-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, you using version 1.540 ?
>

yes

My GPGSL Career
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: September 23, 2011 01:33PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
GP4Builder shows in this window that the left track width of pitlane sector 22 is 1.43 metres:

However, in the window "Edit Pitlane sector" the the left track width of pitlane sector 22 is 1.81 metres:

Which window shows the correct information? Hopefully this can be fixed in a new release of GP4Builder. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 23, 2011 09:46PM
Posted by: Lo2k
There are two things here :
- First, B4 and B5 commands settings are applying to next sector (you can see it by changing the width value for sector 22 and you will see changes applied to sector 23 in the 3d view) so if you want to check sector 22 width you need to check sector 21 width commands
- second, there's effectively a little difference because pitlane includes sidelines (while they are separated for track) but I missed to add sidelines width in the command label

So the advice is : always trust sector windows (were all values are gathered in metres and degrees).

This has been fixed for next revision though. Thanks for the report :)

Date: September 24, 2011 04:43PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
If I understand correctly the sidelines of the pit lane sectors are in the current version of GP4Builder not graphically shown and physically wise not there?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 24, 2011 09:38PM
For the pitlane, sidelines are jip texture applied to tarmac and thus they are graphically shown if you have the .jip file in the same folder as the track you opened.
I don't know what you mean by physicaly but pitlane tarmac widths are graphicaly correct and all the values were correct too but the B4/B5 command width label as said above.

Date: October 11, 2011 07:48PM
Posted by: cleberpister
The archive .gp4 has size limt?
I am editing a file and when the track goes from 16.500mb gives error on the loading screen?
What should I do?
Grateful (B)

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: November 07, 2011 10:50PM
Posted by: TheDarkListener
I have a big problem with the pitlane exit...

i drive with the car to point one...but from one moment to another moment the car appear near the point 2 in the same direction like the arrow...

Another one...where can i found the jip file?

BMW Sauber Ferrari
Ferrari F10
Virgin Racing
Ferrari F150
Marussia Virgin Racing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2011 10:51PM by TheDarkListener.
Date: November 08, 2011 05:35AM
Posted by: auscain
The gridleft.tga and gridline.tga ship with GP4builder, to enable you to see them, and edit them into place. However you can also find them Grand Prix4\maps\resources\jams.
In regard to that first problem it’s a bit of a mystery to me. Did you replace the .bin files in the wad?
Date: November 08, 2011 01:24PM
Date: November 08, 2011 06:10PM
TheDarkListener : car jumps are most often due to bad or incorrect flags. Is everything OK in the Tools Menu\Track flag list ?

Date: November 10, 2011 07:16PM
@TheDarkListener : Well I don't know then and it might need a deeper look at it. If you can't find a solution, juste share or send me a link to your .dat file and I will check it asap (I'm away from home up to monday though).

Date: November 10, 2011 07:35PM
Posted by: jimbob1
TheDarkListener Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [img849.imageshack.us]
> ng
>
> All okay...

I can remember having something similar to this a while back & Lo2k suggested that it may be a flag command in the wrong place...so try moving say the flag command for pitlane fences end to the next sector etc & see if this fixes the bump..

after re-reading your post check & see if you have added a bank description where the pitlane exits & joins the track....this also causes the car to jump from the pitlane onto track.

also..i have a bit of time available tonight..send me the dat file to check if you like.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 07:43PM by jimbob1.
Date: November 10, 2011 08:24PM
it's pretty odd to me.....maybe i haven't been keeping up with gp4 builder features but...i can't understand why the pitlane has banks with no f5 bank description flag commands ? still looking & everything looks correct except for this..
Date: November 10, 2011 08:35PM
atm i dunno............send the dat to lo2k.....expect for what i mentioned in above post can't see whats causing that weird bug..
Date: November 10, 2011 09:27PM

send the dat to lo2k
I've done it :)
i hope he can find the solution :)

BMW Sauber Ferrari
Ferrari F10
Virgin Racing
Ferrari F150
Marussia Virgin Racing
Date: November 10, 2011 11:06PM
@THeDarkListener : I quickly checked your file and would advise to create banks commands (F5) for both left and right sides between pitalen fence begin and pitlane fence end flagged sectors. I was thinking about these commands too but looking at your .dat and at original .dat too, it could fix the trouble (even if you set banks width to 0).

Date: November 11, 2011 06:04PM
Date: November 22, 2011 09:27PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Is there any visual indicator in GP4 builder that shows me precisely where the car will appear in the garage when Qualifying / Free Practice ? I notice on a lot of tracks the positioning is a bit off ;-), or can anyone recommend a method.

thx

F1Dev
Date: November 23, 2011 11:42PM
Cars are by default evenly placed in the garage atop the three sectors each garage is occupying.
but Magic Data are also used for garage car position (and direction).
I don't remind much about this but it was tweaked by some modders for Monaco for instance to make the car position closer to the pitlane and at 45° of the pitlane (old pitlane configuration of course).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy