Ferrari F2008 (R E L E A S E D!!! Pg.12)

Posted by Rodrigo007 
Re: Ferrari F2008 (WIP)
Date: November 13, 2008 12:07AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Btw guys the cars are slightly different between them also in each spec, such differences are not always visible at first, sometimes may be a wing but others a simply lens in cam , however it's there. Maybe you do not got it yet but gonna take an example:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 04:56AM by Rodrigo007.
Date: November 13, 2008 12:12AM
Posted by: Raikkonenfan
awesome, looking forward to this project!! congrats!!

Date: November 13, 2008 01:21AM
Posted by: vesuvius
wow those really are amazingly detailed shapes :o
Date: November 13, 2008 01:30AM
Posted by: Ruboy
I really don't see the difference ;)
Maybe the angles of front and rear wings are different due to individual setups by Kimi and Felipe? :)

Date: November 13, 2008 01:41AM
Posted by: vesuvius
I did found one difference (I marked those in red on the pic) :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 01:43AM by vesuvius.
Date: November 13, 2008 03:18AM
@ Craig:

btw about these differences, i'll take opportunity to show these cams

along the season Ferrari used 3 kinds of those things which i enumerated below:

Number 1 is completely symetric, number 2 has the cam in it's left side, also the same side is thicker than the other and a little bit small therefore as you noticed it doesn't have fin.

Number 1 and 2 were present since the start of the season in the car.

The number 3 is an update debuted in Massa's car at Singapore, at first it just seems a number 2 with the little fin, but it has also tiny differences, the lens is a bit more larger than the number 2, it is symetric with the right side in terms of width however it continues to be thicker.

Another thing will relate to the mirrors, looking at the mirrors for example in Monza pic posted above it's possible to notice that Kimi is using symetric ones while Felipe is using a camera on the left one:

For this image showing them, upper refers to the normal ones, mainly in this final part Kimi used a symetric set of them, the bottom one refers to the special left sided who comes with a camera in this final part used mainly by Felipe (a brief observation here is that at the early season it was Kimi who mainly used cam on left side and Massa with symetric set). [stats only considering the races]

(PS: updated the page 1 last post with exhaust and some airbox and around details!)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 04:28AM by Rodrigo007.
Date: November 13, 2008 04:21AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
WOW! Stunning :D
Date: November 13, 2008 10:54AM
Posted by: Craigo
Ok seeing that front view shots, I think you need to look at a few things. The nose seems to rounded over the top near the cockpit, its more flat, also the shape of the nose down from the cockpit doesnt seem correct, should be more sraight rather then from the cockpit to the nose angling into a point. I think the detail and smoothness looks ace but the nose just seems not in the right proportions....

Do you know what I mean??

and im not saying its crap im trying to help make it perfect ;)
Date: November 13, 2008 11:36AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Greatest Ferrari ever!

p.s: in some races massa and raikkonen used diferents rear wings in same race (curced and straigth)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: November 13, 2008 11:59AM
Posted by: fongu
awesome detail, I wish I had time to make such intricate details - but I'm more happy to get a car in-game. Love the track specific stuff - again I've given up making such minor differences, but they do add to the realism when you're running a full season :)

Date: November 13, 2008 12:44PM
Craigo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok seeing that front view shots, I think you need
> to look at a few things. The nose seems to rounded
> over the top near the cockpit, its more flat, also
> the shape of the nose down from the cockpit doesnt
> seem correct, should be more sraight rather then
> from the cockpit to the nose angling into a point.
> I think the detail and smoothness looks ace but
> the nose just seems not in the right
> proportions....
>
> Do you know what I mean??
>
> and im not saying its crap im trying to help make
> it perfect ;)

lemme explain Craig, you see the nose rounder in this photo because this is the effect of an update made in Hockenheim gives, it's a solid "visor", so looking in this way we tend to see just as a whole and confound the shapes because this thing even in real is painted in red , here it is:

About the nose we're much tranquil, we checked like 300 times and rechecked 600 hehe and it is fitting exactly the draws, I do believe as soon as you get you'll notice better, however in Nic's words:
"The problem is that in GP4 light effect is never realistic until the texture, with alpha layer, and low black part of the nose, will give the final effect"

K. :P

Btw mate we wish to thanks for the contribution and tips !

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 02:34PM by Rodrigo007.
Date: November 13, 2008 12:48PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Amazing detail, I am sure the car will be well worth the wait.
Date: November 13, 2008 12:55PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
superb attention to detail!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 13, 2008 01:40PM
Posted by: fccfan
oh men this car is wunderfull :)
Date: November 13, 2008 02:01PM
Posted by: toyo_161
omg nice:o
Date: November 13, 2008 03:56PM
Posted by: Mitsuro Sano
Simply incredible!!!!!!! Everything is perfect here!
Date: November 13, 2008 04:46PM
Posted by: Craigo
Looks good, still think you need to look at the width of the nose from nose cone to cockpit. Put a photo from the same angle next to that shot and ull see what I mean. I say this because its one area where I dont think I got the shape with my f2008 correct so would be good to see it right on your shape
Date: November 13, 2008 04:54PM
Posted by: jebojle
So far so good,but i cant give final decision until car is finished,and textures are on it,
but the thing that i like REALLY much is,all those details :),seems like you and Nicola have spent a lot of hours to make it like this,congratulation's.

It's kinda hard to see such detailed car everyday ^^

Regard's

Nemoze mi niko nista
jaci sam od sudbine
mogu samo da mrze
oni sto me nevole!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 04:55PM by jebojle.
Date: November 13, 2008 05:12PM
Posted by: lanky180
OMG! This car is going to be soo accurate when its complete!!!
Date: November 13, 2008 05:25PM
Posted by: fast_alonso
Very good job all involved :) Fantastic details and nice to see Nicola is still touching some things ;)

btw: imo Craig is right, seems to be a bit "over"rounded where it goes up to the cockpit, I think it need to be smaller :)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 05:36PM by fast_alonso.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy