GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - AI based series - Adelaide Australia Race Results Online.

Posted by Nickv 
Have the ladies calmed down now?

I get the impression that the F1 numbering system has the most support. It's easy, not confusing, everybody knows it and you don't have to change your numbers when some dolt decides to change his drivers.

For next year there needs to be a fixed calendar, if a race is driven before, that's fine, but it will be posted on the date that it should be. Not later and not earlier, unless there is some situation that forces the RD to post it earlier or later. Nobody really knew when races were driven, so the penalties for not showing up were a little out of place, but still, fair.

The perf system is tricky. Lots of opinions. There is definately support for the best driver getting the best perf for next season. That's good. One drawback that I thought was in the W300 perf file was that the best drivers would get perfs that were further and further away from the basic perf file. Now I've seen that the best driver will always get 90 extra perf points. Then the best driver has always a 16090 perf, so being in the series for a long time won't get you a massive advantage over new drivers. That's good too. The only thing we're bitching about is how to distribute the points. Giving points from 22-1 is simple, but doesn't reward a driver that has dominated. The old system is the other way round. A little harder, but does reward the driver for the points he's exactly scored, not his place in the championship.
Who did what last season nor important nor relevant. What is important is which system we need to use. I say we should get a new thread and throw in a poll. There is an option like that in the forum, so why not use it? Explain all the systems in the first post, add a poll and it's done. Don't think in problems, think in solutions.

There will be no second series. There is not enough support. Test drivers, possibly. But a lot of inactive drivers will be kicked out, so a lot of space is getting available for new drivers. FYI, yes, drivers will be kicked out. From next season, penalties will be more severe. Drivers can be kicked out mid season if it gets really bad. From next season, it's a teambosses responsibility to keep his drivers interested. If his drivers don't respond to that, or if the teamboss doesn't even try to keep them interested, the teamboss will face the consequences: his driver will be forced to leave so, obviously when available, a new driver can step in. In short: teambosses are responsible for their drivers, GPGSLRS will only hand out warnings and penalties. If a teamboss isn't active, it will be the GPGSLRS' responsibility to get him back. If he doesn't, his entire team can be forced to leave. Of course, the drivers shouldn't be victim of this, so the new teamboss will have to keep these drivers. Changing liveries, engines etc is obviously allowed. Rules will be finalized about this.

I am not sure if KBR was sold or not. If it is, Kyran can force Dan to keep Keeley, if it wasn't sold off, then Kyran can't. I will ask Kyran about that. I have sent Dan a PM a while ago, I will send him one today again. He needs to respond quickly, or his place will be given away.

I think I've caught up now :P
youve cauht up quite well Nick. Youve made a very clear post. I agree that we need a new topic with a poll. The old formula where the exact points decided youre new perf is something i like most. If that will be the decision of us all i think that we need to change the standard perf (for rookies every two seasons. (since theire are only 12 races a season nowadays).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
We don't need to change the starters perf. Your scored points will be divided by X and then added to the starters perf. The starters perf won't have to be adjusted this way.
No, starter perf file is decided and is in the making. There won't be no poll.
The formula used (adjusted w300) is the most neutral of all since it is the next best thing to a one made in advance. For season 2 at least.
Season 3 starter could be up for a debate. Altough my idea is;

Perf files gained in certain season are divided by two added to season's 1 default. So you lose points gained in previous season, only points taken from the current season will be added to the next season starter file.

For example, Nick Van Der Voort starts season 2 with 16060, let's say you move to 16140 by the end of the season 2. 16140 minus 16060 is 80 which divided by two is 40 and that should be added to original default of 16050.
So your season 3 starter would be 16050+40(gained in season 2)= 16090.

About drivers kicked out etc. Only if you do it and check who's posting!
I won't be doing the "promoting the series rule", cause going back for pages and checking if they posted within a week from qualy was time consuming and annoying as hell.

Calendar yeah, but that's up to RD.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Perf file now online

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
There won't be no poll.

Remember that this is a forums' series, not a dictatorship. Some things can be decided by the GPGSLRS, others can't or shouldn't. As you've seen, there are a lot of views and it has been shown that it's hard to get people to agree. You don't need to explain your system again. All the systems have been explained a million times. We need to make a decision, not repeat ourselves. Repeating yourself isn't going to get it your way. Getting with an awesome new pro will. I haven't seen those though. The poll is the best option because the perf file is something that affects everybody. To get a series running properly, not always the best* system should be chosen, but the most supported one.

*and that's where the problem is, everybody thinks his system is the best.

As for inactive drivers, I won't be checking up for every driver. It's very time consuming indeed. I think the penalty should be scrapped. We have all seen that Fapitalle hasn't been on here for a good time. He's gonna be kicked out. I'll check the drivers list from time to time and if a driver isn't showing up, his teamboss will get a notification. He'll need to get his driver back into the series. You can get two warnings, the third time, you will be shown the door. Of course, this won't happen in a matter of two weeks. I'll check the drivers list after every race, or every second race for instance. Then you have nearly 6 weeks as a team boss to get your driver back. That's more than enough if you ask me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 02:55PM by Nickv.
The method for inactive drivers sounds to me very fair. Certainly, if a driver has not competed for two races, that is already 6 weeks or so indeed, and is a long time not to be intrested. I wouldn't want a driver who was not active for 6 weeks unless he had a good reason (on holiday etc)

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Haha, that's as demagogic as it gets. A dictatorship.
When it comes to things being fair, it has nothing with majority rules.

You can say that a poll would be dictatorship of the majority since we're deciding on known facts and know who'd be (dis)advantaged!
Remember the annuled qualy of Austria? Hm, I guess that decision was fair, when teams voted and Minardi for example lost the most.
For things to be fair, a poll is not right in this case.

In advance yes, a poll for season 3 I agree with, but like I said adjusted w300 formula is the best next thing to a formula made in advance, thus the most neutral.

GPGSL career;
BAR#10 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haha, that's as demagogic as it gets. A
> dictatorship.
> When it comes to things being fair, it has nothing
> with majority rules.
>
> You can say that a poll would be dictatorship of
> the majority since we're deciding on known facts
> and know who'd be (dis)advantaged!
> Remember the annuled qualy of Austria? Hm, I guess
> that decision was fair, when teams voted and
> Minardi for example lost the most.
> For things to be fair, a poll is not right in this
> case.
>
> In advance yes, a poll for season 3 I agree with,
> but like I said adjusted w300 formula is the best
> next thing to a formula made in advance, thus the
> most neutral.

Dictators aren't the same as villains. A dictatorship is a form of leading a country in which only one man takes the decisions.
A dictatorship of the majority is called a democracy.

I do see your point though. Maybe we should start a poll to ask if people want a poll? :P

You keep talking about 'the next best thing', what is the very best thing then?

The new/updated rules need to be finalized before the season starts. If the rules aren't done, there is no new season. So everybody agree, so we can get season 2 rolling :P
You need to take more law and constituional lessons.:p
"A dictatorship of the majority is called a democracy" is not exactly a compliment for the democracy or justification.
There are certain rights and rules that are protected in democracies and majority can't take them away.

I am not a dictator, dear Nick.
Besides, there were/are three informal members of GPGSLRS, Mal,you and me. And Mal said "if you're happy with it, we'll run it" That makes it 2 to 1.:p

But listen I'm tired of ongoing discussion, getting oversaturated with it.
I can easily let go of everything too and leave completely as well,no probs and no hard feelings, I was losing my motivation last year already. The point is I can back down:-)

/And oh by the way, I did not repeat myself few posts above, I upgraded idea for every next seasons perfs if you look closer at all my posts.

GPGSL career;
And Mal said "if you're happy with it, we'll run it" That makes it 2 to 1.:p

He did? Then I have nothing more to say :P

The dictator thing, don't take it too personally. I just pointed out that your tone was a little overruling with an example. Maybe not the greatest example though. Fact is, that if it's two to one, then things are decided and I have nothing more to say on the matter.

I suggest we close this thread down and get everything to the other thread. I will keep up with my drivers list and will update the rules.

Would you mind if I started a new thread with the rules, new perf file, teams list etc all in the first post and let the other two slide down into oblivion?
Go ahead:-)

GPGSL career;
Mal, can you please send me the Shadow livery from season 1. If you need my email drop me a pm :)

Thanks

John
msater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are RaltWest running out of money, Bruno? LOL.
>
> I´m not the best driver? *sob*. :)

Take a closer look at our car, read the little yellow bit, if we were running out of money, we wouldn't be introducing KERS in our cars, would we? ;)

We were never running out of money, we were saving money to develop this technology and the next years car. GPGSL Season 2 will be our year! ;)

booya!! just about to sign a first driver, i will keep you updated shorty, and livery time! :)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
About time, Danm! ;)

GPGSL career;
Dropping this thread. New thread is here: [www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Just wanna say what an awesome season it was, we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun ... sorry got carried away:D
Really from phenomenal races to controversy, fun, a new champion, and last but not lost - entertaining RD race reports, which had me laughing out loud.

The program is out, later GPGSL season 1

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 01:03AM by BAR#10.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy