GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
Boost Announcement

Deadline for team and Driver boost for the next round in Dubai will expire 8pm GMT Thursday 6th January 2011.

Activity Checks

As was previously mentioned in this thread, an activity check was made on 25th December 2010. Because the Montreal Perfs had already been published, retrospective penalties would be issued after the Canadian GP. Here are the penalties the race stewards have decided to give based on the xmas activity check:

Last posted - Penalty

Over 3 months - Banned
Over 2 months - 40 point perf penalty
Over 1 month - 20 point perf penalty

The effected drivers and their team bosses will be informed of their penalties and the Dubai perfs will be published on Thursday or Friday.

Activity checks will then be performed on a 10 day cycle starting 10 days from now, 14th January 2011, thats 20 days since the last check on 25th December, plenty of time for members to post. Anyone not posting in that time period will receive penalties as per the GPGSL rules i.e. anyone on a 40 point penalty will be banned, anyone on a 20 point penalty will be increased to 40 points, anyone else will be on a 20 point penalty.

All this could result in some race drivers being removed from the main series by their team bosses and replaced by test drivers. This may result in the test series being suspended, but we are sure you will agree that the viability of the main series is far more important.

"All this could result in some race drivers being removed from the main series by their team bosses and replaced by test drivers. This may result in the test series being suspended, but we are sure you will agree that the viability of the main series is far more important."

I do understand this completely and I am glad action has been taken. I also understand that there is very little else that could be done Its just a bit of a shame that some of the testers might have to miss out altogether because some of the race drivers couldn't be bothered anymore.

Mind you, on the positive side, I suppose MAC Racing moving into the series next year puts Christel VXR at the top of the waiting list. ;);)

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

If you go back a fewf pages and check the post on activity that was done on Christmas Day 2010, you can see the possible outcomes for teams and drivers. All will be revealed when the Dubai perfs are posted.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
GPGSL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Boost Announcement
>
> Deadline for team and Driver boost for the next
> round in Dubai will expire 8pm GMT Thursday 6th
> January 2011.
>
> Activity Checks
>
> As was previously mentioned in this thread, an
> activity check was made on 25th December 2010.
> Because the Montreal Perfs had already been
> published, retrospective penalties would be issued
> after the Canadian GP. Here are the penalties the
> race stewards have decided to give based on the
> xmas activity check:
>
> Last posted - Penalty
>
> Over 3 months - Banned
> Over 2 months - 40 point perf penalty
> Over 1 month - 20 point perf penalty
>
> The effected drivers and their team bosses will be
> informed of their penalties and the Dubai perfs
> will be published on Thursday or Friday.
>
> Activity checks will then be performed on a 10 day
> cycle starting 10 days from now, 14th January
> 2011, thats 20 days since the last check on 25th
> December, plenty of time for members to post.
> Anyone not posting in that time period will
> receive penalties as per the GPGSL rules i.e.
> anyone on a 40 point penalty will be banned,
> anyone on a 20 point penalty will be increased to
> 40 points, anyone else will be on a 20 point
> penalty.
>
> All this could result in some race drivers being
> removed from the main series by their team bosses
> and replaced by test drivers. This may result in
> the test series being suspended, but we are sure
> you will agree that the viability of the main
> series is far more important.

I'd be gutted if that happened, given the fact I'm a tester in a team with two active race drivers. I do agree that the main series is more important though :-o

JohnWarrington Wrote:
> I'd be gutted if that happened, given the fact I'm
> a tester in a team with two active race drivers.
> I do agree that the main series is more important
> though :-o

Same here, but obviously main series is more important.

If this came about could the test series still not be run with a depleted field? I suppose as long as its not too depleted it would still be worth it. Tester points don't count for a team so there would be no unfair advantage to whether your team had two or not.

There's a lot of bullshit going on, i cant find 2 drivers out of nowhere...

Every interested driver message me A.S.A.P. I need 2 new race drivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> If this came about could the test series still not
> be run with a depleted field? I suppose as long as
> its not too depleted it would still be worth it.
> Tester points don't count for a team so there
> would be no unfair advantage to whether your team
> had two or not.

We have run the test series with less than 22 drivers in the past, in fact this is the first season we have had a full field :) We could consider running a reduced field but with less points awarded I suppose i.e. 11 drivers would mean half points.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Penalties have been issued. They will be announced when the Dubai Perfs are posted.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
No, you cant change pts system during the season, option is to put race drivers into testing like in previous seasons (with no pts awarded to race drivers ofc):-)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 10:13PM by BAR#10.
Rico Wrote:
> There's a lot of bullshit going on, i cant find 2
> drivers out of nowhere...
>
> Every interested driver message me A.S.A.P. I need
> 2 new race drivers.

I'm sure there are plenty of test drivers itching to get in a race seat mate.

Good to hear! Penalties for the inactive.. Its not so hard to make a few minutes per week to read and post!

Power to the acvtive people! ;)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
You're probarly right, i'm sorry, i'm in a bad mood, i also say POWER TO THE ACTIVE PEOPLE (Y)

Stoopid Schreef:
> Rico Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There's a lot of bullshit going on, i cant find
> 2
> > drivers out of nowhere...
> >
> > Every interested driver message me A.S.A.P. I
> need
> > 2 new race drivers.
>
>
> I'm sure there are plenty of test drivers itching
> to get in a race seat mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Snake Motorsports, press release

Due to recent events, a change at the team of Snake Motorsports has been made, Andrew Fuh will no longer be the teams first driver. Due to inactivity he is for now sacked to second testdriver, current second testdriver Nick Worseling will fill in his position as first race driver.
For next race that will mean Nick Worseling will drive alongside of Tommi Karjalainen. For now Andrew Fuh remains within the team, however if more inactivity persists he will be dropped.

Next to the driver change, Maikel de Boer has said to devote more time in his team and the GPGSL. He said, quote: "Lately my attention had been a little away from this race series, I have even failed to participate correctly in the GPGSLRS team. But I'm getting more focused again on the racing and the league and will get my team up in the ranks!"

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Snake Motorsports, Canada report

With an eventful race in Canada we still failed to take advantage of it, the only positive thing was that both cars made it to the finish. Despite the action of Andrew trying to overtake his teammate were this was absolutely not possible. We are waiting to strike back at next race, collecting a few points trying to get off that 11th spot!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
VanSmirren Motorsports signs Chris Copeman.

Chris Copeman (Current SCR testdriver) will take over the driving duties of Keeley Grant as one of our new race drivers.
"Forced by bans we had to look for new drivers. Chris Copeman message me immediately and I am VERY happy to welcome him to the team.
We hope we can announce our 2nd new race driver later this day, we are waiting for a response. POWER TO THE ACTIVE !"

Chris Copeman had the following to say:

"I am thrilled to have this opportunity and will be doing my best to help propel Van Smirren Motorsports forward. I look forward to a long and successful partnership."

Once more, welcome Chris.

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Well, Chris, congratulations! I'm sure Mal will allow you to leave our team, and I wish you luck for the rest of the season.

Need I remind you though, that you won't be a race driver for too long - seeing as how Ryan Gault is selling up/leaving at the ending of the season, your Christel VXR team will be a part of Season 6. :)
I've message Mal, i hope he understands that we had to act quick :)
The deal is for the remainder of the season so it will probarly work out perfect :)

Diax F1 Schreef:
> Well, Chris, congratulations! I'm sure Mal will
> allow you to leave our team, and I wish you luck
> for the rest of the season.
>
> Need I remind you though, that you won't be a race
> driver for too long - seeing as how Ryan Gault is
> selling up/leaving at the ending of the season,
> your Christel VXR team will be a part of Season 6.
> :)

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Diax F1 Wrote:

> Need I remind you though, that you won't be a race
> driver for too long - seeing as how Ryan Gault is
> selling up/leaving at the ending of the season,
> your Christel VXR team will be a part of Season 6.
> :)

I didn't know this, I knew Ryan Gault was leaving but I thought that MAC racing was taking this spot, are they not? I have only signed until the end of the season with VanSmirren anyway, I just coudn't resist the opportunity of a race seat. I have PM'd Mal.

MAC racing is in s6, Dean.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy