GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - AI based series - Adelaide Australia Race Results Online.

Posted by Nickv 
@bar10: who is 'we'? i havent heard anything about that gpgslrs proposal.
a new calendar hasnt been made afaik. i am against following f1. gpgsl does not equal f1, so we should have a calendar with peoples fav tracks imo
GPGSLRS always uses the "we", LOL. Like the royal "we", even if it's just one persons idea hahaha.
Now you have heard:p
Calendar, who said anything about calendar? Not us.;)

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
brunoboi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well done to TSS's John and Ed on 10th and 9th in
> the championship respectively to get thi formerly
> great team back up there in the top ten
> consistently!
>
> Where's Wazza anyways? Is Team Shadow to continue
> under my branding with my livery etc?

Right here!

Am really happy with the first season. Ed was brilliant and I wasn't far behind. Happy with my 4th place in the final race =D

Oh and it will continue as Team Shadow =D As long as you can change the livery for me =P I ain't too good in that department haha.
I would say that I could run the races but it would need to be something that would run well on 32MB GFX lol ;). However I am getting a new PC soon with 1GB GFX so...
Awesome pic deserves another LOOK! ROFL of the GPGSL year;)

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 12:59AM by BAR#10.
wooo i didnt crash out
and i finished in the points!
ahahahaha

GPGSL WDC Season 4
hehe thanks for that, expect more wacky coverage in 09 from the fools at GPGTV! ;-)
Whoever has taken over KBR must keep Keeley on, there's no reason why she should lose her race seat, and she has a good S2 perf as well to bring to the team.
Also, I think Marko's number should be 3, he finished third in the championship so he takes his number with him to his new team? New drivers entering get the lowest available number. Drivers fought the season to get their car number, they have the right to keep them for the next season.

Therefore:
1.Philip Oakley
2.Monil Santilal
3.Marko Aleksander
4.Keeley Grant
5.Janis Eglitis
6.Mal Stoddart
7.Kevin Schroeder
8.Nick van der Voort
9.Ed Greenhalgh
10.John Warrington
11.Ricardo van Smirren
12.Jethro Walters
14.Andrew Fuh
15.Randy Winston
16.Matt Houston
17.Bobby Neil
18.Bruno Castelló
19.Ross Cartwright
20.Francisco Fapitalle
21.Dan Paddock
22.Rick Groeneboer
23.Byron van het Bolscher

Kyran Brazier is out, so all drivers from #11 down can move up one number
Byron van het Bolscher takes #23. There is no car number 13.

If Francisco doesn't renew his contract, and is out of the series, then Dan moves up to #20, Rick takes #21 and Byron takes #22, with the new driver taking #23. If Francisco moves to the new KBR replacement team, for example, he takes #20 with him.

Melbourne is the first race, and I'm planning on a season kickoff in mid February sometime. I would like to think that everyone would have their act together and sent me their cars/helmets well before then.
I'm not going to have a firm date calendar as I'm far too busy to be nailed down to a specific weekend. If there are ten events in 09, with the first in February, it leaves one event every month so the season will end in November, allowing for any unforeseeable delays in running an event the latest would be December. If I can, I'll announce at the start of the month when the race can be expected for that particular month.
There would be the usual secret surprise not on the calendar no points event at some time or other just for the fun of it.
For the time being the calendar is the same except Melbourne is tacked on at the start and Adelaide is dropped from the end. Adelaide was a disaster and a pretty crapola wrap up to the season so I'm not sorry to see it go. Everyone knows where Adelaide is and no-one wants to go there, and hey, I've been there once, and that was enough! ;-) First prize, a week in Adelaide, second prize....two weeks in Adelaide!

Once the new perf is done and team owners have sorted driver line-ups etc. the 09 thread can be started for the team launches. :-)
I'd like to nominate Marko for series manager, unless anyone else wants the job, which isn't really a lot anyway, the manager makes special announcements on rule changes, extra races, stuff like that and generally keeps everyone motivated and interested is all.
the main work is perfs (thanks Stoopid, the job is yours, much apreesh ;-)) and RD.

@Marko, we'll run with the 09 starter perf as you've outlined, pass the details to Stoopid and the starter perf can be done. :-)
Let's not fiddle with the points system, I know this years champ didn't actually win any races but he did win the points so it was pretty fair, consistency won in the end.
That's all folks. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
btw, with drivers on equal points, was a countback done?

thanks for the sentiments john and tom, looking forward to continuing with the team next year!

X (@ed24f1)
JohnWarrington Wrote:
>
> Right here!
>
> Am really happy with the first season. Ed was
> brilliant and I wasn't far behind. Happy with my
> 4th place in the final race =D
>
> Oh and it will continue as Team Shadow =D As long
> as you can change the livery for me =P I ain't too
> good in that department haha.

I could stretch to putting new numbers on the car but I'm afraid my new high flying career which restricts me to following the series stupidly early in the mornings and on my days off means I couldn't really do any more than that...

I agree with Mal, the drivers should keep the numbers they earned during the season. I also nominate Marko as series manager. Is Stoopid also running some of the races with you, Mal?

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
As far as I know yes he is. Not sure how many but any help is good and gives me a bit of a break. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Ed, Van der Voort' highest place was 2nd, yours was third, that's why he's infront of you. I've checked with others on equal points too.

Mal,
Numbers
I like the idea. The series isn't only about teams, but also about drivers.
One thing though. I think a driver should keep his number as a showing of the rank in previous season. I actually don't see why 13 should be ommitted. What, no black cats on the livery either?? LOL.
Superstition shouldn't dictate GPGSL, unless a driver specifically request he doesn't want it.

However like I said, the number goes with the driver, so teams know what number to paint on the car. Your idea of moving up a number if someone withdraws has a flaw; see, what if a team already paints a number and then someone withdraws. We're all farked.

So I suggest, the place a driver finished in previous championship is a driver' number. New drivers can choose a number between 23 and 30 (or more if more newcomers enter).

If a drivers pulls out that number should be ommitted. Brazier for example won't be in season 2, so No. 11 is ommitted under my proposal.

1.Philip Oakley
2.Monil Santilal
3.Marko Aleksander
4Keeley Grant*
5Janis Eglitis
6Mal Stoddart
7Kevin Schroeder
8Nick van der Voort
9Ed Greenhalgh
10John Warrington
12Ricardo van Smirren
13Jethro Walters*
14Andrew Fuh
15Randy Winston
16Matt Houston *
17Bobby Neil *
18Bruno Castelló
19Ross Cartwright*
20Francisco Fapitalle*
21Dan Paddock
22Rick Groeneboer
23.Byron van het Bolscher

*Not confirmed yet*,(if I missed a confirmation, my apoligies):

Season 2 (2009)
One race a month is a little to slow, me thinks. Simply beacuse the season will be stretched through the entire year, and remember this is the internet, people come and go. The dynamics of the first season was great, we had 10 races in less than three months. If Stu will help you run it, I hope we can keep up with the pace, and finish it before summer?
Maybe Season 3 in the fall? I dunno, let's take one step at the time.
But entire year for one season could be a road to the "ghost town".

Manager
If we learnt one thing, this year we need two person for one job. Everyone need a righthand man, a replacement if he/she can't be online (or loses interest).
For now I could take the role of rules/regulations, announcements, GPGSLRS stuff, but there'd have to be a 2nd in command.

I won't able to compile the mod, or have files sent to me. If that isn't included in the job, then fine.
So a series pusher (what Nickv was/is doing) should be someone else's. Stoopid, Nickv or both?

GPGSL career;
Is there anything I could do? Doesn't look like I'm gonna be offered a drive next season but I'm following the series anyway ;)
Files are sent to me as I'm compiling the mod. Send all files to mortal.www.grandprixgames.org@gmail.com and pm me when you email in case I haven't checked.
We can have more races, or same number more often as long as I get help with that.

Double F search a 2nd driver still! Everyone who is interested, write me a PM. ^^
I propose a calendar of 12 races:

A1 Ring- Austria*
Melbourne- Australia*
Rio-Brazil
Bahrain Circuit
Monte Carlo
Montreal-Canada
Silverstone-Britain
Old Hockenheim- Germany
Spa-Belguim
Hungaroring- Hungary
Monza- Italy
Suzuka- Japan

* Don´t know which should be first, the RD(s) can decide this.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 01:48PM by msater.
IDEA FOR TEAM OWNERS LOOKING FOR DRIVERS
How about a test for all the drives (or the ones you're interested in) looking for a seat. A test session and the you pick the fastest one in the "shoot out".
We'd need an RD for that, but it could make things interesting
You can find the list of drivers looking for a seat on page one, first post.

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 01:58PM by BAR#10.
sounds like a good idea

BAR#10 Wrote:
> Ed, Van der Voort' highest place was 2nd, yours
> was third, that's why he's infront of you. I've
> checked with others on equal points too.

BAR#10 Wrote:
> However like I said, the number goes with the
> driver, so teams know what number to paint on the
> car. Your idea of moving up a number if someone
> withdraws has a flaw; see, what if a team already
> paints a number and then someone withdraws. We're
> all farked.

a few options there. in terms of teams pulling out; in real f1, they leave it as is. for example, in 2002 when prost pulled out late toyota were 24 and 25 despite only 11 teams.

however, if you want numbers for drivers rather than teams, why not make it like nascar, dtm, v8 supercars etc. where you can have whatever number you want (below 100) and you can keep that as long as you like. of course the championship winner gets number 1.

X (@ed24f1)
I prefer the rank number idea.
If a driver pulls out, his (rank) number is out.
Check your PM, Ed.

GPGSL career;
Personally I prefer Eds idea, you pick a number that you want to race with and carry that on until you want to leave the series

Just like Nascar and MotoGP, seems better than the ranking thing

If not Eds idea just do the team thing, Champion takes number 1 and then constructors championship placings used to decide the numbers for the other teams

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy