GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
The Press: The Return

The Press is back. We took a nice holiday trip to the Bahamas. As you may know, the Bahamas are partly in the Bermuda Triangle. The Curse of the Triangle (yes, we capatalize it, after the story you will understand why) caught us.

We flew to Miami and would go to the Bahamas on a cruise ship. All was well until we entered the Triangle. The radar started to show the Looney Tunes and the needles of the compasses were spinning at 20 million rpm. One man held a compass in his hand. The compass became so hot that it burnt itself through the hand of the man. Joe, as the man was called, screamed and held his burning hand in water. Unfortunately, it appeared to be the water that the cook just boiled for the afternoon tea. Joe wasn't very happy. Everybody laughed at Joe. He started to panic. He ran towards the swimming pool and jumped in it, so he could cool his hand down. However, due to a lack of water for tea, the cook had used pool water for his tea (which explained the weird taste it had), so the pool was empty. Joe still had an aching hand and now also had two broken legs. Joe climbed out of the pool and shouted: 'I need a doctor!' The captain replied that there was no doctor on board, but that there was a harbour nearby. A doctor lived there. The captain said that for a tenner, he'd make an extra stop in that harbour. Joe grabbed his wallet, but it fell through his hand, a man came running by, grabbed the wallet, jumped off the ship, right into the mouth of Megalodons shark. 'No money, no stop' the captain said.

Joe was devastated. He had a hole in his burnt hand and two broken legs. He sat on the ground. At least he had one hand left that was working well. He lied down and fell asleep. When he woke up, his face hurt: he got sunburnt. His other hand hurt too. Apparently someone stepped on it, judging by the mirrored Nike logo on it.

Finally, the boat reached the Bahamas. Joe was sent to a hospital and was kept there for seven weeks. Now replace Joe with The Press and you'll understand our absence.

Signed,

The Press
The Press can not be made responsible for any thing that can be caused by untrue articles.
I'm not loving the look of that Lucky Seven car to be honest...

Good to see that The Press has returned, hope your hand is allright.

--------------------------------------------------

-GPGSL Career- Starts: 64 Points: 237 Wins: 3 Podiums: 8 Poles: 2 Fastest Laps: 2 Best Result: 1st (Mal + Bra GP S3, Jap GP S4)
Most consecutive races without DNF: 23
Forget his hand, what about the poor guy in the shark? LOL

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Pre-Season testing underway at DXR

DXR have started their winter testing program by putting the new ZG01, rebadged as the MD-10, through its paces on the track at Silverstone. It was in its test livery of a darkish blue with the number 15 and Bolscher's name on the car. However it wasn't Bolscher in the car but infact it was Santilal

"Yeah, it's a pretty awesome car. It's a bit twitchy around the corners and you get a power-oversteer around the first sectors which makes it more and more fun to drive. However, lap times suffer with that."

Asked about the Blue livery on the car and the blue race suit;

"Now, that you shall find out later. But to to keep you in the loop and as confirmed before, Sir Richard has signed for the next 3 years and we shall be promoting the Virgin group and its subsideries on the car throughout the year"

Ingers was at the track but due to ManFlu, he sat out on the testing, Bolscher however, was in his native Holland to promote the series with the testers.

Source: M.S.
© THE TIMES
Oh, was I supposed to promote the series? I thought I had a free day.

Dan Paddock & Co. captured by pirates - Set free again - MPR-02 In the coming weeks

Reports just in that Dan Paddock, The Lonely Island and some MPR guys, including Ken Byrne have been captured by pirates in the Irish sea, while on a trip in the MPR official boat...there on a boat....

Apparently the pirates demanded treasure for the safe return of Dan and the guys, these demands were delivered to the MPR factory, but everyone was skiving off, so Monil had to answer while testing the DXR. He told us earlier "Well it was pretty scary, but I know Dan and the guys are a bit crazy, so I expect this kind of stuff to happen when I joined MPR"

There demands were a used Dunlop tyre, some coffee, a copy of Dan's autobiography 'Me, Myself and Martini' and a pair of Marko's old race boots from last year. These demands were accepted regrettably, Dan's book retails at £9.99, so it was a sad loss...

The transfer was made, and Dan and the MPR guys who were on a trip to Dublin to try out the famous bars, were free at last, after a horrifying ordeal lasting over 2 1/2 hours

When asked later about the pirate attack Dan's only reply was "Lol, that was jokes, those pirates really like there Captain Morgan's Rum, we all had a cracking time"

Ken Byrne, Dan's cousin who races for Ireland in the GPGNC, the team run by MPR said "Thankfully we are all all right, they were nice lads those pirates, they said there next stop was the Netherlands, where they were supposed to be meeting some Nick fellow. Anyway I wish them all the best, and it was a good crack today was"

Clearly shaken by the events Dan Paddock is looking forward to the unveiling of the MPR-02 in the next few weeks "We just need to sort out some stuff with a couple of guys and It'll be all good, I really can't wait to see the car. We are set to do some testing next week in the old car, just sorting out the transition to the Lancia engines, ill likely be the last run out of the old chassis".

Source: L.O.L
© THE SUN

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I'm lucky they don't come all the way to the Netherlands to get me ;)

Your lucky mate, scary experience ;)

racingstefan schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm lucky they don't come all the way to the
> Netherlands to get me ;)

Ha, that's what you think. I sent them to you!

They know where your bed sleeps ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 10:38PM by Nickv.
It was Nicks plan to stop MPR beating Velox next season ;)

Cor I can dream

You have no hope in hell that MPR is beating Velox next season. And if they do, then there is still nothing to worry about, since I'm a GPGSLRS member and you are not ;)
Nickv Wrote:
> You have no hope in hell that MPR is beating Velox
> next season. And if they do, then there is still
> nothing to worry about, since I'm a GPGSLRS member
> and you are not ;)

I'll have you know that a DXR driver is also a member of the GPGSL so what ever you do to MPR and/or DXR you may suffer ;)

@Dan: I still can't believe you chose T-Pain over me. I even had special Martini burgers ready for the boat. I knew I shouldn't have tested this week ;)

Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> Oh, was I supposed to promote the series? I
> thought I had a free day.

You still got paid with a lot of women and money whilst you were there. Maybe a little Cannabis ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 11:20PM by Monza972.
Monza972 schreef:
> Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh, was I supposed to promote the series? I
> > thought I had a free day.
>
> You still got paid with a lot of women and money
> whilst you were there. Maybe a little Cannabis ;)

Didn't he had to pay for the women? ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake Wrote:
> Monza972 schreef:
> -----
> > Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Oh, was I supposed to promote the series? I
> > > thought I had a free day.
> >
> > You still got paid with a lot of women and
> money
> > whilst you were there. Maybe a little Cannabis
> ;)
>
> Didn't he had to pay for the women? ;)

It's in the contract. Although, we haven't stated if they are really women or not. We've just written that he'll get women ;)
Is Byron really that stupid? He agreed to get paid with something that he doesn't like?
Theres also a little thing about driving races in GPG SL, though, its just a detail and can be ignored.

We've also stated that he can go and do a Kimi Raikkonen at a nightclub. What type of nightclub isn't mentioned ;)
It isn't necessary to be mentioned, it's obvious enough ;)
Monza972 Wrote:
> We've also stated that he can go and do a Kimi
> Raikkonen at a nightclub. What type of nightclub
> isn't mentioned ;)

What? Mutter incoherently?

Man Flu? I think you will find it was a double dose of swine and bird flu! ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
How do i join this league?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy