GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: August 19, 2010 01:29PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Hi Guys!
We have a problem in MagnyCours 1991 and 1994 (Slot 7) and 1993 (slot 8), in the entrance of pitlane in are very slow…:-(
I tried to work in dat and I did not obtain no progress…
I have mod of 1999 without TSM and in Magny-Cours also it has this problem… the stranger is that the original order of Magny-Cours is in slot 10 and if I to change the order pra any another position, occur this problem…
In mod 2004, saw TSM, the track is in the original position (slot 10) and everything functions well…
already I changed dats of 1994 for of 2004 and also I placed an original S1CT10 and continues slow very…
grateful

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: August 22, 2010 01:00PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Could you send me the dat file?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 22, 2010 04:06PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Hi!
the problem is change of the order of the tracks for TSM…
I made tests and I disactivated the border GPxTrack.SET, the cars had been flying, but the speed was normal in the entrance of boxes, that is, the problem is in the change of the order of the tracks…

grateful

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: August 31, 2010 10:02PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Are there any hard and fast rules for the track meshes ? I've noticed on some tracks that the corners can be very blocky.
So I worked out an accurate method the smooth out the corners using splines in Max whilst retaining the elevations.

Here's a rough video of the process...

Thing is I've come across problems when importing them back into Builder, they sometimes don't show up in game.
Do they have to follow correct naming sequence, or number of track meshes ? Any guidelines I should be following ?

thanks

F1Dev
Date: September 01, 2010 12:16PM
Posted by: Prblanco
The only requirement is that the objects must be TRACK_ class. What comes after doesn't matter.

There was a bug long ago when some objects didn't appear ingame for whatever reason, the solution was to export as a .3ds and reimport the object. However I don't know if that bug still persists in newer GP4Builder versions.

But you can achieve a similar effect with the HD feature in GP4Builder (when creating track from .dat file), in this particular case you showed I don't see why HD wouldn't work. Try experimenting with it unless you prefer to model the whole track in Max.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: September 01, 2010 02:42PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Same here... objects must be TRACK_ class.

Anyway, it´s a valuable job, mate... At last there are some guys thinking ways to build tracks, instead of convert, convert, and convert...

Date: September 01, 2010 02:50PM
Cheers Paulo I overlooked the HD feature, and I assumed you needed to do this when creating a DAT, and not when "Creating Track From DAT".

But for me It smooths the inside of the lines but not the outside, If that has anything to do with the dat I'm going to have to hassle gildoorf, ( I can't make dats) :)

I know lo2k is developing this area, so maybe that's to come.

It's not much work in max to fix this tho' I'm just a stickler for precision (H)

Oh.....the mesh I couldn't see had "track" in the name, I just renamed it and it shows fine now.

thx for the info

F1Dev
Date: September 01, 2010 03:22PM
Hey gildoorf, you posted while I was replying.
I'm using your .dat to create a HD version in Max, using splines and snapping them to your accurate elevations.....here's proof ..he he

now that's what you call a "run off" ;)

and can we have this "Auto Embed You Tube" feature in the f1v forum? it's cool.
Date: September 01, 2010 08:58PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@ramf1v : you just missed this checkbox :

And yes you need to have it enable when you convert track from .dat if you want to get HD .gp4 meshes as convert feature is WYSIWYG.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2010 09:02PM by Lo2k.
Date: September 01, 2010 10:02PM
Thx Lo2k, gildoorf just explained that to me as well, very neat feature....which I overlooked....because I don't read manuals.......:-O

I'm using the export scene to 3ds now, I like the way it breaks up the mesh into sections, much easier to map...which is probably why it does it...
Date: September 02, 2010 03:13PM
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And yes you need to have it enable when you
> convert track from .dat if you want to get HD .gp4
> meshes as convert feature is WYSIWYG.

Do you mean Create Track From dat, ?? When I Convert Track to 3ds it's not HD.
It's easier to get the 3ds into max when I Convert...something to do with the internal naming in the 3ds file format causes name conflicts when i import 1000+ files.
Date: September 02, 2010 05:59PM
Yep, I meant Create track from .dat.
Converting a .dat to .3ds doesn't use HD settings but if you have hundreds of .3ds files, it means you are converting the .gp4 objects to .3ds and in that case, recreating track from .dat first (with HD settings) and then converting these objects will give you HD .3ds meshes.

Date: September 02, 2010 07:26PM
lol you mean exporting ? :)

When i export to 3ds I get 1058 files (after i have deleted the REFLECTED meshes) when I import them into Max I get lots of naming conflicts so the resulting mesh files are named different to those in builder. ( a limitation of the 3ds file format )

I just chatted to gildoorf and it's unavoidable... so I'll let this one lie ;)
Date: September 15, 2010 02:52PM
Posted by: tumyeto
hello,
hello, I want to know how to properly connect the pit lane at the track.
I positioned the first sector of the pit lane on a section of the road but when I click on this sector and I create the command "connect pitlane start" I have to place a double order is being created and that the me made a mistake in the track flag list.
thank you
Date: September 15, 2010 03:51PM
Posted by: Gigi4
tumyeto Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hello, > hello, I want to know how to properly connect the > pit lane at the track. > I positioned the first sector of the pit lane on a > section of the road but when I click on this > sector and I create the command "connect pitlane > start" I have to place a double order is being > created and that the me made a mistake in the > track flag list. > thank you

it could sound obvious, but have you deleted original connect pitlane end flag?

Date: September 15, 2010 04:03PM
I deleted the original pit lane with the exception of the first area I relocated to the new pitlane.
Date: September 15, 2010 06:54PM
the problem is solved by cons I understand the technique for the elevation of the runway
Date: September 17, 2010 04:31PM
Posted by: Gigi4
When creating gp4 from dat GP4Builder (1.406) gives error once creating walls. If I create other thing it works well. What can I do?

Date: September 18, 2010 05:34PM
hello,
I meet a lot of problems to create the pits of my circuit, a person would it help me if I sent my dat?
thank you
Date: September 18, 2010 06:50PM
@GIgi4 : you can send me your .dat and I will check what's wrong with it.

@Tumyeto : it might be better to create your own thread and to show at least a capture of your track flag list do know what's wrong with your pitlane.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy