The guide to updating Grand Prix 4 to the 2009 Season [closed]

Posted by madotter 
Let me bounce an idea off you and see what the feedback is like, it's an idea I had last year, but never materialised:

The idea is to create a CSM 2009 mod template and to have all the relevant ini files and graphics ready and downloadable now.

And then as things are released, they can be released so that they are ready to just be put in the correct folders in the mod. If necessary, a picture tutorial can be put in this thread and with the various releases. That way, we're not all waiting for a complete mod to be completed in 2011, we're not plagued with politics and permissions, we're not competing with leechers, because it's up to the player to choose what they want to install.

So what I'm proposing is not a Mod in itself, but a template to build your own mod, and hopefully if all the hard work has been done with the ini's etc, then putting files in the right place should not be too difficult. If any patches/ini's need to be tweaked, they can easily be downloaded and installed in CSM itself.

Let me know what you think. I'm not saying I will do this, there are other people with the skills and the time to do it. I'm sure you'd all prefer to have me make the cars to put in the mod ;-)

That's a great idea Kev. I discussed several time it last year with some "mod compiler" who were, each time in front of permission issues....But unfortunately no one did it. May be this year....
You got a PM Kev. Hope you have some free space on your HD :)

Wow that's a big file! downloading now :)

The problem is that you always have to adjust steering wheel, tyre, helmet and camera positions when using different carshapes...this is not easy for beginners either.
It would be no problem if CSM could save the ingame changes made with real time editing..but as far as I know it is not possible.

Well that's what I mean about modders releasing compatible downloads. We can release a separate download version that updates CSM directly, with the car files, tweaker settings etc. The only issue might be for those who have changed the files, might find that they are overwritten.

pimpones1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> charity rules uh ahahahaha

a million sorry's but i can't be serious now... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
to adjust i suggest the following method ... align with team-editor and convert the coordinates to gp4tweaker :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
[www.grandprixgames.org]
perf pré seasson realesed for mpleo.
Just a little update,

- WIP/Release pictures added with links.
- Red Bull driver pictures added.
- Massa is not #3 and Kimi is #4 [from latest test pictures]
RBR driver have the wrong numbers # 14 Mark Webber, # 15 Sebastian Vettel.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

My bad :)
pimpones1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [img24.imageshack.us]
> np0.jpg
> [img24.imageshack.us]
> pg/1/w560.png
>
> bahrein test,, number 3.. lol..

maybe massa drove the wrong car.I missed that his car has #4 on nose :D.
Two little updates :)

Force India VJM02 teamart and grid car added!
Updated Dutch_Can's Toyota thread link and preview pic!

Thanks,
Iain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 11:57PM by madotter.
Can you correct the Ferrari drivers numbers at page 1, please
# 3 Kimi Raikkonen
# 4 Felipe Massa

Check new test photos.

Massa using the number 3 car while Raikkonen has been using 4. for the last few test sessions.
The official FIA entry list for the 2009 season:
# 3 Kimi Raikkonen
# 4 Felipe Massa

What cars they use in testing does not count IMO.

According to test photos and various F1 news sites, Massa will be number 3 this year.
Added new green 2009 tyres.
at the moment,we can do a 2009 Winter Test MOD.
... and after we finish the 2009 Winter Test MOD, we can race on the snow!!! ;) :) :) :)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">