*****GP4 Track editing*****

Posted by Eugenio Faria 
Re: *****GP4 Track editing*****
Date: February 03, 2005 04:07PM
Posted by: Xero
Your video is very impressive! I didn't say it couldn't be done, just not done well. I guess it's a matter of opinion. :)
Date: February 03, 2005 04:16PM
Posted by: b-tone
yes very nice vid :)
and keep the 'matters of opinion' coming - once i get back into TEing i want it easy :P

i tried to do an oval a few times but never got far - once you get one done it should be quite easy to make many real tracks

____
Tony

Date: February 03, 2005 05:32PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
DAMNED BRILLIANT!

YOU GUYS ARE EXCEEDING!

thank you so far. ;)
Date: February 03, 2005 06:30PM
Posted by: Ali
Xero,

you're right I suppose, but now I have my dat file with the new turn (not perfect but...), and it's done and i will try to take profit of it.
Anyway, the .gp4 poligons are exactly the same as the .bin poligons?, I mean, in number and position? Or they are absolutely different?
I don't know if i explain myself... :-S
Date: February 03, 2005 07:47PM
Forget about it, i'm the .gp4 file.

I would be pleased if someone post pictures (no maps or diagrams) of Barcelona track, "La Caixa" turn.

cheers
Date: February 03, 2005 08:38PM
Posted by: vesuvius
@ Ali

Hopefully you will found something from here : [www.motorsport.com]
Date: February 03, 2005 08:58PM
Posted by: erwin_78
Ali Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forget about it, i'm the .gp4 file.
>
> I would be pleased if someone post pictures (no
> maps or diagrams) of Barcelona track, "La Caixa"
> turn.
>
Why not just download my version? Get it at ricardo's website.

Date: February 03, 2005 09:09PM
Posted by: kimirgj
has it got the new la caixa corner erwin???
Date: February 03, 2005 09:12PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
kimirgj Wrote:
> has it got the new la caixa corner erwin???

yes, grafically

Date: February 03, 2005 09:15PM
<Maverick> Wrote:
> kimirgj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > has it got the new la caixa corner erwin???
>
>
> yes, grafically
>
>
>
but if u go 2 ricardo site is says that turn 7 layout has not been changed

Date: February 03, 2005 09:19PM
kimirgj Wrote:
> <Maverick> Wrote:
> -----
> > kimirgj Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > has it got the new la caixa corner
> erwin???
> >
> >
> > yes, grafically
> >
> >
> >
> but if u go 2 ricardo site is says that turn 7
> layout has not been changed

Well, the grafic part has been changed, but the cars still take the old turn. thats what they mean.

Date: February 03, 2005 09:24PM
oh ok, i thought erwin meant the track layout had been changed
Date: February 03, 2005 11:05PM
Lo2k
Would it be possible to make a feature to "Smoothen" corners? or maybe generate them? lets say you can input to have X sections, making a Y degree turn with a Z metres radius (and maybe alsof positive or negative elevation?) i mean im sure it is possible, but can YOU do it? i was trying to make indy oval, but making a corner is so f*cking much work, i didn't make them as round as they should be, and well, that messes the ccline behaviour up enough to make it crash with it (without ccline it loads fine, but i also have the track not showing up in some parts, wich is, as i can conclude from prior attemps, means the dat is kinda *crap*, and i crash over a very nasty bump).

hope to hear from ya, (are you very busy this week btw, dont see you around much... or maybe that's due to the fact that i'm around practicly whole day ;) )

Date: February 03, 2005 11:30PM
Posted by: Lo2k
As I said on another forum, I come on gpgames' forum an average of 5 times per day, and I do read your posts :)

Well, I was also thinking about such possibility to create .dat file by defining some kind of sections of same nature (straight or curve, what angle and so on.
It would be possible. It's the same as create multiple sectors with the same settings.
I think it could be done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2005 11:31PM by Lo2k.
Date: February 03, 2005 11:37PM
ah thats great, so what ya working on atm? :)

Date: February 04, 2005 12:11AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Well, actually I'm surfing ;) but also grabbing some old GP3 advices I never read yet.
Else, I prepared 3DEd for further changes and fixed some bugs as track cameras one. I also did the Move+rotate mode you asked (I believe I told you I did the bank mouse handling but it was this move+rotate mode I did).

I will surely have a look at this easy .dat creation tomorrow.

Date: February 04, 2005 01:15AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Wow, progress is hard to keep up with at the moment. I had a little go with Imola earlier, but my mouse isn't responding very well, I need a new one really, it was taking me far too long to change anything. For when I have my new mouse (hopefully in the next week), are there any minor track mods that no-one is working on that people would appreciate work on? I don't mind having a go at something like that, as up until now I have only been playing around of my own accord, not with anything that has necessarily been accurate. If anyone were to post some kind of layout map to mod then I could have a look and see how far I get.

I was also wondering...is there one particular aspect that people are good at, and others where people struggle? If one particular person is good at one aspect, then perhaps it would be worth passing part of it on if someone else can do it? It's just if people have different stumbling blocks, then why not almost do a swap?

[Website]
Date: February 04, 2005 08:01AM
Please!!
If anyone is working already in Barcelona track, let me know, I'll not work on this one if someone has already done something and has intention to finish it!
Date: February 04, 2005 10:37AM
Posted by: tobeast
nobody is working on Barcelona so far as I know.
At the moment Imola, Nürburgring and Monaco.
Date: February 04, 2005 01:17PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
@ Ferrari_Fuhrer: As far as minor track modifications go, you could try to get rid of the Abbey chicane at Silverstone, restoring the corner to it's former(pre 1994, flat-out) glory). :)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy