*****GP4 Track editing*****

Posted by Eugenio Faria 
Re: *****GP4 Track editing*****
Date: February 07, 2005 05:39AM
Posted by: Simo
GREAT! I don't even play GP4 anymore (computer troubles) and it makes me excited. You guys are doing an awesome job

----------------------------------------------------------------

Date: February 07, 2005 10:23AM
Posted by: tobeast
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Tobeast: No because I'm mostly on the .dat for
> now and I can't do everything at the same time...

OK I just wanted to know if it's already possible in version 11.7.

Date: February 07, 2005 10:36AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Looks great Xero ,hopefully you will get permission to release it when you are ready.
Date: February 07, 2005 11:38AM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Xero: Well, it doesn't fix cc-line display in anyway badly...

@Tobeast: sorry if my answer feels a bit sharp but no, new version still havn't this (pretty hard to add) feature.

Date: February 07, 2005 02:20PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
Lo2k, what do you see when you look at this picture of melbourne?

:)
(i THINK i know what the cause is of the bad ccline display)(THINK, not 100% sure, but my spidersense is itching :+)

Date: February 07, 2005 02:22PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Great discover Maverick if you have found it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2005 02:22PM by vesuvius.
Date: February 07, 2005 02:39PM
Posted by: Xero
That would be a great find if your right. Please say your not just cheating and modified the ccline? ;)
Date: February 07, 2005 03:04PM
well i did kinda, there is the shift and my believes are it is just wrong interttepted, so i removed al the shifts, but then the layout is not right cause shift IS used in the original tracks to make the layout fit, so when i removed a shift i did a small adjustment to the bend so it would still follow the track, and removed the next shift value.

did it to hockenheim too, here's what happened.
before

after

Only thing i altered was the shift, wich where al just removed, and a few radiuses.
no sections added or removed at any time. and alltough these tracks dont seem to work ingame, i think lo2k can have a good look at the code for the shift, because if you see what it did in these tracks, there is a very very big chance that thats where the error is.

btw, lo2k, i have some other thing that seems odd to mee, dont know how come it happens and why, maybe you can see it [maverick.dynasoft.nl]

Date: February 07, 2005 03:18PM
I think it's known that the shift values are causing these inaccuracies. The initial section ShiftAngle currently only supports integer values, but most tracks require a double or float value to get them working correctly.

I know that the .dat itself only supports an integer value, but isn't it possible to use floats for 3DEditor, just to get the ccline lined up? Once changes are made this value is removed anyway, so the .dat won't have to deal with it.
Date: February 07, 2005 03:27PM
hm, now you mention it, i did read that somewhere :+ ah well, it looks nice this way :) maybe lo2k can figure it out, who knows....

Date: February 07, 2005 04:51PM
Posted by: kimirgj
great work people, it would be good if the tracks worked ingame when you edited maverick.

keep it up :) :)
Date: February 07, 2005 05:18PM
Posted by: Alesi_fan
@ Xero/ I just saw your Barcelona changes. What I can see its right on spot :)
Looks great. Is it driveble too?

U/
Date: February 07, 2005 05:39PM
@Lo2k: it did not sound bad. I just don't know how to handle in ZM... but still no problem. The DAT is most important now.
btw: Anyone successfully rebuilt Melbourne? When I change the pitlane track crashes...
Date: February 07, 2005 05:43PM
Not yet. Having ccline troubles again :(.

It's mainly down to the fact the ShiftAngle value is approx 2.1, and I can only put in 2. I'm also getting those weird "kinks" where the end of a ccline section shoots off. Now it got my thinking... the initial section contains a start dfc value which indicates where on the track sector it crosses. Laurent... is it possible every section has a similar value for the starting sector?
Date: February 07, 2005 05:50PM
hm i know these kinks , its just the very end of the section pointing not straight ahead right? You can solve that by editing the sectors in front, i had it, removed al the stange bends and ccdirection altered a bit and it was gone.

Date: February 07, 2005 07:38PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Maverick: It looks great...in 3DEditor :) But you're also maybe right about shift use and I will have a closer look at it. Did you get such modified tracks working in game since ?
I will also check my ccline highlight code for 1 sector length sections, thanks for the report.

@Xero: I'm not sure this theory would work (using a float to have a perfect cc-line in 3DEditor and reset it to its integer original value before saving).
It can be tried anyway.
The start dfc value also intrigued me. At monza for example, cc-line start completely off track...

@Tobeast: OK. I'm not that good with ZM either (and don't intend to be ;)).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2005 07:40PM by Lo2k.
Date: February 08, 2005 07:51AM
@Xero: I'm not sure this theory would work (using a float to have a perfect cc-line in 3DEditor and reset it to its integer original value before saving).

I thought the whole point in the shift angle was to correctly display it in 3deditor... it has nothing to do with the .dat itself. The shift angle value is reset to 0 before you use it in game anyway... am I missing something?! Unless the problem is with using floats in 3deditor?... probably requires some messy programming in converting going by personal experience. :)

Date: February 08, 2005 08:43AM
Posted by: erwin_78
@tobeast, then you do something wrong. Even if you just move the pitlane sectors it still works.
I'm already working on a graphical change too.
Date: February 08, 2005 11:03AM
@erwin: I removed some of the pitlane sectors and added it new... but it is still not working. I don't have got that much time (exam period at university :( )
If you are already working on it I don't have to rebuild it ;)
so I can search a new track, which i can rebuild...
Date: February 08, 2005 11:19AM
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Maverick: It looks great...in 3DEditor But
> you're also maybe right about shift use and I will
> have a closer look at it. Did you get such
> modified tracks working in game since ?
> I will also check my ccline highlight code for 1
> sector length sections, thanks for the report.

Nope, cant get them to work ingame, wich is strange cause i cant see whats wrong with them.
oh btw, i was planning on doing it again to some track, and then starting from scratch with a new ccline making it exactly as the one that doesn't load, can you then see what the difference is, and maybe why it crashes... would've done it to melbourne, but overwrittinen it this morning(why o @#$%& why dont i learn to backup stuff)
Only problem is, how do i recreate a single radius turn? If i have one with 15000 is one with 2x7500 the same? well guess not but as an example, do you know what IS the same?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2005 11:35AM by <Maverick>.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy