Ferrari F2008 (R E L E A S E D!!! Pg.12)

Posted by Rodrigo007 
Re: Ferrari F2008 (WIP)
Date: May 17, 2009 10:51AM
Posted by: Gigi4
This is me right now:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2009 10:53AM by Gigi4.
Date: May 17, 2009 02:06PM
Posted by: Mitsuro Sano
Whoooaaa!!!! The car is excellent!! full of details, ultra accurate! And all specs, that's a superb job from everyone involved here :)
Date: May 17, 2009 03:09PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
OMG looks awesome! One question though, how big is LOD_0 ? :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: May 17, 2009 03:48PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
looks superb!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 17, 2009 08:46PM
Posted by: fccfan
wooooooooow !!

[gpgames.eu]
Date: May 17, 2009 11:17PM
Posted by: raulongo
Incredible. This won't set a new standard... this will set a new age!! The best car never made for a computer game, from masters of the modding, and every single modder is one of the best guys I've ever known... both sentiments collide...

Keep it up and contact me if you have anything I can do for you.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: May 17, 2009 11:49PM
Posted by: ralv585
looks amazing!

trust me guys, i've seen a fairly recent version of it, and it will blow your minds!

Date: May 18, 2009 05:49AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Hello everybody,

Initially we from the team wish to thank for the very kind comments all mates have posted here, personally I guess this shows our approach produced good fruits what make us very satisfied.

It make us really happy that a diversified selection of members in the community like the project, as stated in RSPitStop a day or couple of ago, it's important when you receive positive feedbacks from the experienced members, modders, modelers as fortunately (and thank god for that!) has been happening to us.

Eric, regarding the size of the lod_0 mate, it'll vary from version to version, I'm not sure of the exact final average level, however that car tends to be one with highest number of polies for GP4, heritage from 2006 style of Ferrari car released, I'd say that the impact in these weight terms is proportional to what the 248f1 had at the time with it's around 35k of polies in relation to what the systems were capable during the period, certainly the people who will use the full version can expect a main lod above the traditional of nowadays per se, I calculate above 3mb in the races specs. Anyways, there will be a lighter version of the package deprived of internal faces and damage model in which we expect to attend the demands of the most range of players possible surely.

One point setted was to put smoothness quality of the shape curves as priority, I can say by myself that really dislike, hate with true passion, going into T-cam or multiple angles from close views in a car and/just to find pointy polies around here and there in nose, sidepods and etc... I do believe this harms alot one's sense of immersion, what subsequently may be frustrative for the person. So certainly we weren't preocupated into being ecomonic if it somehwhat prejudicated the form of a piece for example, much emphasis on the onboard, that ppl tend to spend more time with.

That being said, working this way we expect the project to keep a good level of quality standard in comparison to others that will be released only in the future (2010-2011-2012) as things go progressing and getting better making it endure for some years favouring then players yet to come, eventually everybody thus will have an opportunity to enjoy, already having in mind that usual system specs getting evaluations all the time, in this point sharing Mario's opinion when replying on his Le Mans track.

To give one idea of the project's dimmension, in the general file here, reuniting all the pieces of the z3d file non separated into gp4 style yet, the numbers of objects are 213, 115.823 vertices, 171.130 faces.

Edit: In reply to some pms, there's plans to make it available for other games yes, certainly that weighed heavy in what we took into account in the decisions during all this time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 06:12AM by Rodrigo007.
Date: May 18, 2009 01:18PM
Posted by: keli
Very nice shape.
When will it be released?
Date: May 18, 2009 06:21PM
Posted by: Stiffmaster99
It will released in (2010-2011-2012) :P
hey guys I wanted nursagen her incredible work with this car made hab. I hope that your textures for this car are just as horny as the shape because then it will be the best car in the modeled ever.
Quite honestly, I still no matter how long it takes as long as the same high quality reserves and wish you all good for this project.
Now let me say that I wish you all good guys for your project

Date: May 27, 2009 08:44PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
thx for the info Rodrigo :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: May 27, 2009 09:22PM
Posted by: J-C-2
That is great news mate. Thanks all people involved.

Cheers :)

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
Date: May 27, 2009 10:06PM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
I hope that your textures for this car are just as horny as the shape

LOL at translators!!

'Geil' in german has another meaning in English! ;)

About the car, the level of detail is freaking insane... perfect.. looking forward to see more

Date: May 27, 2009 10:21PM
Posted by: Spidey
hahaha yeh german--english translations are sometimes very funny :D

Im looking forward to this car as well, bodylines in the shape that will be awesome :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
Date: May 27, 2009 10:34PM
Posted by: Gigi4
wondering how does a horny texture look

Date: May 27, 2009 10:39PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Well textures will surely be great because we know Öggo's skills as a painter!:)
Date: May 28, 2009 11:09PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
A 5 min done video without edits or sound so viewers concentrate in the image simply, for T-cam demonstration of the shape:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Date: May 28, 2009 11:10PM
Posted by: raulongo
Nice one mate... and in HD!!

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: May 28, 2009 11:32PM
Posted by: vesuvius
awesome shape, thanks for making video :p
Date: May 29, 2009 12:17AM
Posted by: Monza972
:o!!!!

Fantastic beauty. Can't wait to get my hands on this. Take as long as you need Gentlemen. This 16th Constructors title winner screams Perfect!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy