or break time. We 've got our work cut out for us. At the team we came up with plan B soon after Monza, now it's time for Plan C - me thinks.(laughs) And that's C for Comeback."

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 01:00PM by BAR#10.
@Marko, I hope you'll finally clinch it. You deserve it. Not just because youve driven for VSM but because you do a lot for the series aswell :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Thanks Rico. Though I think the league's work doesn't make me deserve it.
I mean this in the nicest way.:-)

GPGSL career;
BAR#10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Rico. Though I think the league's work
> doesn't make me deserve it.
> I mean this in the nicest way.:-)

you would deserve it just because you've been the runner up for last 2 seasons and because you lost the s3 title at last race against Oakley really unluckily ;)

My GPGSL Career
senna9194 Wrote:
> BAR#10 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks Rico. Though I think the league's work
> > doesn't make me deserve it.
> > I mean this in the nicest way.:-)
>
>
> you would deserve it just because you've been the
> runner up for last 2 seasons and because you lost
> the s3 title at last race against Oakley really
> unluckily ;)

That's like saying Damon Hill deserved to win his title in 1996 because he was 1 point behind Michael Schumacher in 1994.

Sadly, some people (Rubens Barrichello, David Coulthard) are perennial nearly-men. I'm sure quite a few people thought those two drivers deserved to win F1 titles - but they never did (and RB's case, probably never will :( )

When it comes right down to it, if Marko does win this season's championship, he will have truly deserved it - he has proven that consistently he is a world class performer on the GPGSL stage.
If someone else wins it, they will have deserved it too - as they proved that they could hold it together for a season.

Good luck, Marko - but I have no intention of giving up on the chance for a debut title for your sake ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 02:33PM by Diax F1.
Diax F1 Wrote:
> senna9194 Wrote:
> -----
> > BAR#10 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Thanks Rico. Though I think the league's work
> > > doesn't make me deserve it.
> > > I mean this in the nicest way.:-)
> >
> >
> > you would deserve it just because you've been
> the
> > runner up for last 2 seasons and because you
> lost
> > the s3 title at last race against Oakley really
> > unluckily ;)
>
> That's like saying Damon Hill deserved to win his
> title in 1996 because he was 1 point behind
> Michael Schumacher in 1994.
>
> Sadly, some people (Rubens Barrichello, David
> Coulthard) are perennial nearly-men. I'm sure
> quite a few people thought those two drivers
> deserved to win F1 titles - but they never did
> (and RB's case, probably never will :( )
>
> When it comes right down to it, if Marko does win
> this season's championship, he will have truly
> deserved it - he has proven that consistently he
> is a world class performer on the GPGSL stage.
> If someone else wins it, they will have deserved
> it too - as they proved that they could hold it
> together for a season.
>
> Good luck, Marko - but I have no intention of
> giving up on a debut title for your sake ;)

i didn't want to say that nobody else deserves it.i've no preference there.i just added the fact that he finished 2nd twice into last two seasons to what Rico said.

My GPGSL Career
senna9194 Wrote:
> Diax F1 Wrote:
> -----
> > senna9194 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > BAR#10 Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Thanks Rico. Though I think the league's
> work
> > > > doesn't make me deserve it.
> > > > I mean this in the nicest way.:-)
> > >
> > >
> > > you would deserve it just because you've been
> > the
> > > runner up for last 2 seasons and because you
> > lost
> > > the s3 title at last race against Oakley
> really
> > > unluckily ;)
> >
> > That's like saying Damon Hill deserved to win
> his
> > title in 1996 because he was 1 point behind
> > Michael Schumacher in 1994.
> >
> > Sadly, some people (Rubens Barrichello, David
> > Coulthard) are perennial nearly-men. I'm sure
> > quite a few people thought those two drivers
> > deserved to win F1 titles - but they never did
> > (and RB's case, probably never will :( )
> >
> > When it comes right down to it, if Marko does
> win
> > this season's championship, he will have truly
> > deserved it - he has proven that consistently
> he
> > is a world class performer on the GPGSL stage.
> > If someone else wins it, they will have
> deserved
> > it too - as they proved that they could hold it
> > together for a season.
> >
> > Good luck, Marko - but I have no intention of
> > giving up on a debut title for your sake ;)
>
>
> i didn't want to say that nobody else deserves
> it.i've no preference there.i just added the fact
> that he finished 2nd twice into last two seasons
> to what Rico said.

And that I agree with - being in the title race, I would very much like to win it (call my last comments a bit of mind games, if you would). However, as I stated, whoever wins the title fully deserves it - for they proved over a season that they have beaten the rest of the field. I stand by that notion regardless of whether the title goes to Nick, Marko, Matt or myself (mathematically, quite a few drivers are still left, but I honestly feel it's down to those 4).
diaxf1
That's like saying Damon Hill deserved to win his title in 1996 because he was 1 point behind Michael Schumacher in 1994.

Have you seen season 3 finale? I was on route to win the title, 14 laps prior to the end being in 3rd place of that race, which would secure me the title, before I got arguably screwed out.
Someone who still had to make a stop, while I already mine defended my overtake in the rain, though it was most likely slipstream levels that cause the tangle..

In other words, driver infront had nothing to gain by defending his position before we got into a tangle as he would have lost it in the next lap anyway heading to the pits. That's what Paolo is reffering too.
I don't believe in deserving anyway and that was my point in previous point, whoever plays this game best and is luckiest deserves it. It is AI racing afterall. I cant recall DC vs MS but season 3 GPGSL finale was unlucky for me , it is all. Not cause I couldn't have had it.

diaxf1
Sadly, some people (Rubens Barrichello, David Coulthard) are perennial nearly-men. I'm sure quite a few people thought those two drivers deserved to win F1 titles - but they never did (and RB's case, probably never will :( )

Unlike DC or RB I always beat my team mates. Only exception in team mate rivalry was Phil in s1, BUT in that season 1, I won three races while he none. I had an engine failure and crash not caused by me stopping me, also it was only ten rounds championship. I was the first to say Phil deserved it cause the points decide and he was on podium all the time, but I didn't lose it due to not being not good enough, which DC and RB comparison hints.Phil and me were on same level and it could have gone either way.
Talking about ability (DC, RB)I even managed to take the lead of the wdc after round 15 of season 4 despite rivals Velox having by far the most dominant car that year.
So the comparison to DC or RB is off mark.
diax f1
When it comes right down to it, if Marko does win this season's championship, he will have truly deserved it - he has proven that consistently he is a world class performer on the GPGSL stage.
If someone else wins it, they will have deserved it too - as they proved that they could hold it together for a season.

Agreed on deserving part. I have already proven consistency however. I also scored the most points in all time GPGSL tally. 513 and most in the last 3 seasons so far (yes I realize Phils isnt driving this season, but I also drove for the weakest team in s2).

season 1-5 so far
1 Marko Aleksander 513
2 Philip Oakley 487
3 Matt Houston 477
4 Ed Greenhalgh 472
5 Nick van der Voort 464

When it comes to wins I am currently second to Matt only (10wins v 9 wins)

diaxf1
Good luck, Marko - but I have no intention of giving up on a debut title for your sake ;)

I wouldn't want it any other way.

GPGSL career;

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 06:28PM by BAR#10.
@Dean, You know i like you aswell ;):P

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Also I'd like to emphasize again , it is AI racing*, but it is still fun debating;)

*altough a bit strategic with boost , but still AI racing

GPGSL career;
BAR#10 Wrote:
> Also I'd like to emphasize again , it is AI
> racing*, but it is still fun debating;)
>
> *altough a bit strategic with boost , but still AI
> racing

I would say a great AI racing

Marko Aleksander
Unlike DC or RB I always beat my team mates. Only exception in team mate rivalry was Phil in s1, BUT in that season 1, I won three races while he none. I had an engine failure and crash not caused by me stopping me, also it was only ten rounds championship. I was the first to say Phil deserved it cause the points decide and he was on podium all the time, but I didn't lose it due to not being not good enough, which DC and RB comparison hints.Phil and me were on same level and it could have gone either way.
Talking about ability (DC, RB)I even managed to take the lead of the wdc after round 15 of season 4 despite rivals Velox having by far the most dominant car that year.
So the comparison to DC or RB is off mark.

Fair remark on that one. The more logical example for your situation would probably be Kimi Raikkonen (pre-2007) - he was world class in terms of ability but had crap luck with reliability.

Marko Aleksander
Also I'd like to emphasize again , it is AI racing*, but it is still fun debating ;)

It brings the community together, in my opinion. Quite frankly, stories and side-plots to the main racing appear most seasons (such as Tafuro and Van Smirren's rivalry this season and close title fights). Without those stories, this league would be nothing more than 22 cars going around a track really quickly - and be soulless in terms of the community spirit.

Debate and jokey snipes cause disagreement and rivalry, but it's certainly better than having no debates and jokey snipes at all. :)

Gianluigi Silvestre
I would say great AI racing

Fixed. ;)

You got the message about the song used for the GPGSL Opening Theme, I presume?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 03:35PM by Diax F1.
agreed, Gigi, my point was that we arent driving but AI :-)
yes agreed I miss those rivalries, friedly banter in the thread, Dean.

GPGSL career;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy