The guide to updating Grand Prix 4 to the 2009 Season [closed]

Posted by madotter 
I do not have a problem
thanks
Just want to say thanks once again for keeping this upated, what an excellent thread - certainly reduces the pain of updating!

Thanks again,
Wills

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Added... Well, LOADS :)
Added more! :)
Awesome mate! Complete 2009 teamarts, Loadingsscreens, loads of helmets, all cars! THis is really looking good!

Btw: Gridcars picture is still the Williams Test livery!

Thanks a lot for your works mate!!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
I know mate, as soon as I can lay my hands on a proper Williams and Brawn for the grid cars I will :)
Bleh, I saw a website the other day that had perfect pictures for the gridcars! But I cant find it anywhere :S

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
I found on gp4argentina an updated version of vass bmw with correct numer and logos ;)
[rs522.rapidshare.com]

Samuele
32BOBO32
LOL I was just about to add that ;-)
he he he =)

Samuele
32BOBO32
Hey there! Great work putting together this guide - has helped me heaps in updating to the 2009 season! Ive got almost everything installed and working perfectly but haven't yet been able to reduce the number of cars racing from 22 to 20. Following madotter's instructions I looked for the 'gp4tweak_data' file in my gp4 directory which wasn't there so I installed gp4 tweaker thinking you may need it for the file to appear. It kinda worked...although the gp4tweak_data is a folder not a file, but in that folder I found a file called numcars.ini which appeared to be what I was looking for...so I changed all the 1's to 0's in the last 2 columns - started up GP4 annnnd still 22 cars :(

Hope that makes sense...bit of advice would be greatly appreciated :D

On a different note...how do you get the GUI of gp4 tweaker up? I seem to remember editing everything in a nicely laid out GUI but now I have to edit everything through ini's?

Thanks!
how may be The car textures resize?
tex resizer program?
or?
you need to press the ' button to get the info up.

It sounds like tweaker isn't picking it up. So go into gp4tweak.ini and search for numcars.ini - and you need to change the line that activates that one from 0 to 1. If you're not using CSM, I'd open up Gp4Tweaker (the new one) and press apply to gp4.exe again just to make sure.

good work as always keeping this updated.

thanks for the BMW link as well, the last 2009 livery is now released!

btw, maybe you could get rid of the Wikipedia season information from the first post. It doesn't add anything useful to the post, and makes it much longer than necessary

X (@ed24f1)
Team art, performance & track menu maps can be found on my blog:

[jdf1stats.blogspot.com]

Thanks everyone for visiting and making GP4 a great game !!!
fongu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let me bounce an idea off you and see what the
> feedback is like, it's an idea I had last year,
> but never materialised:
>
> The idea is to create a CSM 2009 mod template and
> to have all the relevant ini files and graphics
> ready and downloadable now.
>

That would be wonderful.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 05:22PM by BAR#10.
Hi, I just tried to install on of these cars however when I extract the cars.wad it showed many more files relating to one car. I mean the lod. files then 6 tex. files and a cp.text file for each car. The new cars however only have 3 hi_tex. files and the lod files.

I have no idea how to install these cars now. I am trying to compile a personal 2009 mod. I know how to change all other features of the game apart from cars, please let me know, thanks
fongu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you need to press the ' button to get the info up.
>
>
> It sounds like tweaker isn't picking it up. So go
> into gp4tweak.ini and search for numcars.ini - and
> you need to change the line that activates that
> one from 0 to 1. If you're not using CSM, I'd open
> up Gp4Tweaker (the new one) and press apply to
> gp4.exe again just to make sure.

I think I need this explaining again. I have a file called gp4tweak.ini which is controlled by notepad. Inside the file there is nothing to do with the number of cars. I am using GP4Tweaker 1.0.4.5.

Is someone making a CSM 2009 mod or just like Fongu wrote:

"The idea is to create a CSM 2009 mod template and
> to have all the relevant ini files and graphics
> ready and downloadable now."

We have so many files like no year before, so it would be great.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Check 1st page says J-C is working on a csm 2009 :)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy