GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
a nice solid 10th place, but i didnt take my final run???

-----------------------------------
edit :nevermind i dunno the poll results

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 05:19PM by BAR#10.
Yeah, I must have read it wrong. :-) That looks like being in for S6. Boost for drivers will probably go to 6 and it looks like you and Nick will hammer out the final perf details. Most of that is way over my head. I think something good has come out of all of this anyway. It's got everyone talking and coming up with ideas which is a good thing.

Missed your final run....that's GP4 for you, you just never know sometimes what's going to happen. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I must have read it wrong. :-) That looks
> like being in for S6. Boost for drivers will
> probably go to 6
and it looks like you and Nick
> will hammer out the final perf details. Most of
> that is way over my head. I think something good
> has come out of all of this anyway. It's got
> everyone talking and coming up with ideas which is
> a good thing.
>
> Missed your final run....that's GP4 for you, you
> just never know sometimes what's going to happen.
> :-)

would be great:-)

My GPGSL Career
I'd agree with a team owner ban from driving

Tom and Ryan have shown that you can be involved as a team owner while not driving, and I wouldn't mind stepping down if It would free a test place at my team

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
wait a minute people voted for removal of team boost for 2 extra drivers??
I want another poll.
Does team boost stay or not?
separate poll deciding the faith of team boost.
without team boost this is a ...

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 05:41PM by BAR#10.
We should have both IMO. 6 drivers boost and team boost.
ofcourse,i agreed to that, 6 drivers and 40 team boost.
and game on!

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 05:40PM by BAR#10.
No one voted for any boost removal, all votes were NO except for team owners driving. Even the helmet change got voted out, which is probably a good thing as it saves Maikel a lot of work. :-)
I think we can safely say that we'll make some sort of official announcement soon for the S6 changes we've decided on and put it on P1 as well for the record. Did divide by 6 for BHP make it in?
As the poll is still open till next week although almost everyone has voted, discussions are still open if anyone has anything to add. It's late here and I'm off. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Mal, next season is Season 5 :P
mortal
No one voted for any boost removal, all votes were NO except for team owners driving.

that's a relief;)

GPGSL career;
Having read all the stuff about resets and perf caps, but wouldn't it be better just to have top drivers gain less perf points?

Something like this maby? Yes, that would cap the perf, but you go towards it at such a slot rate that it's unlikely to reach the cap.

And then also use something like this to keep the BHP under control.

bhp is under control already imo, we reduced it from 840 to 830 engine cap since s3.
with 40 bhp boost you'll be able to rock and roll all season long(H)

looks like mod is fine after reinstall, still have to update overlays and stuff, will report later.
if all ok, qualy is on this evening

GPGSL career;
for crying out loud, now it says insert CD-ROM, despite using CSM:(

GPGSL career;
MDBSnake schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like how it's going atm. Great to see everyone
> chipping in!
> This is my list what I think could be effective in
> total
>
> - Team owners can only get to be testing. Not
> racing while owning a team
> - Teams will have a solid BHP throughout the
> season
> - More team boost, since BHP will be 'frozen',
> strategy will only be off a larger role
> - Reduce gap to a lower amount for drivers at the
> start of the season
> - 6 drivers boosts

1. Regarding the point, that team owners won't - most probably - race anymore, I again want to bring up my proposal, that drivers are only allowed to RACE for 5 seasons, which wasn't discussed at all, yet.
In combination that would mean, that driver's - after they raced for 5 seasons - can either become a team-owner of their own team or enter the series again with driver perfs that are leveled down to standard starter perfs.
That would additionally mix up both the driver market and the teams in the series and therefore bring some adjustment itself. If somebody stays in the team owner role for a long time, he has the chance create a top team. But if he wants to race again, his team falls out of the series and others have the chance to reach a top level. The series would balance and refresh itself - for a certain amount at least.
In addition to that, this brings everybody the same chance to profile in these 5 years of racing (again, test driver time is excluded in my proposal) and then gives somebody else the chance to profile as well.
Exactly that is the way it functions in every real race series, people just can't drive forever. Even Nikki Lauda, Alain Prost and Michael Schumacher had/will have to go sometime.

2. I think as well that freezing the BHPs isn't a very good option. Nick told the reason, in this case there will even be much less interested for driver changes. But I like the ideas of giving a bit more team boost in general and in second factually level the team's BHP by giving the smaller teams so much more boost as they have less BHP in the starter perfs. This increases the strategic aspects and gives any team the chance to catch up by having a better strategy than another team.

3. Reducing the driver's gap wouldn't even be necessary in combination with my proposal in point 1. But albeit, it's IMO another good possibility to level the field a bit without taking away too much advantage from the top drivers, especially if there'll be 6 instead of 4 driver boosts, what raises the strategic aspect again.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 07:44PM by JohnMaverick.
So team owners won't be able to drive in S5? This my last chance to win the world championship then :P

Go away Nick, I'll win this one :D

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
good news no crash druring race (3laps with old perf i did)
and can get resuts, only when i accelarate it demand cd drive

i'll take a chance and run qualy later.
if 75 percent of session isnt ended someone takes over, otherwise results stand.

johnmaverick

come back with a new driver? drivers have one identity in gpgsl.

GPGSL career;
> johnmaverick
>
> come back with a new driver? drivers have one
> identity in gpgsl.

Sorry, I suppose that was a bit unclear. I meant them to be leveled down to standard starter perf for new drivers or - what's also fine for me - a bit above standard starter perf to honor their achievements.

/edit: Made that clear in previous post as well

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 07:43PM by JohnMaverick.
i am one of those who are reaching season 5.
and being forced into retitrement based on longevity isnt the nicest feeling.;)
i assume your rule would be applied retroactively?
i think 7 guys are there since day one, who wouldnt compete in s6, and for s7 further i dunno how many.
wouldnt you rather beat us to get the torch passed to you?:p

GPGSL career;
I love what MDB wrote - the sort of changes that make it exciting!

I agree that team bosses shouldn't be anywhere else but their own team - they can be just a boss - or - either a main or a test driver. But only for their own team.

Having a solid BHP all year, and then having drivers decide when they will perform better makes it more personal, and much more active, just as the boosts do now. With more driver boost options, this is even better. At the moment, the boosts do work well - but it generally makes the faster teams much further ahead; and the slower teams just make it midway and catch up.

More boosts and an even starting platform will be very fun. It really will be anyones game, and there would be more of a tactical nature and gamble in how the races are approached.

It will also give people peaks and troughs in performances all through the season, more evident than what we see now.

I just had an idea - the static engine BHP could be enhanced. Why not have, in the performances, two or three types of engine values.

Say there are 18 races - teams must use engine A (highest bhp) on 6 races, engine B (medium bhp) on 6 races and engine C (low bhp) on 6 races.

That would be an easy way for managers or even the drivers themselves to add engine and team performance variation in the same style as boosts for drivers.

They'd choose a driver performance, and then select their engine.

I'd say it would be for the manager to choose - get them more involved - and it would establish that some teams may be quicker on some tracks, and others not. It would mean both, not just one driver, be quicker as a team. Just like the McLarens in Sepang etc.

In which case - you get an extended number of posibilities.

TN Racing using Engine B (medium bhp) and both drivers using a lot of boosts.

Phoenix Racing using Engine A (highest bhp) but using no driver boosts.

Both might perform the same in this example - but as the season unfolds, you end up with teams using all sorts more tactical choices.

Sure, it might be a pain updating the bhps, but when you are just picking one of A,B or C preset values, and adding the boost, it is quite simple I think.

But it would certainly increase the essence of strategy, which thus improves activity here. You really would need to plan each race, and would not afford to simply read the threads every 4 weeks.

My 2 francs.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy