GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
Gutting for Owen.

Yet ANOTHER retirement, and a massive blow to the standings there.

Damn!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Got plenty of things crossed....come on boys!!! Bring it on home!!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
GPGSL Rd 15 French GP - Race Day

Part 4

Welcome back to Magny Cours, as we enter the final stages of the French GP.

Here is the Snake of Steer.

5 seconds behind him is the MAC Racing car of Hinz.

Gilson in 12th place.

Scala looking untouchable, as he enjoys a 6.4s lead.

Legge trying his best to carve into Scala's lead, hoping that something major happens to the race leader.

Greidanus holding down 6th.

Rodriguez ahead of Elleker and Van Renselaar.

With 5 laps remaining, here are the current standings as we ride onboard with Silvestre.

Both Demons in the same shot.

Legge is starting to catch Scala, but it may be too late to mount a serious challenge.

Steer trails the second Demon of Somogyi by 5 seconds.

Not much separating the cars in the midfield.

Likewise the cars at the rear of the field.

Jalving will be wanting this race to come to an end, so he can start focusing on the final two races.

On lap 30, and not much has changed in the last few laps.

Hinz still ahead of Greidanus. This is shaping up to be a good result for the MAC Racing team.

Warrington in the second VSM down in 8th place.

Scala starts the final lap.

Brunner still at the front of a queue of cars. He only needs to hold on for one more lap.

Scala has been unstoppable all race.

He enters the final chicane.

And wins the French GP.

Legge finishes 2nd.

And Somogyi finishes 3rd.

Congratulations to Matteo Scala and Scuderia Minardi VSM. Winners of the French GP.

Stay Tuned For The Official Results

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Well done Matteo and Minardi - though you have to say that the real winners are Demon Racing here.

Awesome day for the team!! Jake and me also on podium, its very promising, we are able to finish the championship in good positions.
Congrats to VSM and Matteo for their win. That one was very well deserved! Demon was lucky with AMR's double retirement but it's nonetheless nice to see them both on the podium as well.

At least Stefan and Charrel couldn't catch up many points. But I'm still gutted by this retirement. It's a wasted chance for sure. Sorry boss. That livery simply didn't do any good, it seems.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Celebration time for Demon! Wow, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd and 5th. Best result for Demon, I think ^^
Round 15 - Magny Cours - Official Results Tables

Round 15 - Magny Cours - Official Standings Tables

Round 15 - Magny Cours - Official Boost Tables

Round 15 - Magny Cours - GPGCL

-blink- unlucky MPR - 2 points from ousting Aston Martin from the GPGCL. So the final is exactly the same as last season - Aston Martin v. Shadow ;)

Also, if it's alright I'll put my name forward for running the last two races of the season :) (I will require the most recent updates to the race and test mods in addition to the track pack as a result)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2013 07:17PM by Diax F1.
What a dreadful race.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
See, this is what's @#$%& up about the points system. No offence to Nobby, but he's not had a great season. He's finished in the Top 10 four times, including one win, a 6th and two 9ths. I've finished on the podium five times, including one win, and finished in the Top 10 on two other occasions yet, due to my five retirements to his three, we're only separated by 9 points in the championship. He's only finished ahead of me twice in the nine races we've both finished. Complete bullshit.

I apologise for my language but where's the sense in this let's-award-everyone-a-@#$%&-point-even-if-they've-been-tooling-around-at-the-back-all-afternoon points system?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I agree, we should go back to the points system of the last seasons.

About the race; it seems I end a pretty dreadful season on a high note.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Up 4 places to 9th, with our usually steady pace...

Really bad for Owen, his unluckiness is a massive blow for our team.
A quiet race for me, and 12th is a decent result from 20th on the grid. Had some luck with other people spinning off, or retiring ahead of me. Not sure exactly what happened with Ross near the start, but the team lost out on what could've been a good points finish for him.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
What a great result for the team! I love France, and it's been great to come here and take two podium places!

Of course, I definitely enjoyed leading for a little bit...;)

A big congrats go to my teammate for a quality race, and also to Glen and Seb for putting in the legwork to make this car a rocketship here.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2013 09:19PM by Incident 2k9.
YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA EPIC WIN MATTEO.

Great job by Chris Warringotn aswell. With a lot of luck (has to be said) moving up to 8th + the point for positions gained :D That afterr the podium in Monaco...Im a happy teamboss guys !

@ DeanK, You should'nt talk that nonsense, Minardi were the real winners ! If you keep telling nonsense like that we might have to drag your ass to court. Youactually have an valid confirmed race deal with us. I could get you banned for this season :p (just joking, i'm glad your back. A message would have been nice).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ DeanK, You should'nt talk that nonsense, Minardi
> were the real winners ! If you keep telling
> nonsense like that we might have to drag your ass
> to court. Youactually have an valid confirmed race
> deal with us. I could get you banned for this
> season :p (just joking, i'm glad your back. A
> message would have been nice).

It was an spur of the moment decision to come back, that's all - and you don't have a spare seat, last time I looked ;)

Genuinely pleased to see you guys win a few races this year, really :)

(On the points note, looks like a successful compromise may be to return to the old points system but keep the perf gains as they are now)

oensan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> See, this is what's @#$%& up about the points
> system. No offence to Nobby, but he's not had a
> great season. He's finished in the Top 10 four
> times, including one win, a 6th and two 9ths. I've
> finished on the podium five times, including one
> win, and finished in the Top 10 on two other
> occasions yet, due to my five retirements to his
> three, we're only separated by 9 points in the
> championship. He's only finished ahead of me twice
> in the nine races we've both finished. Complete
> bullshit.
>
> I apologise for my language but where's the sense
> in this
> let's-award-everyone-a-@#$%&-point-even-if-they've
> -been-tooling-around-at-the-back-all-afternoon
> points system?

I believe you could have made your point without the harsh language, Owen. And it makes no sense apologising and then going on to repeat the language later in your post.

I think this rule will have to go to a vote, because there are quite a few members who are happy with the current point system.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
wow, nice result. i have no clue on how we were able to maintain the positions gained in the first few laps during the whole race. also it's striking that none of the top 7 drivers in the championship were able to finish in the top ten

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy