Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: September 09, 2009 09:30PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Lo2k schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn' !
> Ok, it's fixed for next release. Thanks for the
> report.

Laurent, since the previous version of GP4 Builder the edges of a face are not highlighted anymore when selected, is that for a reason or a bug?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 10, 2009 06:04PM
Posted by: Lo2k
well, it's since 1.237 as far as I can check but I made several changes that could act on highlighted edges so I will see what I can do.

Date: September 10, 2009 10:20PM
Posted by: plodekk
Problem corrected in the course of adelaide I'm adapting for 1991.

1-

2-

Thanks Paulo!

Track-Packs 1988-1991-1993-1994-1995-1997-1999
Date: October 20, 2009 08:12PM
Posted by: lagmvdlav
Creating my track for GP4. Help me.
Error while I am playing with my circuit

Before anything, to apologize for my difficulties with the language

I have built a track for GP4. Everything has gone well but, sometimes, when an opponent has an accident, instead of retiring immediately of the track it remains a time circulating for behind.

Somebody knows how can I solve it?

If I should solve this problem, I could upload the track.

Thank you everyone
Date: October 24, 2009 05:04PM
Posted by: senna9194
Lo2k,i've got some problems with lastests version of gp4builder:

1-when i open a *.gp4,i see that objects's wireframe(this with cars) is black,but if i select one object(e.g. nose_cone),wireframe colour changes to default colour.

2-when i convert .dat to gp4(a bit slower yet)i see the same problem of 1(see above) with new track objects.

3-gp4builder creates tarmac surface twice.

4-i don't know why,but ingame i have a graphical problem with canuga speedway's last sector;in last corners tarmac becomes trasparent(only on human player's t-cam),i already did .bin and .col files,but nothing.

My GPGSL Career
Date: October 28, 2009 05:21PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
Hello Laurent,

if i opened the Track Flag list, i have this error for my pitlane for all sector's:
"Error incorrect Verge Flag value"

how can i fix that problem?

KTC
Date: October 28, 2009 06:03PM
@Kimi : I don't know how you get to have errors for each and every pitlane sector (but would be interested in knowing it) but verges flags are set by the kerbs and gates you set for each sector (in each sector properties window).
When you enable/disable kerbs feeling or fence gate for any sector, you can see that the verges flag value in the box a bit below is changing accordely. This "flag" only accept a bunch of values and it seems yours are out of bound.
The simplest way to fix it is to set the verges flag value to 0 for each sector manualy and then set again kerbs feelings and fence gates where needed.

Date: October 28, 2009 06:51PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
it's really funny. when i clicked on "gate" the error is fixed. when i cklicked "gate" again (not activated), the error is fix again ;)
Date: October 31, 2009 12:00PM
Posted by: spoodge
Is it possible to have more than one tvanim.tex?
I'm assuming no, as I've never seen different screens on any track I've played
If no....is there a limit to the number of frames in the tvanim.tex, and is it possible to change the speed of the playback ?

So far i can't get this to work with my experimenting....

thx
Date: October 31, 2009 12:29PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, each track can have different images on the screens - most of the newer released ones do.

I haven't experimented with different frames or playback speeds, but i don't think it is possible.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 31, 2009 01:00PM
yup I know I can change the images, what I want is different images on different screens...tvanim.tex - tvanim01.tex - tvanim02.tex etc......mapped onto screen - screen01 - screen02.....another game limitation ? ;)
Date: October 31, 2009 01:16PM
Not sure if that is possible - if you haven't been able to do it so far through experimenting, I doubt it is possible then.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 31, 2009 02:09PM
yup ...sadly ground to a halt on this one too :(

Anything given the "SCREEN" attribute in builder, displays the tvanim.tex, same as anything named "visor" displays visor.tex...no way of assigning individual textures..... dammit!!...GEOFF!!! ;)
Date: October 31, 2009 07:11PM
Could anybody give me some tips when modeling in 3DS Max and importing into GP4 Builder?
I have no problem modeling, it's just my meshes don't seem optimized, I've noticed the meshes in the gp4 file are very triangular in structure.
Are there hard and fast rules for creating model for a track ? I'm currently modeling the Yas Marina Hotel for the Abu Dhabi track, it works in game, but i doubt it's fully optimized.

I model using Edit Poly, when I'm finished I convert to Editable Patch (this gives me the triangulation)....then convert to Editable Mesh and turn Edges to get rid of unnecessary faces before export.

Would this be an acceptable way of modeling for GP4 ?
Date: October 31, 2009 11:58PM
Method sounds quite good for some good quality result and whatever the way you will do it, abu dhabi hotel will result in some heavy polycount mesh so you might go with it.
If you want further optimization advices, just post a wireframe screen of the hotel (hit F4 in GP4Builder).

Date: November 01, 2009 01:27AM
I've just made a lo-poly version of the roof (36,160 polys)....;)
GP4 Builder said no.....what's the import limit?

I cranked the poly count down to 3,000, then broke it up into 500 poly sections, but still won't import?? I imported a 2,500 poly section with no problems yesterday, what might I be doing wrong ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2009 02:01AM by spoodge.
Date: November 01, 2009 09:34AM
Posted by: senna9194
try to import it in zmodeler then export it in gp4 format

My GPGSL Career
Date: November 01, 2009 11:29AM
@senna9194 ....Oh Yus.... ;)...it's in the game!, thx....but It's displaying as a one sided material....the glass and frame are planar at the mo' to reduces the number of polys...the noddles are small boxes......am I right in thinking the mesh needs two or more faces to display properly ?

Very early test, just to see it in game...more shaping required ...this is 36,000 polys ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2009 11:51AM by spoodge.
Date: November 01, 2009 01:02PM
looks great so far!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 01, 2009 02:57PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Great modelling skills spoodge.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy