GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: March 05, 2010 04:46AM
Posted by: Macca25
If the limit of tracks is only 17,
how do you make a 2010 mod with 19 tracks in it?

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: March 07, 2010 10:20PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Via Track Set Manager. Look at the homepage of ZaZ Tools.

I noticed when you create the col file from the gp4 file instead of the dat file, the pit muppets cannot be seen anymore ingame. More people noticed this?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: March 07, 2010 11:18PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@turbo_Lover : That's because you did not set TRACK class to your .gp4 garage floor objects.

Date: March 09, 2010 06:52PM
Thanks Laurent, maybe i should read your guide.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: March 09, 2010 09:41PM
Date: March 15, 2010 01:54AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Laurent:

I´m with huge trouble on new detachment process for 1.350XE.

For some reason, faces detached assume next tga texture. Also CTRL+Part XX feature is not working properly since it gets more than one face at time...

It´s not working as well as last version, that´s all for now. Maybe I can explain better at MSN.

Best regards from Brasil

Date: March 15, 2010 06:56PM
For some reason, faces detached assume next tga texture.
Yep, it's designed this way to avoid confusion between faces of currently selected part and newly detached part.

Also CTRL+Part XX feature is not working properly...
I can't tell for this one. Multiselection is very touchy...

Date: March 17, 2010 01:52AM
Posted by: pimpones1
Lo2k

i searched but i didnt find an answer and maybe you can .

in tools/ material editor..

is there any diference in game when you change the values of the power of materials?

im asking cos im converting a track and it shows the same problem when converting some cars..

it blinks to black color.

i changed the track part displace V= -1 but the problem still happens.

any idea?

thanks for any reply
Date: March 17, 2010 01:54PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Hi!

I do not obtain to modify the places of the partial ones (split) in BUENOS AIRES 1997…

I modified the places in the INITIAL SECTOR, saved .dat and substitutes…

In the game I perceived that .dat is certain, therefore some alterations that I made in the cameras are correct, but the places of splits had not changed…

Some solution?

grateful

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: March 17, 2010 06:05PM
@pimpones : I don't know exactly what Power does and if it has any influency ingame personnality. This would need some tests and trials.

Concerning black parts and as it seems more people are getting such kind of troubles (probably due to more conversions attempts), here are the 2 main reasons :
- TEX file texture size do not match Maximal sizes. To fix this, simply save biggest of the 4 textures and import it again to replace actual one. If maximal sizes changed, then sizes were wrong. Downsample biggest texture (via right click) to create lowest ones and save your .tex. Done.
- Second possibility : you converted a car from another game and some of the mapping coords have values out of 0 to 1 range. (Some user got 1 to 2 range). In this case, you ought to get values back to 0-1 range (in the case of my user, I just asked him to use the texture displace feature, using U=0 and V=-1 to be sure all his values will be back in 0-1 range).

@Cleberpister : custom split sectors are only available in game if you use GPxPatch because it's indeed a gpxpatch "extension". Are you sure you used GPxpatch when you tested the track ?

Date: March 26, 2010 09:08PM
With importing a 3d model with a z value of 0,000 in GP4Builder the z value is getting changed to 0,001. It's freaking me out, because i'm importing a huge piece of landscape. Could that be corrected?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: March 27, 2010 10:10AM
You can manualy displace any object by setting its Center position (to 0 in your case) in Object Properties window.
I will make some tests thought.

Date: March 29, 2010 02:21PM
Posted by: tumyeto
I have a problem that I can not find the solution.
I have a building composed of many parts that are all grouped together, the building is therefore no longer a part in the end. in this building, there are barriers to windows and so I made a texture that I wanted to make transparent.
I backup dds DXT5 full transparency (I tested also semi transparent DXT1) and once in the game is almost all the building transparent to deviant. when I return the texture on opaque, everything becomes normal.
So in the end I spend this :

I unbundled the parties concerned so that they become independent of the building but this does not change

thanks for you help
Date: March 30, 2010 11:18PM
Posted by: spoodge
I had a similar problem with the same building. You need to have all objects separated.
I made the windows transparent, but they were grouped with the building, which also became transparent, so as you did, I separated them into individual objects, but the building was still transparent. It stayed transparent until I broke it down into individual objects.
I use 3ds Max for modeling and export the 3ds.
With "Editable Mesh" you can use the "Explode" function to break up the mesh.
With "Editable Poly" you can use the "Break" function at sub-object vertex level, select all the Verts and hit break
Import the 3ds into Builder and un-group all the parts in the 3ds.
If you use 3ds max , Neil Blevins has a cool Object Detacher Script that does the same thing.
I think this is what you meant ;)

f1virtual

r@m
Date: March 31, 2010 12:26AM
Posted by: drt01
spoodge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a similar problem with the same building.
> You need to have all objects separated.

i agree with this solution to solve building display problem in game..
in gp4 builder use un-group part function to separate building

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Date: March 31, 2010 05:50PM
Posted by: tumyeto
I created this building from gp4 builder, I do not know other software so apparently I can not find the solution.
Date: March 31, 2010 07:30PM
The solution could be to detach faces receiving transparent texture in new parts and then un-group these parts to new separated objects all in GP4 Builder.

Date: April 06, 2010 03:49AM
Posted by: maxi82
a question!!
in the editor zmodeler objects are correctly

but during the game looks bad

any suggestions?
pd:I have the same problem as friend tumyeto
sorry my bad English,is not my language :(

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2010 06:33PM by maxi82.
Date: April 06, 2010 10:56PM
And solution is the same than for tumyeto :
- use DXT5+full transparency as fewer as possible and for transparency textures only (check that your red roof texture is not in DXT5 and if so, set it to DXT1 no transparency.
- detach/ungroup transparent faces to separated parts or separated objects
- at worst, use one object for front faces, one for side faces and one for back faces (only for transparent faces, opaque ones could stay all together in one object)

Date: April 08, 2010 03:09AM
Posted by: maxi82
lo2k I still have the same problem, follow the steps you gave me and it looks bad :(

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy