2000-2002 internal generic steering wheel and cockpit

Posted by GP4Addicted 
Greetings everyone.

After a long break, i'm back playing GP4.

Since i don't want to mod the game too much track wise (17), before kers and with refueling, i want to have the vanilla season updated outside csm, and eventually run the 2000/2002 season, and the 2007 season.

Anyway, since GP4DB is down for now, i can't find, so far, some good internal steering wheel.

Hope Hega can help me.

Any pit crew update would be nice too.

BTW, nice to see some new people to the modders crew, like MSchumi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2022 08:30AM by GP4Addicted.
Hello mate, welcome back! :-)

I've actually been following this community for a lot longer than you think, at least since 2007!
I remember the first time I discovered that GP4 could be modified, it was 2004 and it was a DVD attached to a PC gaming magazine!
It was the GP4Italia MegaPatch 2004 and I also remember that it was a psychodrama having to install it on my first PC given to me by my grandfather who had, if I remember correctly, 256 or 512 mb of ram at most and a 16mb graphics card ...
This is because I had to download CSM and believe it or not I didn't have internet at home until 2015 ...
My Uncle downloaded it and so I immediately started having fun with the MegaPatch but above all I was immediately curious about how the CSM worked!
Then I started going to some internet points where I discovered this forum, GP4DB, GP4Italia, RaceSimulations and many others!
For many years, therefore, I did nothing but download all the possible material that I could in the time I was there, then I burned everything on DVD and took them home! How much money did I spend on it ... ;)
Once at home I had a lot of fun trying and experimenting with your works! For me all of you were myths, unattainable!
Then I finally had the opportunity to register here, to have the internet and a computer at last up to par! The rest is history ...
However, besides me, I see a lot of new people constantly coming here as well as welcome returns like yours now!
I think we are the most perfectionist and passionate community in the modding world and I'm not just talking about grandprixgames but in general! And this is incredible for a game that is now 20 years old!

Coming to your requests, I honestly didn't understand them in detail, can you explain them better?

However if you miss GP4DB I refer you to this link: [www.mediafire.com]
I upload the files at fairly irregular intervals, but I plan to put them all there except the few that unfortunately I have not downloaded.

However, I announce that by Christmas I have a surprise for you all: I should have revealed it to you on September 1st on the occasion of the launch of the 1998 Mod but unfortunately adverse circumstances prevented me from doing so.

Then see you around here, greets!
Thanks MSchumi!

Given the context, i play the GPX series since GP2.

So, i've been around here for more than 20 years now, when guys like Lo2k and many others were struggling developing mod tools.

GP4 still is the most complex to mod, due to it's files structure and details.

It's really amazing to watch this being and i quote you:

"I think we are the most perfectionist and passionate community in the modding world and I'm not just talking about grandprixgames but in general! And this is incredible for a game that is now 20 years old!"

Amazes me as well that GP3 games still has mods too.

Back to the subject, i'm looking for some good 2000-2002 cockpit view and external view steering wheel.
GP4Addicted Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks MSchumi!
>
> Given the context, i play the GPX series since
> GP2.
>
> So, i've been around here for more than 20 years
> now, when guys like Lo2k and many others were
> struggling developing mod tools.
>
> GP4 still is the most complex to mod, due to it's
> files structure and details.
>
> It's really amazing to watch this being and i
> quote you:
>
> "I think we are the most perfectionist and
> passionate community in the modding world and I'm
> not just talking about grandprixgames but in
> general! And this is incredible for a game that is
> now 20 years old!"
>
> Amazes me as well that GP3 games still has mods
> too.
>
> Back to the subject, i'm looking for some good
> 2000-2002 cockpit view and external view steering
> wheel.

Check your PM ;-)
GP4Addicted Wrote:
>Anyway, since GP4DB is down for now, i can't find, so far, some good internal steering wheel.

> Back to the subject, i'm looking for some good
> 2000-2002 cockpit view and external view steering
> wheel.
I made an "hd remaster" of the original wheel last year (internal and external):
[www.grandprixgames.org]

along with cockpit pack (based on an existing cockpit shape I find quite neat).
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2022 08:42PM by zifox.
OMG.

I'm so glad with you answering me, zifox!

I was just looking to talk to you about this steering wheel, since i already got your cockpit set.

And then you replied me!THX a lot!

But, i can't find a way to update cars.wad subfolders via WadUpdater or Wad Controller.

How can i do that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2022 09:38PM by GP4Addicted.
MSchumi24 Wrote:

> Check your PM ;-)

Thank you very much MSchumi! ;-)
GP4Addicted Wrote:
>
> But, i can't find a way to update cars.wad
> subfolders via WadUpdater or Wad Controller.
>
> How can i do that?

Usually I unpack the wad on the disk, update the files, then repack.

Using wadcontroller, if it is integrated into Windows Explorer, it's very easy: right click on cars.wad and choose WadController -> ExtractTo to unpack to a specific folder.
Then once the files are updated, right click on the folder and choose WadController -> createWad.
I had a graphical issue wich has been solved.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2022 08:13AM by GP4Addicted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy