GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
BAR#10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MAC racing is in s6, Dean.

I thought you were. You are taking Gaulty's spot aren't you(IED)? Or is there a spot for Christel next season, awesome if so!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

BAR#10 Wrote:
> MAC racing is in s6, Dean.

Of course it is. The fact is that Philip Oakley (owner of Blue Flame) is likely to be banned for inactivity in the near future - thus needing a new team to enter the team in response. This would be MAC Racing in Season 6, am I wrong?

Italian English Dynamics are selling up/leaving the sport at the end of the season. Thus, in my logic, Christel VXR would take IED's place in the GPGSL.
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> BAR#10 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > MAC racing is in s6, Dean.
>
> I thought you were. You are taking Gaulty's spot
> aren't you(IED)? Or is there a spot for Christel
> next season, awesome if so!

No no, Nathan (macca) is the owner of MAC racing

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 11:19PM by BAR#10.
Yeah I think you are right, in that case double yay! A taste of what it is like to be a race driver before becoming a team boss. Fingers crossed. Of course I shall await official confirmation from the GPGSL before doing anything more on the Christel VXR front.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Just have to say Randy has been sacked

But Matt had made an appearance and I think its unfair that he has been punished with a 20 point perf reduction

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Diax F1 Wrote:
> BAR#10 Wrote:
> -----
> > MAC racing is in s6, Dean.
>
> Of course it is. The fact is that Philip Oakley
> (owner of Blue Flame) is likely to be banned for
> inactivity in the near future - thus needing a new
> team to enter the team in response. This would be
> MAC Racing in Season 6, am I wrong?
>
> Italian English Dynamics are selling up/leaving
> the sport at the end of the season. Thus, in my
> logic, Christel VXR would take IED's place in the
> GPGSL.

Yes I overlooked that possibilty.
But the fact is that he is not banned.
If I understand the rules correctly (i didnt make them) all he (like anyone else) has to do is post and be active.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Just have to say Randy has been sacked
>
> But Matt had made an appearance and I think its
> unfair that he has been punished with a 20 point
> perf reduction

The activity check was performed on the 25th of December and penalties would have been in effect for the Montreal race had the performance files not already been unveiled to the public.

Besides, the simple fact was that Matt didn't post - it's part of the rules, Dan. If you think about it as well, if activity checks had been going on like they should have been, Matt would have been given a forced retirement from the series for the remainder of the season.

It's only a perf penalty. Without sounding condescending, be glad that it's nothing more.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 11:51PM by Diax F1.
BAR#10 Wrote:
> Diax F1 Wrote:
> -----
> > BAR#10 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > MAC racing is in s6, Dean.
> >
> > Of course it is. The fact is that Philip Oakley
> > (owner of Blue Flame) is likely to be banned
> for
> > inactivity in the near future - thus needing a
> new
> > team to enter the team in response. This would
> be
> > MAC Racing in Season 6, am I wrong?
> >
> > Italian English Dynamics are selling up/leaving
> > the sport at the end of the season. Thus, in my
> > logic, Christel VXR would take IED's place in
> the
> > GPGSL.
>
> Yes I overlooked that possibilty.
> But the fact is that he is not banned.
> If I understand the rules correctly (i didnt make
> them) all he (like anyone else) has to do is post
> and be active.

That is a fair point - the question is whether Oakley will post and be active in the future. If nothing else, it'd be best to leave that little situation regarding Blue Flame and their ownership until the end of the season - then a decision can be made in retrospect of the previous season.

EDIT: Just checked the rules in regards to what would happen. Ownership is passed along to the 1st driver in the event of a team boss receiving a third warning - which would be Christopher Hinz in Blue Flame's situation (though they've already worked out their situation already, whereupon Nathan McGregor is owner for the time being).

GPGSL Rules
d) ... At the close of S3, the team slot will be allocated to the next person on the team waiting list.

By that logic, Phillip has until the next activity check to be 'active'. Then he will be removed as team owner and Christel VXR will be given the place for S6.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 11:55PM by Diax F1.
Thats exactly how it should work, tranfser the owner rights at the end of the season, so the drivers of the team where the boss got banned wont be able to become screwed because of that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Wrote:
> Thats exactly how it should work, tranfser the
> owner rights at the end of the season, so the
> drivers of the team where the boss got banned wont
> be able to become screwed because of that.

Something tells me the transfer of ownership would have happened a long time ago had the activity checks been going. It's only the fact that it wasn't done for months that screwed over Blue Flame's drivers. :(
If Blue Flame does loose its spot for s6, as the first team on the list does that mean I get to chooses which team I want to buy?

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Wow a lot has been going on. I hope you all had a good christmas and cracking new years celebrations. It is nice to get back to winning ways in montreal. Hopefully i can finish off this testers championship
Macca25 Wrote:
> If Blue Flame does loose its spot for s6, as the
> first team on the list does that mean I get to
> chooses which team I want to buy?

You could negotiate with Ryan to 'buy' IED as a few of us did at the end of last season. If you do that and Ryan states you have bought the team, you will receive any team bhp that IED would have got. If he decides to just retire the team as Monil did with DXR you will have to start next season on the base perf of 780,800 as Snake Motorsports had to do. In Blue Flame's case you can't negotiate with Philip if he loses team ownership.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> Macca25 Wrote:
> -----
> > If Blue Flame does loose its spot for s6, as
> the
> > first team on the list does that mean I get to
> > chooses which team I want to buy?
>
>
> You could negotiate with Ryan to 'buy' IED as a
> few of us did at the end of last season. If you do
> that and Ryan states you have bought the team, you
> will receive any team bhp that IED would have got.
> If he decides to just retire the team as Monil did
> with DXR you will have to start next season on the
> base perf of 780,800 as Snake Motorsports had to
> do. In Blue Flame's case you can't negotiate with
> Philip if he loses team ownership.

Thanks, I understand that, what I ment was, do I get to chose which ever teams I want.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Technically you'll get the first available team. Since both teams would 'lose ownership' at the end of the season, you would get first draft. In that case you can choose, however if it's definite that 2 teams are going to be out and replaced, the second party on the waiting list also gets the right to 'negotiate' with the current owners who are losing/putting their team on the market.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
So when a teamowner gets banned, you cant take over the BHP of the old team? Am I right?
The owner must confirm by posting that he sells his team?

I think its best to let the teams go at the end of the season. The new teams also have time for the paint job etc..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
GPGSL Announcement

Without pre-empting the bans and perf penalties for the recent activity checks, the GPGSL will now clarify the team ownership situation.

If a team owner is removed from the current series by the GPGSL for an activity failure: The team ownership will be immediately transferred to the Number 1 Race Driver for the remainder of the season.

All decisions for the team will be taken over by the Number 1 Race Driver for the remainder of the current season.

At the close of the season, the team and all assets will be wound up and removed from the series. The GPGSL will close all drivers contracts.
The vacant team slot will then be handed to the next team on the new season wait list.

The new team will then commence the next season with standard BHP performance engines.

The teams drivers: Race and Test Drivers are free to negotiate new contracts as the GPGSL will declare all of the removed team contracts null and void at the close of the current season.

The GPGSL stipulates that preference should be given to the removed teams drivers (race and testers) to transfer to the new team taking over the grid slot for the new season.

The GPGSL will continue to run the current testers series Season 5 with a depleted field, Numbers 1 or 2 Race Drivers will fill the vacant seats without points according to the current rules.
Current team owners that have had test drivers removed due to activity failure and wish to select a preferential driver for the remainder of the season in the vacant test seat must notify the GPGSL of their preferred race driver. Failure to notify the GPGSL of a preference will result in the GPGSL allocating the Number 1 driver to the test seat.

The GPGSL notes the transfer of Chris Copeman (Test driver Southern Cross Racing) to Number 1 Race Driver Van Smirren Motorsports.

Southern Cross Racing Press Release

SCR management today released their Number 1 Test Driver Chris Copeman to Van Smirren Motorsports.
The team thanks Chris for his outstanding efforts as a tester, providing valuable feedback to the team mechanics and race drivers.
SCR wishes Chris Copeman good luck as a race driver and the SCR team looks forward to competing against him on track.

SCR announces a re-shuffle driver line-up for the remainder of Season 5.

Number 2 test driver Michael Pederson moves to the first test driver seat. Race driver Dean Kittleson will fill the number 2 test seat for the remainder of season 5 or until SCR discovers new talent and takes on a new test driver.

End of Press Release.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Another top tester makes the move to VSM

John Maverick will make his racing debut when he will replace Rick Groeneboer at VanSmirren Motorsports.
John comes on a loan basis of the Aston Marting Racing team where he will remain under contract for S6.

"I am glad to have been able and sign two very active new members for the team for at least the remainder of the season. Both Chris and John have much potential and i beleive they must be able to change the year a bit and score a lot more points. I would like to thank Stuart Ingers for loaning out John Maverick. And look forward to Dubai now!"

John Maverick had the following to say:

"I feel proud to be a part of VSM. I ever liked this team since I entered the series. Rico van Smirren is a great personality in here and it's an honor that he asked me to drive in his team. I'm just said that "Subways" isn't main sponsor anymore. I already hoped for some free sandwiches. Anyway, I hope that Chris and I can bring the season to a better end than it started. I know I have a chance here and I'll use it. I also want to thank Stu Ingers who freed me of my testers contract for the rest of the season to enable me to drive for VSM."

Both Rick Groeneboer and Keeley Grant are jobless now.
New team:

VSM #1 Racedriver: Chris Copeman.
VSM #2 Racedriver: John Maverick.
VSM #1 Testdriver: Ricardo van Smirren.
VSM #2 Testdriver: Kevin Schroeder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Press release John Maverick

I want to thank Rico again for this great opportunity. I feel very proud to be part of VSM for the rest of the season.
Although I hope to drive for points, for sure, I also want to use this chance to wish all the best to Nick and Adam. I really hope that Nick will be able to gain more race wins to win the championship at the end. And Adam, for you I hope that luck turns to you from now on.
Apart from that, I need to correct Mr. Van Smirren. It is true, that my contract with VSM will only run for the rest of the season and it is true as well, that AMR and myself have a kind of pre-contract for S6. But that does not mean that I won't consider offers from other teams at all. And now let's go to Dubai and get this damn car on the track :) "

An updated version of my helmet will receive you tomorrow at the latest. To whom do I have to send it? That was you Ruben, wasn't it?

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2011 01:02PM by JohnMaverick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy