GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
Statement :
We, French people, are very sorry and ashamed for what happened to Aston Martin and Gulf this year in France (Le Mans, Magny Cours) and hope it will never happen again.
End of statement

(Nice livery btw)

I know Christel VXR is leaving and all that but I am really perplexed at just how much my team has struggled this year considering nothing has changed. I can't say I expected to finish 5th again but I didn't expect to be pretty much last. Could I please ask that next time the perfs are checked our team perf is looked at on the very small chance that a mistake has been made.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

well atleast we finished....
Fantastic race boys, awesome result for such a small team. Both cars in the top 10 when we have only managed 2 other top 10 results all season. Great stuff boys, tonight we celebrate.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
CaptinFranko schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know Christel VXR is leaving and all that but I
> am really perplexed at just how much my team has
> struggled this year considering nothing has
> changed. I can't say I expected to finish 5th
> again but I didn't expect to be pretty much last.
> Could I please ask that next time the perfs are
> checked our team perf is looked at on the very
> small chance that a mistake has been made.

The perfs are constantly checked, but I checked them yet again right now and can't find any mistakes. The team perf is calculated by adding 1/12 of the championship points to the starter perf. Feel free to double check it yourself. But the variables in the excel file are correct.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
+1 on checking those perf files. Some teams have made questionable leaps forward this year when no other team in the history of this league perf calc method have been able to do so. No disrespect to the dudes at One Racing, but that ability to progress doesn't make sense at all. At the same time, Shadow and TNR have literally took a jump off the other side of the world. Again, that doesn't make sense, not for two top teams. Something isn't right, and hasn't been since the start of the year.

That on it's own is a shock.

But ADD to that...

TNR have had 8 team retirements. 5 from Owen alone, and he hasn't even used any driver boosts.

TNR also have used the LEAST amount on team boosts all season, yet begun as one of the top half teams.

Shadow are in the same boat. Something has gone wrong somewhere. I know its just a bit of fun, but thats an anomolly and a half!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
No disrespect here, either, but you guys should probably read through the rules section to see how the perfs are calculated. It's a natural phenomenon, and has always been during a season, that the teams who do well at the first quarter of the season usually stay competitive over the rest of the season. And with the teams being artificially brought closer together at the start of a season, this is mostly a gamble. Good results bring many championship points. And more championship points bring a higher perf increase.
Last season it was Christel who shot to the front from nowhere. This year it's ONE and partly Demon. Another reason for that is that the bottom teams get a lot more boost than the top teams.

I can only repeat myself. You guys should really say what you want and stick to it. One season the bottom teams shall be helped and get a better chance to catch up, and when that happens it isn't right again.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
My god, have a whinge.

You have one tough season and you think its the end of the world.
How do think I feel being in the championship for 3 seasons and
still on the bottom. But instead of whinging I get excited when we
have a good result. We get 5th and celebrate it like a win, you guys
get 5th and are pissed off that you didn't win.

Everyone can't win all the time so how about you all act like grown
ups and cop a few bad results on the chin like
me and my team have had to for the last 3 seasons.

Great work by the Demon team this weekend. Our best results ever, for the team as a whole. Great work. These season 9 parts I have been sneaking onto the car, seem to be paying dividends. Not to mention, some great driving by my talented roster of drivers.... Great stuff lads! We shall have a team debrief with the company of those Martini girls i recruited down in Monaco....

Seems like the Whinging Poms are at it again.... LOL. Sheesh, they won the first two Ashes tests, have a brand new 3rd in line to the throne, what's to whinge about???....;)
There do seem to be some strange results this season, with a lot of the expectations totally thrown into confusion. Many called for drastic changes, and a change in the status quo. That has and hasn't happened! ONE Racing have surprised all with their speed and consistency - i expeceted that One and Demon would be battling it out down the rear of the field, and i had hoped "just" to not finish last in the constructors title. Well, we have well exceeded that ambition.....(H)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Macca25 Wrote:
>We get 5th and celebrate it
> like a win, you guys
> get 5th and are pissed off that you didn't win.

I think that's normal in every real world racing series you find. Would Vettel celebrate a, say, 8th place? I don't think so. But would Bottas celebrate it? Certainly, considering the car he has.

As for the points system, I know I'm one of the guys who got a benefit, from that and from the mysterious ultra-perf-boost. I really can't tell anything about the latter because although I keep a registry of my own perf, I don't have one for the teams. And since ART became ONE and its perf was reseted, I didn't think it was necessary. More importantly, I don't even know how to update them LOL, I just check the system and forget it inmediately. For the points thing, I am okay with reverting it. The tables have become NASCAR-ish, and we know how messed up that system is ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Wrote:
> Macca25 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >We get 5th and celebrate it
> > like a win, you guys
> > get 5th and are pissed off that you didn't win.
>
>
> I think that's normal in every real world racing
> series you find. Would Vettel celebrate a, say,
> 8th place? I don't think so. But would Bottas
> celebrate it? Certainly, considering the car he
> has.

There's my point exactly, this is not real world racing.

Shep's point is a great one as well, people were screaming
last season for changes to the rules so that the same
teams would not be dominating, now that that has
happened they a screaming because the same teams are
not dominating. Great logic guys *shakes head*

I'm finding this debate rather funny! ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Macca25 Schreef:
> Carlitox Wrote:
> -----
> > Macca25 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >We get 5th and celebrate it
> > > like a win, you guys
> > > get 5th and are pissed off that you didn't
> win.
> >
> >
> > I think that's normal in every real world
> racing
> > series you find. Would Vettel celebrate a, say,
> > 8th place? I don't think so. But would Bottas
> > celebrate it? Certainly, considering the car he
> > has.
>
>
> There's my point exactly, this is not real world
> racing.
>
> Shep's point is a great one as well, people were
> screaming
> last season for changes to the rules so that the
> same
> teams would not be dominating, now that that has
> happened they a screaming because the same teams
> are
> not dominating. Great logic guys *shakes head*

AMR are still dominating more or less, although their cars were well sabotaged at Magny-Cours. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Diax F1 schrieb:
> -blink- unlucky MPR - 2 points from ousting Aston
> Martin from the GPGCL. So the final is exactly the
> same as last season - Aston Martin v. Shadow ;)
>
> Also, if it's alright I'll put my name forward for
> running the last two races of the season :) (I
> will require the most recent updates to the race
> and test mods in addition to the track pack as a
> result)

I thought about running the next round...

How about me running my home GP and you running yours?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
*takes out popcorn* *sits down to watch the mayhem*

oh wait, you can read this??? *hides in a corner*
Diax F1 Wrote:
> Rico Wrote:
> -----
> > @ DeanK, You should'nt talk that nonsense,
> Minardi
> > were the real winners ! If you keep telling
> > nonsense like that we might have to drag your
> ass
> > to court. Youactually have an valid confirmed
> race
> > deal with us. I could get you banned for this
> > season :p (just joking, i'm glad your back. A
> > message would have been nice).
>
> It was an spur of the moment decision to come
> back, that's all - and you don't have a spare
> seat, last time I looked ;)
>
> Genuinely pleased to see you guys win a few races
> this year, really :)
>
> (On the points note, looks like a successful
> compromise may be to return to the old points
> system but keep the perf gains as they are now)

I haven't seen the whole race but I have to say that our result (pole,win,fastest lap and most places gained) is a bit influenced by the rain and a good amount of luck. I think that's part of the game :-)

And then I crashed at Monaco when I could catch a 2nd place. It's just payback time ;)

To the guys who are complaining about their screwed season... I understand you from one side as I was a boss like you till last season and seeing your team go down so easily is quite pissing off,especially if other teams reach the top, but you have to take in account that we're in a pc's hands and there isn't a rule that establishes our results(and I say that it's a good thing... I see some talented guys would request a payment for their performances if this was full online ;))

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 10:53AM by senna9194.
Yeah! Finally a good result :) Well done to Connor and Dominic! Let's keep this up to end the season on a high :)

Also, I believe the TDC has been officially decided now?

Congrats to Andrei Sevastian! I can only hope myself to keep 2nd :) Just need a few more points over the 3rd placed driver!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
kedy89 Wrote:
> Diax F1 schrieb:
> -----
> > -blink- unlucky MPR - 2 points from ousting
> Aston
> > Martin from the GPGCL. So the final is exactly
> the
> > same as last season - Aston Martin v. Shadow ;)
> >
> > Also, if it's alright I'll put my name forward
> for
> > running the last two races of the season :) (I
> > will require the most recent updates to the
> race
> > and test mods in addition to the track pack as
> a
> > result)
>
>
> I thought about running the next round...
>
> How about me running my home GP and you running
> yours?

Think we've sorted that one between ourselves :)

Now, I'm going to be out for a little while (just graduated from university), but I intend to post a video in the coming days relating to the final races of this season. The main object of ire this year has been the 1 lap qualifying system - so with permission of the mod team, I will be looking to help find a solution to this issue.

I will reveal the full plan in the video :)

It's nice to be in the Top 10 once in a while =)

To think before the race I was bracing myself for dropping backwards, yet afterwards in tempted to be disappointed I missed out on a podium! It's obvious we weren't the fastest cars out there, the queue behind Dominic proves that, but the whole team was ran so smooth and 4th is a great result! Thanks to the guys in the pit for helping me out with the performance and still pushing for me despite my penalty! A few more results like that and I will be a very happy man!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy