GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - AI based series - Adelaide Australia Race Results Online.

Posted by Nickv 
Couldn't we just stay with the numbers using the constructors?

I mean, its much easier for everyone painting the car on which number they will get regardless of where they finished in the season. For example if you finished higher than your team mate then you get the higher number in the team for example 16 and if you finished lower than him you get number 17. Tbh, i'm actually against the numbers proposed.
Season 2 line up
MINARDI: 1.Oakley/7.Schroeder
DOUBLE F 2.Santilal/ TBA
PHOENIX: 5Eglitis/6 Stoddart
"KBR": TBA/TBA
SHADOW:9Greenhalgh/10 Warrington
VELOX:8Van der Voort/TBA
DER:23 Van Het Bolscher/TBA
RALTWEST 14Fuh /18 Castello
ALPHA:15Winston/TBA
IER:12 Van Smirren/ 22 Groenenber
MPR:3Aleksander/21Paddock

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Dan, Monil, the numbers by drivers rank is a symbolic idea as well. Mal made it and I agree, it acknowledges the drivers and their effort.

Not everyting is about teams and consturctors, especially cause is one car shape fits all in GPGSL.;)

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
But if a team that did well last year but is getting new drivers, they would be in the same position as last year.
No, team place on the perfomance file moves up according to the place they finished in constructors.

Here's the perf file rule for season 2 again

that perf file is reset too 780, 800 bhp, however with added BHP to teams and drivers regarding how they finished OFCOURSE.
TEAMS: 1ST team should get 5 extra BHP, 2nd 4 BHP, teams who finished 3rd to 5th get 3BHP, teams from 6th to 8th get 2 BHP, 9th to 11th get 1 BHP
780 BHP 800 BHP

MINARDI +5 BHP
DOUBLE F +4
Phoenix Racing +3
KBR +3
Shadow Subaru +3
Velox +2
DER +2
RaltWest +2
Alpha +1
Italian English Racing +1
MPR +1

DRIVERS: 1st driver gets 22 extra perf points, 2nd 21, 3rd 20 perf points, every next driver one point less etc, so 22nd gets 1 extra perf point.
16020, 600, 16050, 600
Oakley +22
Santial +21
Paddock +1

New drivers have a default perf file, but without extra points, differences are small however. If they join existing team, they will enjoy team+s extra BHP though.

GPGSL career;
I'm with Ed here. I don't want to have one of my drivers have a signifigantly higher number than the other because he is a better driver. I'd rather see my drivers fight to have number 1 on the car, or have to settle for there favourite number. Ordering drivers is basically saying, Number 1 - You are the best. Number 22 (soz Rick) - You are the worst. That is in no way fair and I don't want to see this used. This can also mean less fuss about changes in liveries etc.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
.Re: GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - AI based series - Adelaide Australia Race Results Online. new
Date: January 02, 2009 02:58PM
Posted by: Gaulty (IP Logged)

I'm with Ed here. I don't want to have one of my drivers have a signifigantly higher number than the other because he is a better driver. I'd rather see my drivers fight to have number 1 on the car, or have to settle for there favourite number. Ordering drivers is basically saying, Number 1 - You are the best. Number 22 (soz Rick) - You are the worst. That is in no way fair and I don't want to see this used. This can also mean less fuss about changes in liveries etc.

So we should drop the drivers championship table too?
That's where the current ranking is produced with every race.

/ I was suppose to have the lowest no.( 23) by the old rule and I finished third. Didn't care.
//I bet if Rick wins a race, you wont mind his number on the current car. I mean that in a nice way:-)

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 03:07PM by BAR#10.
Yeah, I mean look at my team

One driver is number 3 and one is 21

Will look crazy, what about using the old numbering system that used to be used in F1

The team owners pick any two numbers to have on their cars and they stick with them unless they win the championship

So Minardi are champions this season so for next season are car 1 and 2

Then next season say Double F are champions then they switch numbers

Double F get car 1 and 2 and Minardi get whatever numbers that Double F had for that season

Means less changing of numbers because of driver changes, only teams that change numbers are former champs and the new champs

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
BAR#10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So we should drop the drivers championship table
> too?
> That's where the current ranking is produced with
> every race.

I didn't say that. The drivers championship should be used to determine the winner of the series, therefore the correct and rightful owner of number 1 on his car. Everyone else has the option to choose a number, say, 3, 23 or 85. It works in MotoGP etc.

Either that, or constructors like Monil says. Basically, I don't want drivers championship finishing order. Cos that is throwing out the constructors championship, which would ultimatly, make my job worthless.

GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
6 Time Race Winners
The order WILL NOT BE CHANGED by drivers finishing in the perf file.
It will be changed by the way Teams finished.
Just numbers on the cars and perf files(infront of drivers name) will be different!

/ I was suppose to have the lowest no.( 23) by the old rule and I finished third. Didn't care.
//I bet if Rick wins a race, you wont mind his number on the current car. I mean that in a nice way:-)

GPGSL career;
Amazing we are arguing about car numbers really.

The constructors works well, 1 and 2 for Team X, 3 and 4 for Team Y and so on. No problem, easy to work out. Gives champion the number 1. No problem.

6 Time Race Winners
Re: GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - AI based series - Adelaide Australia Race Results Online.
Date: January 02, 2009 02:27AM
Posted by: mortal (IP Logged)

Also, I think Marko's number should be 3, he finished third in the championship so he takes his number with him to his new team? New drivers entering get the lowest available number. Drivers fought the season to get their car number, they have the right to keep them for the next season.

Like I said I did not care, Mal however raises a good point.
It's aknowledging drivers efforts. Is it new and different idea? Yes.
Should we deny it just because we aint use to it yet? Don't think so.

GPGSL career;
BAR#10 Wrote:
> It's aknowledging drivers efforts. Is it new and
> different idea? Yes.

Yes it is. However, but, what ends up happening of the constructors championship? It wouldn't acknowledge how the teams faired in that season, just the driver.

> Should we deny it just because we aint use to it
> yet? Don't think so.

It may sound as if I am writing it off because I feel it is a bad suggestion. I don not feel that way, any suggestion is worth listening to and should be taken into consideration. However, my opinion is that I do not like it due to the reasons I have suggested above.

6 Time Race Winners
But if we use the drivers numbers what's the main point of the constructors table?

For Example, last year DER were #22 and #23 and for S2 If i were to get another new driver DER would be up in the pitlane but it wouldn't make a difference. The constructors numbers show that teams have moved up.

If Dan's team were to move up after a really good 2nd season, he would want to show it and have his drivers fight it out for a good number in the team and not with the whole grid. Whole Grid fighting is what the constructors is for.
To be honest, it's somewhat "weird" or confusing to me too.
It also does change perception that GPGSL is F1 wannabe. Maybe that's not bad. And it may take time to get use to it.
I hear ya about conctructors efforts though. It's confusing in a way looing it from F1 viewpoint, like random numbers would be too these days.
From drivers perception is clear though, but it would work better if every driver had different livery, hehe.
It's not set in stone yet.

GPGSL career;
Monza972 Wrote:
>
>
> If Dan's team were to move up after a really good
> 2nd season

Where is Dan anyway?

GPGSL career;
BAR#10 Wrote:
> Monza972 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > If Dan's team were to move up after a really
> good
> > 2nd season
>
> Where is Dan anyway?

He just replied on the previous page ;)
No, I meant Danm, who is taking over KBR?

GPGSL career;
Marko, are you still intrested in having a number 2/series pusher with you.

For the calendar, may I suggest the dates be used be :

February 15th
March 1st
March 15th
March 29th
April 12th
April 26th
May 10th
May 17th
May 31st
June 14th

6 Time Race Winners
Ofcourse, but let's wait till Nickv comes back incase you're offering. Besiedes, we'll need a clear divison of different tasks, so any help is welcome.
Calendar dates seem fine,but Mal is far too busy to set dates in stone, unless another RD steps up when needed.

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 04:01PM by BAR#10.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy