GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
I was reffering to the reset of perfs option and potential removal of the team boost system.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Aah yes, I know you don't agree with those options Marko, and I'd like to see the team boost retained. I'm for a perf reset, I think it could mix up the game somewhat. It would level the playing field I think, a re-start from scratch for everyone, and the previous championship numbers would be retained of course.
However, it is not really wise for me to make public my agenda, and what I would like to see for the series. :-) I am supposed to be impartial, especially as I have a team on the waiting list and I drive in the series. It is better for me to let everyone else decide, from the choices that we have made available, or from the choices that we have yet to make available as they come to light.
That is the position of the GPGSL, we should make our decisions based on the majority ruling if we decide that it is good for the series based on everyone's input. fe. We may get a 100% vote on team owners not driving, and that vote could see teams withdraw if implemented, but we still have to put the vote out as it promotes discussion on a related issue, getting test drivers into the main series and or actively involving the test drivers on another level.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
the problem was that you put "we feel" as if entire GPGSLRS, while that wasn't the case, so I presented my separate oppinion about "same drivers will dominate" part.

also my post is partially a belated reply to one of Danm's posts while I was away.
In the end it was me who made the boost system/driver continuity formula as it stands today, so it's expected I will defend it with arguments.

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
I have changed the reference to 'some of us'.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
YEH BABY!!!
(H)
I have voted in the poll :)

I do not think you need to change how everything goes. Maybe you just need the top 22 drivers to be "drafted" by the teams in the gpg. Maybe doing this means any seasoned racing drivers need to start with a higher perf than the testers so they have to earn their way into the top 22. I would love to help out, as a novice of the way to mod gp4 i cannot help drastically but i would love to chip in anyway i can. I am determined to learn and i have the whole summer once i finished uni to pick up all the bits andpieces to help in any way i can :)
Don't get me wrong, the current way the performances work is just fine. It just need to be reset to make other people have as much of a chance every few seasons.

The problem I feel, is that if you were in it from day one or earlier, you will forever reap the rewards until the game is done.

Unless a top driver goes to a new, low perf team. Which doesn't happen.

As it stands, is it any wonder the likes of Matt Houston gets on the podium lol. Or another TSS front grid lockout?

Apart from those ahead from the beginning, will always have that edge, and no matter amount of team boosts or driver boost combos the odds are highly against them working at the right time to come close, let alone overriding higher ranked drivers and teams.

Just my view. It gets a little boring when the same old people are up front, and the same old people finishing back end. Knowing we pretty much won't finish very high, unless there is an attrition or wet race, which balances things much more.

I am not saying do it frequently, but we are going into season 5 now. It is time we did an F1 style new rules shakeup, team perf wise, not drivers.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
BAR#10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > We feel if we don't make some changes, the same
> teams and the same drivers will continue to
> dominate the series, and we would like to see
> everyone have a fair go. We know that some of the
> changes, if voted in would not be popular with
> some of you, however if an option is clearly voted
> in by the majority, the final say on
> implementation still remains with the GPGSL. At
> this stage, we are gathering information on public
> opinion. So there is no need to worry that the
> poll is set in stone, it is not.
>
>
> no offense, mate, but I have to disagree here, I
> dont feel that way at all. EDIT: reffering to the
> reset question
> i think with boost system this is a strategic
> competitive game to an extent so any result is
> ok.
> also differences in starter perf are very small.
>
> and need i remind all that Warrington was champion
> and VSM WCC, while MPR was last in season 1.
> sorry john and vsm.:-)
> but making a point that top perf does not
> necessarily you bring you up.
>
>
> s4
> 1.difference between Houston's and Horvath's perf
> was 25 points with 600 range.
> 2. difference between TNR and Velox was 2 bhp.
>
> that's starter perf. 24 bhp of boost was given to
> all teams, and 4x50 to drivers.
>
> smaller/midfield teams could try to sign better
> drivers. that's a first step.
> however it seems GP4 chooses one of these close
> perfs and gives it the edge anyway.tss didnt have
> best perf in s2, velox neither in s4.
> if this was a no boost system i dare say mpr
> wouldnt be able to catch up. we did it with our
> strategy and luck.
> /driver
>
> as for s5
> i'd thought of giving even more boost (40 bhp) so
> that any advanatge GP4 gives through races can be
> caught and even perhaps divide the scored points
> by more than 4 so less bhp can be gained during
> race to race.
> than it'd be even more strategic and less edge.
> But best strategists will always adapt.
>
> obviously you need a combo of strategy and luck
> that gp4 grants you and ofcourse good starter perf
> does not hurt, but it is not as essential as
> before.
>
> also with our driver continuity formula i'd give
> those who havent been from start a bonus for
> missed seasons.
>
> f.e. bolscher drove for 3 seasons out of 4, so i'd
> calculate his average from this three seasons and
> add those points for the missed season to his
> starter total.
>
> i thought of a set different drivers boost as well
> from 80 to 30(not set of 4x50) points too..
>
> I can't imagine this game without the team boost
> though.

That was because I left TSS who have been on top since season 2

If team owners couldn't drive or had to drive for their own team it would certainly shake things up a bit. TSS would need to new drivers as both of our current drivers (me and Ed) are both team owners (Phoenix and Alpha). I suppose TSS would use the testers, would again would shake things up a bit. Also, if I had to drive for Phoenix, my team, what would one driver do? Both of our drivers are happy at Phoenix AFAIK.

Interesting questions though.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
msater Wrote:
> If team owners couldn't drive or had to drive for
> their own team it would certainly shake things up
> a bit.

+1

.... and voted!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2010 10:00AM by nhorry.
Well, regarding the poll-results at the moment, there's not much that would become changed. And I see the point that the "old" drivers and teams don't want their advantage to get lost, what is pretty natural.
But it isn't very realistic and annoying for others that don't get the chance to become a race-driver at all. As far as I heard until now, there are testers in the series that didn't drive one race at all even though they joined the series in the first season already.
That's why I also think that some changes would be necessary. Mal therefore pointed one good situation out: If the Team Owners would use the driver market and also give testers a chance from time to time, all these changes wouldn't be necessary. But as most of them don't do, there have to be other ways - in my opinion - to make the series a bit more open to anybody

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Voted......

I'm going to have a think before i put my comments hat into the ring!

And don't worry Nick I forgot to send my boost in to!
@johnwarrington, not so simple. your new team Double F did not use any boost in first 7 rounds of season 3 IIRC, which's most definetely taken its toe.

@danm, I went to the lowest perf team. and due to combo of all things, it's now on top.

in season 1 we had a base perf,all the same, what happened?

1. MINARDI 177
2.DOUBLE F 112

two guys won seven races out of 10 rounds.
and back then no boost.

so having a base perf doesnt neceserally mean same three guys wont be on top within season

GPGSL career;
nhorry Wrote:
> msater Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If team owners couldn't drive or had to drive
> for
> > their own team it would certainly shake things
> up
> > a bit.
>
> +1
>
> .... and voted!

ofcourse a team owner that wanted to still race would have to decide between racing or owning a team.

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2010 02:13PM by BAR#10.
I'm happy to see so many people have voted so far. Some changes are pretty radical, yes, but as said, the outcomes aren't binding. We just want to see what direction we should go to.
I am just saying the current system is fine.

But after nearly 4 seasons, can't we reset it like it was in the beginning, the same as it has gone on so far, so some new people see their names doing well for a change.

Current system is fine, just repetitive people.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I agree with my teamboss ;)
but why not use a cut-off system?

I'll explain:

New drivers: 16020,600,16050,600
experience drivers like Philip: 16080,600,16110,600

So we set a cut off, like this:
Cut-Off: 16050,600,16080,600

every driver with skills above the cut-off will get the points of the cut-off

so Philip his performance will be reset to 16050,600,16080,600 at the end of the season

that way experienced drivers will still have an advantage, but it would not be impossible for new drivers to get good results

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
I like the cut off idea...it rewards people who stay committed but gives new people a chance as well
I'm not really in favour of a reset, because that's only a short term solution. After a certain amount of time you'll end up again with the same people winning all the time. I'd say we should make sure the starter perfs are closer together. The difference between Philips perf and the base perf was 60 points at the start of this season. We could bring that down to 45 or even 30. The same goes for the teams.
danm, maybe it is time to start fresh, so yeah.

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2010 03:06PM by BAR#10.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy