GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
Psst come over to the GPGNC, we have a really mixed up and interesting championship normally ;). All joking aside not much has changed for me despite all the format changes. I hope for good performances and am incredibly happy when they occur, if not I sit back knowing that bottom half is my normal position. Such is the life of a low end driver!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Stuff beating Aston Martin, for me it's always been about beating Team Shadow ;)

I think while in hindsight Aston Martin's domination is something to be jealous of if you actually look back at the season before they took over the field was actually much closer at the top.

If we are talking about envy then the only team I have any envy with is ONE Racing. Those buggers snatched 2nd from us when it's the best chance we've had to finish there in years :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Connor come test for MPR and become a superstar

as to my post: I'll replace that "envy" with "Jealousy". Such things happen if someone not native to an english-speaking country has to search for a proper word. Has the same meaning in German, so you can probably guess how it came to envy ;)
Ferrari2007 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Connor come test for MPR and become a superstar

You have next season already a superstar...

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> If we are talking about envy then the only team I
> have any envy with is ONE Racing. Those buggers
> snatched 2nd from us when it's the best chance
> we've had to finish there in years :)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
What is the current situation regarding teams and S9? I'm a bit out of date with who has gone where at the moment.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
This is the confirmed list from the start of this month - not sure if there are any further updates to it:

Aston Martin Racing
D1: John Maverick
D2: Andrei Sevastian
T1: Jack Elleker
T2: Christopher Hinz

One Racing
D1:
D2:
T1: Rico van Smirren
T2: Marcus de Bruyker

Martini Paddock Racing
D1: Ed Greenhalgh
D2: Charrel Jalving
T1: Monil Santilal
T2:

Southern Cross Racing
D1: Ross Cartwright
D2: Joseph Gilson
T1: Greg O'Brien
T2: Maikel de Boer

Scuderia Minardi
D1:
D2:
T1:
T2:

Team Shadow Mercedes
D1:
D2:
T1:
T2:

True North Racing
D1:
D2:
T1: Dan Mills
T2:

Demon Racing
D1: Zsigmond Somogyi
D2: Jake Legge
T1: Glen Sheppard
T2: Sebastian Nell

Snake Motorsports
D1:
D2:
T1: Mal Stoddart
T2: Jo-Anne Hayes

MAC Racing
D1:
D2: Michael Pedersen
T1: Nathan McGregor
T2:

JHR Developments
D1: Gareth McCarthy
D2: Eric Moinet
T1: Chris Copeman
T2: Jack Hunsley

Oh, and here's something to keep you guys busy whilst I prep this 'plan' announcement ;)

(Would recommend you watch on youtube at 720p for best quality :))

The Nordschleife isn't in Luxemburg! ;)

But yes, I know that this is because we already had a German GP in Hockenheim.

@Owen: I don't misunderstand you, Owen. I get your point very well. But that's what my point is for. You complain about a system which wasn't to your taste this season, but which was to the majority's taste. Sebastian (Silverman) has concluded it very well in his last post. I personally think it's unfair to change a system that many people like and see sense in just for one or two people not liking it because of personal disadvantage in one season.
And as for this constant demand of checking the perfs, or the statement that they have to be wrong: THEY ARE CONSTANTLY CHECKED AND HAVE BEEN CHECKED BY ME ANOTHER TIME RIGHT AFTER THE FIRST REQUEST! The result is: THE PERFS ARE CORRECT!
The given points are always double checked by the fact that Stu and me use separate files over the season and include them independently of each other. Furthermore I have double checked that the dividers are correct. --> The perfs are as they should be.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
John, your caps lock seems a bit sticky.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
truecrysis Wrote:
> Psst come over to the GPGNC, we have a really
> mixed up and interesting championship normally ;).
> All joking aside not much has changed for me
> despite all the format changes. I hope for good
> performances and am incredibly happy when they
> occur, if not I sit back knowing that bottom half
> is my normal position. Such is the life of a low
> end driver!

I think I'd agree there, and before Italy I'd only had one top 3 finish in 2 seasons. Now I've got two in three races!

I'm just hoping we don't pick up the phenomenon known as "second season syndrome"...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Turbo Lover Schreef:
> John, your caps lock seems a bit sticky.

I wonder what he was doing before.. *cough* *cough* :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Diax F1 Wrote:
> This is the confirmed list from the start of this
> month - not sure if there are any further updates
> to it:
>
> Aston Martin Racing
> D1: John Maverick
> D2: Andrei Sevastian
> T1: Jack Elleker
> T2: Christopher Hinz
>
> One Racing
> D1:
> D2:
> T1: Rico van Smirren
> T2: Marcus de Bruyker
>
> Martini Paddock Racing
> D1: Ed Greenhalgh
> D2: Charrel Jalving
> T1: Monil Santilal
> T2:
>
> Southern Cross Racing
> D1: Ross Cartwright
> D2: Joseph Gilson
> T1: Greg O'Brien
> T2: Maikel de Boer
>
> Scuderia Minardi
> D1:
> D2:
> T1:
> T2:
>
> Team Shadow Mercedes
> D1:
> D2:
> T1:
> T2:
>
> True North Racing
> D1:
> D2:
> T1: Dan Mills
> T2:
>
> Demon Racing
> D1: Zsigmond Somogyi
> D2: Jake Legge
> T1: Glen Sheppard
> T2: Sebastian Nell
>
> Snake Motorsports
> D1:
> D2:
> T1: Mal Stoddart
> T2: Jo-Anne Hayes
>
> MAC Racing
> D1:
> D2: Michael Pedersen
> T1: Nathan McGregor
> T2:
>
> JHR Developments
> D1: Gareth McCarthy
> D2: Eric Moinet
> T1: Chris Copeman
> T2: Jack Hunsley

ONE Racing had confirmed that both of their drivers will be staying on for next season.

danm Wrote:

> And the next. Other teams might
> get a little sneak in, but no matter how tiny,
> statistically AMR will always be several steps
> ahead because of the inherited perf that
> undeservedly keeps them on top even with the
> average retirements the rest of us have. The fact
> AMR continue to ride off the back of someone
> else's success has truly run its course. They
> should be reset like Demon and Snake had to. Tell
> me a time in the last 5 seasons when AMR haven't
> been the best team on paper numbers?

Oh I wondered how long it would take you to throw this argument up. Yet again! LOL!

>
> And Stu, your point about boosts proves EXACTLY
> why we are raising this issue. TNR have only used
> 6 of 18 boosts, the most still available of
> anyone. That means we surely should effectively be
> the most reliable, no?

By the way, TNR are the most reliable team. You haven't suffered one mechanical failure all season. All your DNF's are due to accidents, nothing to do with reliability value. I have detailed file of all your retirement as a matter of interest. My point about boosts is that, perhaps if you had used them, you would be higher up the grid and have less chance of having accidents. Some of the accidents could be put down to lack of grip, so using driver boost cuts down on the possibilty of spinning off the circuit, because you have more grip.

>
> a) the system is flawed, and doesn't actually work
> as it should?

The system is very much the same as last season, just the points are different and the amount of team boost, which actually favours the lower teams.

> b) TNR are simply in very bizarre coincidence -
> lots more than the next example?

Yeh, you seem to be the unlucky victim of a high number of accidents, nothing to do with the system, just how GP4 plays out each race.

> c) Something in the perfs has gone wrong?

As John Maverick and I have a system of checking the perfs with two different excel files, this is not possible. All files can be made available to you if you wish.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
John, many people may like this system but I think if it were to be surveyed, more people would like last season's. As I've said before, I complained about the system from the beginning of the season and since then it's only coincidence that it's gone on to screw me over again and again! I understand that only through my example and others is it possible to see these kind of drawbacks of the system. And that's fine, we've gotta try things to mix things up and keep the league fresh. It's just my opinion that the previous season's points system worked in a better way and I've given my reasons why.

I think I've shown before I'm normally rather subjective about things so it's a shame to have arguments thrown back at me saying I'm only complaining because of my own failings as well as my team's. My opinion on boosts should be kept completely separate to this because they have nothing to do with each other.

Finally, I just wanna say thank you to those who spend the time to run the league and spend time deliberating the rules and how to improve the league. It's great fun and I love being a part of it. But I think it's important to look at the areas we can control as closely as possible to ensure we get them right. At the moment, I think the league has lots of things right and I think that can be seen through the level of participation we currently have. But there's always room for improvement and we shouldn't shy away from it. What I don't understand is why people don't like single shot qualifying! And why it's been agreed to go back to what we had before when there is no real disadvantage to anyone other than the "big" teams who have less chances to stamp their authority on a session.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
Who said we are going back to the old qualifying system? I don't remember any announcements?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> Who said we are going back to the old qualifying
> system? I don't remember any announcements?

There's been no announcements on it - nor has any discussion been made about whether to go back.

Think my comment about attempting to find a solution to the "issue" of the unpopular 1 Lap system has been misconstrued - all I will be doing is trialling a different qualifying system in the last two races of the season (in the form of test races, naturally - wouldn't dare use it in the real series until it's in the rules).

Once the trials (and season) are complete then you could potentially discuss the issue further and decide on the way to proceed :)

Don't forget, I'm back testing for the Nurburgring!

If this goes on like that we'll reach at least 100 pages with this thread ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Stoopid Wrote:
> Oh I wondered how long it would take you to throw
> this argument up. Yet again! LOL!

*to be taken with a pinch of salt, its only a fun game, and these debates add to the fun and respect to those making it happen - just adding that first! :)

It is absolutely true though!

The rules were changed long ago for new teams and inheriting perfs because of the potential of what has churned out with AMR.

The issue is not solely that AMR have just got away riding someone elses success without 'earning' it so to speak like other startup teams. The biggest problem I have is that this 'total domination' hasn't just been a blip. It's been on repeat cycle as far back as season 4... and judging by the point differences to the next team, shows no sign of changing any time soon.

S4 - Velox (reincarnated as AMR)
S5 - AMR
S6 - AMR
S7 -AMR
S8 - AMR (*not completed, but inevitable)

And the main people opposing this complaint? Not just the manager or said dominating AMR; but their main driver too. A guy who along with his teammate have between them been in both/either the top two teams of the time, or the top 4 drivers standings of the series since season 2. Of course they aren't going to complain when you sit at the top of the pile above the rest sitting pretty. They wouldn't want to voluntarily be pulled back and down when a call for change happens.

When the perf fiasco happend at the start of this season, AMR more than deserved a knock back for everyone else to gain. Exactly in contrast to the AMR reincarnation where only they gained, and everyone else didn't. But even in that and after all their domination, AMR didn't exactly open to the idea of taking a hit for the benefit of the other teams during the mistake.

I may sound like a broken record complaining, but if AMR were reset like they should have once been, check the battles from 2nd to 5th over the seasons. That's exciting! And I bet the true point results would be even closer if the results removed the AMR win points.

BUT because they weren't reset (no rule back then), I would have thought that the unfolding domination since season 4,5,6,7 and now 8 would have brought about an entire grid reset already. Though I vouch that to be unfair on the rest of the grid history for the sake of one team causing a problem.

Of course AMR wouldn't want to change anything, because they'd no longer be guaranteed their success. And that one team is the only team I have issue with.

AMR will win season 8. That makes 5 titles IN A ROW! And will start favorites for next season yet again.

And you still think it is unfair on everyone else?

Come on, AMR and its drivers need to have some balls and admit they've had it easy.

Bring on S9 - its all in the name of fun, plus this tension adds to some interesting rivalries :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2013 03:32PM by danm.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy