The guide to updating Grand Prix 4 to the 2009 Season [closed]

Posted by madotter 
It's because of the grid order in 2009. They have to be named like that because McLaren is first this year. In 2001, it was Ferrari, so that's the point.
i still dont get it, if i want to download a ferrari and i did when i put it in i have 4 mclarens unless i rename it....? why not just rename it correctly when makign the file. sorry i dont understand
Re: Grand Prix 4 2009 Season [4th Feb 2009]
Date: April 03, 2009 03:09PM
Posted by: ecion
Still having problems with the williams download; [software.grandprixgames.org] keeps saying Object not found!
Krytan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i still dont get it, if i want to download a
> ferrari and i did when i put it in i have 4
> mclarens unless i rename it....? why not just
> rename it correctly when makign the file. sorry i
> dont understand

one reason is because some people don't run mclaren in slot 1, but ferrari, because it effects the order of the pitlane. So I run Ferrari in slot 1, because it doesn't affect the race numbers.

Also in CSM it doesn't matter what the car files are called (to an extent)

ok so does everyone not rename them and just disregards them and puts them in the wad???

dont people get confused.... il do it... its just kinda weird
if you're not using CSM, you will have to rename them as on the first page. It's up to you what you decide, but you just need to be consistent with helmet numbers etc - so best to check before you install.

Hi,ive just downloaded all cars....but AlexSchumi's Williams and Force India come out white.Ive got textures and car geometry set to high but it doesn't change.
what should i do?

Also,where is this mysterious gp4tweakdata folder/file.ive installed gp4tweaker but cant find it anywhere.
Help much appreciated:D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 04:24PM by schumifan7.
Use CSM..its way more easier u dont have to rename lods or tex files and its not too hard to get used too:)..
Update to grid cars = new williams and brawn!
Alesi no1 Wrote:
> Use CSM..its way more easier u dont have to rename
> lods or tex files and its not too hard to get used
> too:)..

I do use csm... so if im using csm how do i install the cars, ive been doing it manually using easywad and then installing them then repacking the wad?

also last night i unpacked the cars wad and melbourne track wad and 1/2 the size of the textures using slimtex, now it crashes to desktop when loading a track can someone help with these 2 questions?

many thanks
benvelor Wrote:
> using csm is more simple: you can find tutorial in
> this forum. You can change car, helmets ecc.
> without working with cars.wad and easywad ;-)

OK SOUNDS GOOD CAN YOU LINK ME TO THIS TUTORIAL PLEASE?

sorry for caps...
as someone who hasnt played this game for years and has only got back on, CSM is new to me but im surprised how easily it loaded a 2008 mod i found on the internet, and as the differences are so vast between this and last year its nice to know its progressing. Good news to see a CSM version is WIP, but i would also like to see a tutorial to installing them manually to test out all the mods.
mikiyaru Wrote:
> as someone who hasnt played this game for years
> and has only got back on, CSM is new to me but im
> surprised how easily it loaded a 2008 mod i found
> on the internet, and as the differences are so
> vast between this and last year its nice to know
> its progressing. Good news to see a CSM version is
> WIP, but i would also like to see a tutorial to
> installing them manually to test out all the mods.

Yes I would like a tutorial as well. Ive used CSM to install the 2008 mod, everything works BUT the external car skins are still the old ones from 2001?!
Also every time i run CSM i get the this error "No clean exe found, Install and clean exe blah blah blah" now i know how to run updater but its rather tedious process to be doing this every time I play the mod??

I've successfully managed to install my first car (a BMW) using easy wad (just unpacked all the files straight into the cars.wad) and the car looks fine on the outside but from the cockpit I see the old sauber front part, like in the original 2001 car :( How I can solve this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2009 08:01PM by tozequio.
cockpits don't come with the cars most of the time, I don't know if there are any 2009 cockpits available

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
There is a file in the package named hi_cockpit.tex, shouldn't it be enough? I'm not referring just to the cockpit itself, but also to the front part of the car structure, that is still the blue 2001 old one, with the credit suisse logo.
Brawn Malaysia textures added!
Hi

can you tell me if the file that are downloded for the car updates are the correct file type for gp4
as i am still having trouble getting them to update to the new season.

i am a newbie and prob doing something wrong

have followed the above guide.

many thanks nitemareuk
hi
i am still having probs i have downloaded the above file needed and also the wadupdater amd also the team editor.

i am not sure how you change them have tryed but nothing chanded except for the Ferrari's the were all white.

and the rest of the cars had white bottoms and tail lights.

as i am a newbie to all this its prob something simple im doing wrong.

any ides please help.

ps i have the utmost respect for all the good wotk you do to enable us to enjoy the game more.

many thanks nitemareuk
Added new final version of BMW F1.09 with fixed mirrors and acurate 2009 textures :)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy