GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
concearning guest RDs: for the next 3 months i have an incredible amount of real life work to do but during the summer months (july, august, september) i'd be happy to host a race or even more.

@ the whole perf stuff/boost discussion: when i have some spare time (summer...) i plan to do some calculations on the effects of boosts and perf points on the performances of a driver/team. might be too late for s5 though.

on the test driver/race driver discussion:
- the gpgsl should not be able to force a team to replace a race driver with a tester. such a regulation will cause more problems than it solves.
- a relegation system is only acceptable for s6 with a perf reset before s5. equal chances for
everybody, a relegation system for the s5 lineup would benefit certain drivers and disadvantage others
- there is NO fair solution.
- no matter what we decide, we will either lose some of the current testers or some of the current race drivers

in general: keep it simple. many people made suggestions but some of these are too complicated or result in too much work. better think twice before you hit the post button.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I do not want to force team owners into picking their drivers for each year. It is a team owners choice i guess if we want to push test drivers in we take that away from them.I didnt like the budget idea that much it was just i was thinking of how when you pick a fantasy team you could not have ferrari schumacher and hakkinen.
Right.....I've read through the last lot of posts. I'll say now it is unlikely we will force out drivers to bring in test drivers, and also unlikely we will force team owners out of a race seat, however it would be better to have team owners in a test seat although that would not be popular either. The GPGSL does not want to be harsh about anything, and I for one agree that if it ain't broke don't fix it. But, and there's always a but, we do need to make some changes, to address the domination problem we are now seeing and to try and bring in test drivers, to get some sort of rotation happening or something like it. The end of season draft proposal is a good one, bottom teams having the opportunity of first pick of the testers is a great idea. Budgets are a no go area for this league, we would not introduce that.
Capping the perfs already exists for teams, and the idea of resetting teams only at the start of every season and reducing the gap from top driver to base perf to lower than the current 60 at S5 start would be acceptable to a lot of participants I think. Nobody really knows whether or not it will mix the results up a bit, give some other teams a go at the top of the heap, and GP4 decides that as it's all just a game at the end of the day.

I understand that no race driver is in a hurry to give up his seat, and team owners would be reluctant to push out a race driver in favour of a test driver, although it has happened on a few occasions. There lies the problem of how to involve the test drivers on a race level, and so far we have not come up with a viable solution that would please everyone. I have suggested that we run feature races for the test drivers, qualy and race, and only the test drivers would earn points, as the race drivers would earn points when they race the usual round.

I knew full well that some of the poll questions would not be popular, but I see that they have done their job by promoting discussion and a lot of you are doing the right thing and getting involved and having your say. That's what it's all about, it is your series, the GPGSL run it as best we can, and as you know, we had to tweak the rules as we went along in S1 and S2, now we are up for S6 and to keep it interesting for everyone we have to tweak it again. If we did nothing, and the same three teams dominate again, and the same test drivers stay where they are, people will drop out, it will become predictable, and nobody wants that.
Running the races, posting the coverage and the results, doing the perfs and the champ tables every week is only part of it for the GPGSL, in some ways that is the easy part. The hard part is keeping it going, keeping the interest up and making it a worthwhile effort for everyone.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I'm still active :)

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Sheeesh! :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
GPGSL Round 11 Dubai GP UAE Free Practice

Weather Report
As predicted, dry as an Arab's sandshoe. No stray camels sighted on the track.

Welcome to GPGTV.org's coverage of the free practice session at Dubai. The race weekend was officially opened this morning by His Royal Highness Sheik Ali-Mucktar Falafel. Sheik Falafel was accompanied by his three wives Pita, Hummous and Baba-Ganoush. Rumours they go well together are totally unfounded.

The Race Director has declared the session GREEN.

Nathan McGregor driving for Phoenix is first out onto the track.

Dean Kittleson debuts for Lucky 7.

Onboard with Vilela.

Standings after first runs. Somogyi fastest.

End of the session. Final results.

We'll be back later with the qualifying. Stay tuned to GPGTV.org/farked. Don't go back, we'll be right away. :-)

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Yaaaay TSS 1-2! :) Phoenix...meh :(

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Fantastic result by the Shadows, providing a perfect setup for the race drivers.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Not bad from me
Using my old helmet though :(

Old helmet? You have a new one? Better send it to me, I'll make sure it gets in.

5th and 7th. Decent result that, you two have done quite well the last few races

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Damn, 13. isn't what I hoped for. But it seemed that both Adam and myself didn't get the tires working very good. Well, regarding the fact that if Velox's FP was pretty good the qualifying was a crap, I hope that it turns around this time and Nick and Matt will be able to do a better job.

@Mal: I don't know which helmet I had, but it definitely wasn't mine (which was in the V6 Mod right). That's no drama, but maybe something got mixed up there

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
another forgettable session a worrying pattern is beginning to emerge
Nice Raymond, testing poitns in youre 2nd outing already. Congratz, Natural talent ;) Im a bit dissapointed and Worried about the pace of the VSM. However i knew John and Charrel drove with heavy fuel loads. And old S1 tyres.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
First place!!! Thanks for the team
Dan
Clearly there is an issue with domination, Phoenix are the only team to have won a race out of the Big 3 this season and IED the 4th best team are 70 points away from 3rd placed TSS right now

But is a performance reset the only way to fix this problem? it undoes all the effort made by the top 3 teams to get there,

another option i thought about is more boost for smaller teams

-tss top team get 40 bhp of boost (provided they start the season on 804bhp
-vsm get 44 bhp of boost (if they start on 800 bhp)

top drivers in 60 gap from top to base perf get 4x50 point boost
new get the difference to the top perf depending to their starter perf (rookie 4x110 boost, someone in midfield approx 4x70 points boost, we'd have to see starter perfs first)

-also divide the scored points by 6 (currently by 4), so that less bhp is gained from race to race
-and add an average perf bonus to the drivers who havent been from the start
f.e. if someone drove only two season,his average is filled in for the two missed seasons
i

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
I still like the capping of drivers idea as well on top of the changes Marko now summed up in his last post - although I'm not in favor of the last one, adding average points - with the possible cap and the equalizing at the start of the seasons drivers will be pretty close together

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
capped drivers could be disadvataged with having less amount of boost.
it's not all euqal other way around either as perf evolves during season, so even my suggestions wont neccesarily bring "17 winners"
it would depend on strategy too like it has past 2 seasons

if you want all equal, reset perf for every race of the season:P

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Nice from Alpha testers (Y)

- My GP4 Works

MDBSnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still like the capping of drivers idea as well
> on top of the changes Marko now summed up in his
> last post - although I'm not in favor of the last
> one, adding average points - with the possible cap
> and the equalizing at the start of the seasons
> drivers will be pretty close together

if reset at the start different boost and my suggestions arent necessary.
then it would be all the same incl boost.

GPGSL career;
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy