KeyBinding = gp4tweak_data.ini

[TWEAK_DATA_FILE]
CarsEnabler = gp4tweak_data\numcars.ini

[TWEAK_DATA_SECTION]
CarsEnabler = CARS_NUMBERS_PER_TRACK

[TWEAK_DATA_KEY]
CarsEnabler = TRACK%02d

removed - stupid post :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 03:28AM by madotter.
Nevermind, solved :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 03:59AM by madotter.
Hi, I'm a big F1 fan, but I am new to this. I have a fresh install of GP4 with the appropriate patches and such installed. I would like to update my game to have all the 2009 teams and driver names with the proper car liverys. Unfortunately the thread showing how you get the modified cars into the game has a dead link for the guide. I understand that you have to modify the cars.wad file and have downloaded wadupdater but can somebody please walk me through how to replace the old cars in game with the cars downloaded from the first post in this thread with the right driver and team names appearing in the right places in game.

Thanks a million and thanks again for all the hard work everyone has obviously put in, the liverys look awesome.
It's pretty simple: Download the cars you want, same with all the other stuff. You open the cars.wad file and put the car_xxx_carx_lod_xxx datas in there. Make sure that they are named correctly (look at first post). If there are only two lods of a car, you need to copy e.g. the car1_lod_0 of a team. Copy it four times and rename it to lod_1 to lod_4. Do the same with the car2_lod_0. If you have done that, just put them into the cars.wad (into the cars folder), same for the textures (don't rename them!).
You're gonna have to change steering wheel and helmet positions for the cars. Do that with TeamEditor.

For the correct performance, you need to download one (I got the 2009 preseason one, see first post). Make sure that in the performance data, the teams are in the same spot as in your cars.wad. For example, if your Brawn GP-Team is car_minardi_carx_lod_x, you have to put Brawn GP to the penultimate spot in the performance data. You can update the performance with the melbourne 2009 perf, but watch out, there the brawn gp-team is in the very last spot, so you might need to copy the performance of that team into the 2009 preseason performance. To get the perf ingame, just select it in gpxpatch before starting (in the gpxset tab).
Then you're good to go with the 2009 cars in the exact order and with a good performance.
madotter, i've made the helmet of Rosberg if you want to update the 1st post :)

- My GP4 Works

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 01:32PM by AlexSchumi.
I tried just putting in the new Renaults but the game crashes when I try to start a race

What i did was, ten "car_r29_carx_lod_x.gp4" files become "car_benetton_carx_lod_x.gp4"

then I moved all the tex files (e.g. hi_r29lupd_1.tex) into the wad, not renaming them, then packaged up the wad and put it into my GP4 folder.

I didn't bother trying to move camera positions or performance files yet, just changing the livery of that one car but it crashes when loading a quickrace.

Did I do something wrong?
Thanks for your help
Hm, I had a small problem while doing that, too. Some textures weren't properly imported into the wad, check them by trying to open them. If it an error message like "Not a .tex file" shows up, you have to import that texture again. Also, I did the whole thing with Easywad, maybe you wanna give it a try? And do you have all the lods from 0 to 4? Without them, the game won't load.

And you're welcome, mate ;)
I tried easywad and it wouldn't work, a box pops up when I open it sayign "do you want to associate .wad files with easywad" and after that nothing happens :(

but is what I did the right method?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 02:30PM by Warwickite.
The procedure is right. Easywad works in another way. When the window pops up, select yes. Then you can open your cars.wad by double clicking on it. Easywad itself needs only to be opened once. After you associated .wad files with easywad, you can open every .wad you like. Try replacing the whole stuff in Easywad and it should work (at least it did for me) :)
Thanks beginning to get there now :D one thing, when I change the liverys the cockpit veiw doesn't change, like for mclaren the view from the cockpit is still red ferrari, how is that fixed?
using csm is more simple: you can find tutorial in this forum. You can change car, helmets ecc. without working with cars.wad and easywad ;-)
Continuing my list of silly questions,

Where is the 'gp4tweak_data' file hidden, I can't find it
I managed to change the driver images as they were .gpi files but how do you do the car grid pictures as they are .tga files?
Finally, how do you add/change the order of tracks?

Many thanks once more
About the tweak-file: no idea, sorry. Same goes for Gridcars.
To change the order of tracks, you either use TrackSetManager or you rename the dat and wad files of each track. For example, Abu Dhabi becomes Suzuka2001.wad and sct17.dat.
Any idea why I have 2 rev counters like that? and how to get the nice one on the right

The lower one is from ingame. You need to turn it off in the graphic options. The one above is from gpxpatch. You can turn it off in the GPxCInfo-tab (just click the box that's checked (Lo2kTheme/counter)). There is a 2009 version of the revcounter available, download that one and put it anywhere. Then just browse it in that screen where the other counter was in gpxpatch and check the box next to where the path of the counter file stands.
Thanks for your quick replies fongu I've got it workin a charm now. All I had to do was copy and paste this line in the GP4tweak.ini: CarsEnabler = 1 ; enable/disable car removal tweak.

Warwickite - = The cockpit graphics are separate from the car graphics, for them you'll need to download a cockpit pack...unfortunately a 2009 one isn't yet available but I found the 2008 ones from gp4db work quite well-much better than default anyway. Also you need to download gp4tweaker to gain access to the gp4_tweak data folder-then to delete the 2 extra cars (I assume that's what your trying to do) in that folder you will find a file called numcars.ini, go into this and make all the 1's 0's for the cars you do not want competing. Then to enable it do what I listed above ^^^
can someone tell me why when i download a ferrari the lod files are named mclaren and when i download a mclarne the lod files are named ferrari???
easier for you to rename it ;-)

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy