GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
Copeman targetting points on first outing

Speaking ahead of his race debut for VanSmirren motorsports, former SCR test driver Chris Copeman was keen to make his intentions as a race driver known. "As I said before, this moves presents a great opportunity for me, and I don't want to waste it. I think with the setup here at VanSmirren there is the potential to do great things, I would like to think that we could be challenging for points straight away. I will go to the next round looking to be competitive from the word go."

Copeman also spoke briefly about his own Christel VXR team and said only that "things are going well, sponsorship deals have been signed and the initial wind tunnel work has produced promising results, overall the project is coming together nicely and we hope to be able to enter the series sooner rather than later"

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

adamdavies_8 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think though that it should be higher for the
> race drivers on all fronts as surley in reality
> you earn more experience racing in a series than
> in the feeder series for example its surley better
> to be in F1 even at a lower team than in GP2.

I never did understand the perf system for the GPGSL - and from what I'm hearing now, it makes more sense. However, by all means, it's silly - to say that a person earns 1 perf point for finishing 12th in the test series and a person earns the same amount for finishing 12th in races makes no sense.

How many 2010 test drivers in Formula 1 could you honestly say were better than the 2010 race drivers that occupied those seats in F1 (in general, not just for each specific team)? Can't say there are very many - hence why quite a few F1 teams take future race drivers from GP2 rather than from testing (we all know what happened when Badoer went into racing for a few races ;) ).
Well, it's also partly your own fault, since at the end of every season we ask people to PM us ideas and the grand total of five seasons of asking was 4 (four) PMs ;)
bar#10
long story short, so that drivers can build on their perf and be more competitive when debuting or reentering racing

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Nickv Wrote:
> Well, it's also partly your own fault, since at
> the end of every season we ask people to PM us
> ideas and the grand total of five seasons of
> asking was 4 (four) PMs ;)

News to me ;)
Diax F1 Wrote:

> I never did understand the perf system for the
> GPGSL - and from what I'm hearing now, it makes
> more sense. However, by all means, it's silly - to
> say that a person earns 1 perf point for finishing
> 12th in the test series and a person earns the
> same amount for finishing 12th in races makes no
> sense.
>
> How many 2010 test drivers in Formula 1 could you
> honestly say were better than the 2010 race
> drivers that occupied those seats in F1 (in
> general, not just for each specific team)? Can't
> say there are very many - hence why quite a few F1
> teams take future race drivers from GP2 rather
> than from testing (we all know what happened when
> Badoer went into racing for a few races ;) ).

Exactly and a tester only does one season where as a racer does two and only receives a small perf benifit for this.
adamdavies_8 Wrote:
> Diax F1 Wrote:
>
> > I never did understand the perf system for the
> > GPGSL - and from what I'm hearing now, it makes
> > more sense. However, by all means, it's silly -
> to
> > say that a person earns 1 perf point for
> finishing
> > 12th in the test series and a person earns the
> > same amount for finishing 12th in races makes
> no
> > sense.
> >
> > How many 2010 test drivers in Formula 1 could
> you
> > honestly say were better than the 2010 race
> > drivers that occupied those seats in F1 (in
> > general, not just for each specific team)?
> Can't
> > say there are very many - hence why quite a few
> F1
> > teams take future race drivers from GP2 rather
> > than from testing (we all know what happened
> when
> > Badoer went into racing for a few races ;) ).
>
>
> Exactly and a tester only does one season where as
> a racer does two and only receives a small perf
> benifit for this.

Yep.

Right, I think it's best to drop this subject and be preparing for the next race. As with all motorsports, rule changes would most likely occur in the off-season (I doubt the GPGSL would change perf rules suddenly). As such, after the next six races, I think that there should be a seperate thread with ideas in regards to changing of the rules for Season 6 - which can then be discussed before any changes are implemented.

That sound fair to everyone?
Aston Martin Racing Announcement

Aston Martin are very pleased to announce that former WDC John Warrington has signed as race driver for season 6 of the GPGSL.

Team principal Stuart Ingers had this to say:

"John has been doing some great driving for Aston Martin in the test series, getting experience with the team and learning our car inside out, we just had to reward him with a race seat for season 6. With Nick van der Voort retiring at the end of the season possibly as champion, we just had to find a fitting replacement. What better way than with a former champion like John Warrington."

A quote from John himself:

"I am absolutely delighted to be moving up to a race seat at Aston Martin Racing. Other teams have made me offers but there was only one place I truly wanted to be. I have been working my hardest in the practice sessions in order to gain a promotion within the team and I'm glad that my hard work has paid off. I'd like to thank Stu for giving me this opportunity and I hope to be challenging for the GPGSL title in Season 6."

Stuart couldn't confirm who would be John's team mate, "I have several options at the moment, I will announce something in due course"

AMR would also like to announce that Stuart Ingers would be replacing John Maverick in the test team for the rest of the season.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Congratulations John, good to see you'll be back on the starting grid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
> Yep.
>
> Right, I think it's best to drop this subject and
> be preparing for the next race. As with all
> motorsports, rule changes would most likely occur
> in the off-season (I doubt the GPGSL would change
> perf rules suddenly). As such, after the next six
> races, I think that there should be a seperate
> thread with ideas in regards to changing of the
> rules for Season 6 - which can then be discussed
> before any changes are implemented.
>
> That sound fair to everyone?

Tis fine by me, it was just something I wanted to clarify.
Congrats to John moving to an Aston Racing seat next year.
Anyone else in need of Team userbars?

Btw, is it an idea for Season 6 to put in the rules that every member of a team needs a userbar?

1. Its so much easyer when people post to see their role/team etc

2. We can make standard userbars, gpg sl logo on left, role on the right car on the back. Good advert for our series.

3. Indeed for WDC and/or WCC a userbar.. as a prize..

Let me know your feedback!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
im here, didnt realise my box was full?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
True North Racing seat on the cards

That's right kids, the no.2 drive is up for grabs - place your bets now!

End of Statement

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Charrel Wrote:
> Anyone else in need of Team userbars?
>
> Btw, is it an idea for Season 6 to put in the
> rules that every member of a team needs a
> userbar?
>
> 1. Its so much easyer when people post to see
> their role/team etc
>
> 2. We can make standard userbars, gpg sl logo on
> left, role on the right car on the back. Good
> advert for our series.
>
> 3. Indeed for WDC and/or WCC a userbar.. as a
> prize..
>
> Let me know your feedback!

Sounds good to me but i can't seem to get an image to work in my sig!?!
mod and track are up and running, i'm ready guys (Y)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
adamdavies_8 Wrote:
> Charrel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anyone else in need of Team userbars?
> >
> > Btw, is it an idea for Season 6 to put in the
> > rules that every member of a team needs a
> > userbar?
> >
> > 1. Its so much easyer when people post to see
> > their role/team etc
> >
> > 2. We can make standard userbars, gpg sl logo
> on
> > left, role on the right car on the back. Good
> > advert for our series.
> >
> > 3. Indeed for WDC and/or WCC a userbar.. as a
> > prize..
> >
> > Let me know your feedback!
>
>
> Sounds good to me but i can't seem to get an image
> to work in my sig!?!

This sounds like a really good idea but I can't get an image to work either. Is there special code we have to use or what? I have tried pretty much everything I can think of, even uploading the image and linking it from an blogger account I have.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

GPGSL Announcement

The GPGSL endorses the idea of a WDC and WCC userbar as the official GPGSL Trophy. Submissions can be sent to the GPGSL (Trophy Userbar).
The GPGSL will select from the entries for the current season and award the trophies after official results for the season have been posted.

GPGSL Team Membership
The current GPGSL Team: Marko (tracks, rules, race director, GPGTV.org admin), Stu (performance, rules, race director), Nathan (official results), Maikel, (mod car shapes, boost tables), Mal (announcements, rules, race director), Ruben (mod builds and updates).

The GPGSL requires one new team member to take on the task of activity checks. These checks are to be done every event cycle. Results of the activity check and any resultant penalties are to be publicly posted in thread using the GPGSL account.

Season 5 Round 12 Dubai Announcement.

Due to the number of driver changes and extra work to be done on the performance XL file and the current versions of the GPGSL mods the event will be delayed until further notice. The GPGSL regrets any delay to the calendar however given the circumstances we have little choice.
The delay will also allow team owners some additional time in order to complete any livery changes should they wish to do so.

Thanks for your time gentlemen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 10:10PM by mortal.
mod and track are up and running, I'm ready guys (Y)

Thanks for that, but the perfs might take a bit longer than we thought, they have to be 100% GREEN before the GPGSL posts them. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
no worries, i wont run the race without perfs ;-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy