GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
MDBSnake schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah! Finally a good result :) Well done to Connor
> and Dominic! Let's keep this up to end the season
> on a high :)

A great race for us. I finally managed to finish a Top 10 position. I'm so happy. :-)

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race
Definitely not what I was hoping for, it seems as though we were screwed from the start but at least I finished ahead of where I started. Also seeing as it is now impossible for me to win the title, even if it was a bit of a long shot before anyway, I'm just hoping to close off my racing career on a high and help Charrel in anyway I can :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 06:12PM by Twigster151.
Out on lap 1 and a crap race overall for the team. :(
Hope we end the season with some strong results but it doesn't look likely.
Diax F1 Wrote:
> Now, I'm going to be out for a little while (just
> graduated from university)

Big congratulations Dean :-) Funny thing is that I'm celebrating that I approved my firsts subjects LOL, another 6 years or so and party hard :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
This was a disastrous race.
Stuart, again, I'm sorry for the language. It was just hard to put my point across without using such words because that's how strongly I feel about this ridiculous points system. I have been since the beginning of the season. It's only coincidence which has meant the person most vocally opposed to the system has gone on to be the most disadvantaged!

However, I am not complaining about anything else. I enjoy single lap qualifying, although I know many don't, and I enjoy the way this season has played out. But the points system, the one thing we have complete control over, is not right. The balance between strong results and consistency needs to be correct and right now it's completely wrong. The previous points system was much better but still, for me, 12 points placings is too many. I know I may be in the minority here but over half the field scoring is a little much for me. I guess as we have so few retirements, 8 or 10 would be good. But anyway, I hope I've made my point clearly but as politely as possible!

It's extremely disappointing to retire from a race but when you realise EVERYONE else is going to score more points than you no matter how crap they drive makes it doubly so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
That is the story from your point of view, Owen.

The story from a more objective point of view is that we still have 4 people fighting for the championship, with only 2 races remaining, which is something we haven't had for many seasons. And that we have many more teams and drivers with perf caps than we ever had before. All of this is proof that the field got leveled.

With only 12, or even only 8-10 as you suggest, drivers getting points, the gap between teams would be much higher again. This season the system might have been a bit unlucky for you, but who says that you can't be a winner of the system next season? As Stu has said already, there are many others who like the new points system and I am one of them since it levels the field. But there will be a poll about this, as it seems.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Owen, I think that you should look to yourself and your team boss. How much boost have you both used? TNR have only used 6 out of 18 bhp and you haven't used any of your driver boost.

On another point. How do I create a trackpack?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Create the profile, select it in Loading/Restoring, right-click on it and voilà, you can export it

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Activity Check Results

Everybody's passed the activity check this week. It must have hurt on the way out...

ANYWAY, the next one is on the 30th July!

We hope to see you then...

Better see them before then. Cause THEN, it will be too late ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 16, Luxembourg Grand Prix, Nordschleife are now open. The closing date is 8pm BST Friday 26th July 2013. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Nordschleife". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Nordschleife". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

SEASON 8 Race Calendar

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S8

Round 1: Albert Park, Australia - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 2: Adelaide, South Australia - Winner: Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 3: Marina Bay, Singapore - Winner: Ben Johnson - Scuderia Minardi
Round 4: Sepang, Malaysia - Winner: Owen Edwards - True North Racing
Round 5: Suzuka, Japan - Winner: Charrel Jalving - Martini Paddock Racing
Round 6: Montreal, Canada - Winner: Matteo Scala - Scuderia Minardi
Round 7: Boromo Superveloz, South America - Winner: Stefan van Renselaar - One Racing
Round 8: Interlagos, Brazil - Winner: Tobias Kederer - Team Shadow Mercedes
Round 9: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium - Winner: Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 10: Classic Hockenheim, Germany - Winner: John Maverick - Aston Martin Racing
Round 11: A1-Ring, Austria - Winner: John Maverick - Aston Martin Racing
Round 12: Imola, San Marino - Winner: Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 13: Monza, Italy - Winner: Carlos Rodríguez - One Racing
Round 14: Monte-Carlo, Monaco - Winner: Norbert Horváth - True North Racing
Round 15: Magny-Cours, France - Winner: Matteo Scala - Scuderia Minardi
Round 16: Nurburgring Nordschleife, Luxembourg - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 17: Silverstone - Britain - 75% - 40 AI Errors

Every time I see the boost announcement I cry when seeing my name on the winning driver's list... well not really but still I love being there with the big guys ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
So let's see what Nordschleife will bring to us Demons. Also my homerace and no, I'm not a Luxembourger but I wouldn't regard this as the race of Luxembourg (sorry to every Luxembourger maybe reading this :-p)
Very much looking forward to the 'Ring, can't wait! Really pleasing result for me the Testers at Magny-Cours, I'm up to 3rd in the Championship so I really hope I can continue the good form for the final two races. bring it on!

Also, I have no opinion on the points system ;)
oensan Wrote:
It's only coincidence which has meant the person most vocally opposed to the system has gone on to be the most disadvantaged!

Funnily enough, the people most vocally countering our complaint are sitting P1 in the constructors, and P1 and P2 in the drivers standings.

JohnMaverick Wrote:
This season the system might have been a bit unlucky for you, but who says that you can't be a winner of the system next season?

Because it won't happen. The current system has and will continue to be in your favour the most for seasons to come until a complete reset. That's almost a given fact, and has been predicted for the last 4 seasons straight. Let me put it here, AMR will win the title this year and next year if it stays as it is. And the next. Other teams might get a little sneak in, but no matter how tiny, statistically AMR will always be several steps ahead because of the inherited perf that undeservedly keeps them on top even with the average retirements the rest of us have. The fact AMR continue to ride off the back of someone else's success has truly run its course. They should be reset like Demon and Snake had to. Tell me a time in the last 5 seasons when AMR haven't been the best team on paper numbers?

And Stu, your point about boosts proves EXACTLY why we are raising this issue. TNR have only used 6 of 18 boosts, the most still available of anyone. That means we surely should effectively be the most reliable, no?

We should have barely suffered perf reliability losses versus a team using them lots. Yet the total opposite has happened, and we are actually the most unreliable.

Is that proof that:

a) the system is flawed, and doesn't actually work as it should?
b) TNR are simply in very bizarre coincidence - lots more than the next example?
c) Something in the perfs has gone wrong?

As always, its just a fun game. I have complete respect for Stu and everyone else putting their time and effort into this, so thankyou :) I am just voicing my irritance at a system that I see favouring one team too much!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 11:17AM by danm.
danm schrieb:
> Funnily enough, the people most vocally countering
> our complaint are sitting P1 in the constructors,
> and P1 and P2 in the drivers standings.

If I am not mistaken, Tobias found that the gaps would be bigger if the old points system was used. So yeah, they are countering the complaint that would be in their own favour.

danm schrieb:
> Because it won't happen. The current system has
> and will continue to be in your favour the most
> for seasons to come until a complete reset. That's
> almost a given fact, and has been predicted for
> the last 4 seasons straight. Let me put it here,
> AMR will win the title this year and next year if
> it stays as it is. And the next. Other teams might
> get a little sneak in, but no matter how tiny,
> statistically AMR will always be several steps
> ahead because of the inherited perf that
> undeservedly keeps them on top even with the
> average retirements the rest of us have. The fact
> AMR continue to ride off the back of someone
> else's success has truly run its course. They
> should be reset like Demon and Snake had to. Tell
> me a time in the last 5 seasons when AMR haven't
> been the best team on paper numbers?

That's why the discussion is running. Envy Jealousy.
I can only say what I heard as I wasn't in the league at that time but AMR has taken over Velox (?) at a time where a mandatory perf-reset wasn't part of the rules. Thus making it legal for AMR to be in front right now. It should be the aim of everyone to beat them but not by getting their perf reset. Obviously this is a damned hard goal but think of Ed's team change. If AMR is beatable, then next season.
Also the system (although I don't like it personally) has done what it was meant to do. It brought the field to an extremely narrow level, I wouldn't have been able to score a third place in Magny Cours or drive for the win in Imola (which I sadly didn't get). Think who made that possible. The guys who are comfortably leading everything.

To get my personal opinion into this post, I also think the old point-system should come back. It has taken something special from getting points, which is a pity, atleast for me.
Maybe we could change things like this: The point-system will be the old from next season onwards. However, performance points are awarded after this years' points-system. Thus the points remain something special but perf-increase is for everyone.

danm schrieb:
> And Stu, your point about boosts proves EXACTLY
> why we are raising this issue. TNR have only used
> 6 of 18 boosts, the most still available of
> anyone. That means we surely should effectively be
> the most reliable, no?
>
> We should have barely suffered perf reliability
> losses versus a team using them lots. Yet the
> total opposite has happened, and we are actually
> the most unreliable.
>
> Is that proof that:
>
> a) the system is flawed, and doesn't actually work
> as it should?
> b) TNR are simply in very bizarre coincidence -
> lots more than the next example?
> c) Something in the perfs has gone wrong?
>
> As always, its just a fun game. I have complete
> respect for Stu and everyone else putting their
> time and effort into this, so thankyou :) I am
> just voicing my irritance at a system that I see
> favouring one team too much!

It may be really bad luck for TNR but that's GP4. You can't predict what's gonna happen. Also I can totally understand you in this point. It's really annoying going up and down with a team for no apparent reason. That's why I am in favour for a more stretched field, teams taking time to get better and better, nearer to the perf cap, nearer to the established teams. While the races could be less mixed, maybe a bit boring, this would make for a series with more longterm motivation, seeing a team raise. However balance has to be maintained, and the team does a damned good job of doing this. Thus while I'd like to see a slightly different system, I'm not gonna complain about the current situation. This league is a superb idea and organized very well, I hope to see this one live longer and longer.
Greetings
Sebastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 03:05PM by xSilvermanx.
Stuart, you seem to be misunderstanding my point. I'm not complaining about my results. I have scored some very good results despite not using any boosts. My gripe is with the points system and how it over rewards mediocrity of results.

John, again, you seem to be misunderstanding my point. The way the perfs have worked this season is great, in my opinion. And it is a great championship battle. But look at the championship standings using the old points system. The order makes a lot more "sense" looking at the results the teams and drivers have achieved this season.

I'm not trying to say I deserve to be in the title hunt, because I don't! but only John has scored more podiums than me this season yet I'm in the bottom half of the full-time drivers. How does this make sense?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
In a nut shell, my main gripe is that it's ridiculous how no matter what rule changes we make to shake the field, AMR are still always going to be the top ones to beat, for the past, present and forseable future.

But you know what, maybe that is good for the league. We have a common enemy to beat, and a lottery result year wouldn't have the anticipation of the fights and strives we get now.

But if they aren't knocked off by next season and walk the year once more, I really think we need a reset.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Yeah, we must destroy AMR lol.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy