GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
Demon Racing Silverstone preview

With the GPGSL having its' finale at Silverstone yet again, the entire team is looking forward to the action. Having spent a day or two down at The Oval, watching the Aussies dominate day one of the Ashes test, team owner Sheppard is in a good mood.
"We are very excited to come to Silverstone, a place where I have had great memories, and dominant wins in my own personal career. Just a fantastic circuit to run at. Not quite sure how the new layout will go with our series, but.... we will all have this extra new challenge. Our race drivers Jake and Zsigimond have plenty of boost in the cars for themselves this weekend, but so will plenty of others. It ought to be an interesting race weekend. I just hope they can bring home some good points, and we will wait and see where we finish with our constructors championship finish"

Sheppard also stated there could be a sponsor or two announced for Season 9, but also suggested that if the Aussies keep whoopin the Poms in the cricket over the next few days, those announcements can wait....
Rumour has it, the Demon livery for next season may have been set to be unveiled here at Silverstone too.... time will tell.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I am really looking forward to testing in Silverstone. I will do my best to try and give Christel a nice send off. Once the season ends, my focus moves onto next season.

My last blast for AMR here. Hopefully can I get a good result.
Quick off-idea on tyres... don't shoot me, was a spontaneous thought:

Instead of normal 'boosts' for teams and driver each weekend:

Tyre Wars

Pirelli vs Bridgestone

Even number of tracks. ie, 18
6 suit Pirelli, 6 suit Bridgestone, 6 are neutral. To be pre-decided by lottery/random at the season start or each weekend. Key races and power tracks are in the neutral 6 (ie, Monaco, Monza, Silverstone etc)
- Each tyre brings a perf boost to its selected track against the other, the same way we do a boost at the moment. Neutral tracks have no gain for either tyre.

Teams could then add an extra boost dynamic to it and go for 'hard' or 'softs' each weekend.
- One could have a extra perf boost, but much higher reliability loss.
- The other no extra perf boost, but increased reliability gain.

ie, In a weekend, these are the various options to teams to an example Pirelli suited track weekend:

P1) Pirelli Suited Tyre (extra perf) - Soft - Lower Reliability, Extra perf on top (fast tyre + extra fast boost + lower reliability) +50 +50 -100 = +100 boost/-100 reliability
P2) Pirelli Suited Tyre (extra perf) - Hard - Higher Reliability, No extra perf on top (fast tyre + no extra boost + extra reliability) +50 +0 +50 = +50 boost/-0 reliability
B1) Bridgestone Non-Suited Tyre (no extra perf) - Soft - Lower Reliability, Extra perf on top (average tyre + extra boost + lower reliability) +0 +50 -50 = +50 boost/-50 reliability
B2) Bridgestone Non-Suited Tyre (no extra perf) - Hard - Higher Reliability, No extra perf on top (average tyre + no extra boost + extra reliability) +0 +0 +50 = +0 boost/+50 reliability
* perf figure gains/losses arbitrary

PROS
- Managers chose their options all at the season start? So its team based? Or do it for driver based?
- Adds 4 levels of variation (fast+extra fast, fast + extra reliable, average + boost, average + extra reliable)
- You can race all season as mr reliable, or risk it all for speed and wild unreliability.
- On a weekend where you might not have the best tyre, you could risk going for an extra boost on the hope the faster suited tyre teams got greedy and went for the extra boost, only to crash out. Or you could play it safe, and carry the slower but more reliable car into the next few races and with the reliability you have collected, when you next use the higher risk higher perf tyres, your collected reliability slow weekends counters the normal reliability loss when now going for the high boost options. Etc. Lots of scenarios and team development over a season. If this became driver choice, drivers can outperform teammates and shine instead of being bound by the speed of their car.
-Some teams could start bad but end competitive (ie, like McLaren)
- Some teams could start all guns blazing, but find they have a wild crash happy car as the season heads on.
- Other teams could be average, and show flashes of brilliance.

CONS
- Calculating it all. But if these perfs are done on a massive auto-spreadsheet, I think it could be easy enough to calculate.

QUESTIONS
- Does a manager choose for the team? Or could it be done per driver? Per driver, we could submit the choices pre-season once the calendar is released and post to the main page on a table?
- There wouldn't be any boost deadline checks, which could speed things up for the guys running it/checking messages each week.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 11:46AM by danm.
*Shoots Dan Mills*

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
*Thanks Dan P for taking over that job*

I first wanna hear what others think about this before I go all on it. But my basic 2 cents are that this will massively complicate the perfs nonetheless --> more room for mistakes. And that it also complicates things a lot for the team owners. The idea is really cool, just like most of the ideas that are presented here. But the realization would once again be very complicated.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't actually be able to fit all of the textures in game anyway. We can currently use three tyre walls, and with some trickery can have a different tyre wall for the wets and inters, but that's about it.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I wasn't even thinking or worrying about textures.

I just thought that the current boost system has proven its not enough to cause that much of an effect unless you use at least 6 or so boosts per use. Meaning you get to do it 3 times a year with results.

The system above is actually pretty much the same as what we have now and would use the exact same methods as the current boost application uses. However, instead of choosing how many boosts (ie 1-24), its simply a preset figure.

To make it simpler to explain:

Hards = 4 Boosts
Softs = 8 Boosts

Just choose hard or soft - the same as currently emailing in the use of 4 or 8 boost points now.

Hards = 4 boosts gives you less power but better reliability
Softs = 8 boosts gives you more power and worse reliability

So thats a simplified version of what we have now giving only two choices and two outcomes instead of a range between 1-24 boosts each race. This would mean theres no need to keep tally of uses as there are no limits of what you choose, just an A or B option.

But because we have two tyres, how would you vary an entire field using just 4 or 8 boost options? Most teams surely would always go for softs and 8 boosts, right?

Thats when you randomise the calendar and make certain tyres better at certain tracks and publish it before the season start.

18 tracks. 6 Pirelli tracks. 6 Bridgestone tracks. 6 neutral. All equal.

So then for each race weekend a team or driver simply chooses:

1) hard or soft (same as currently choosing 4 or 8 boosts)

If the track is Pirelli friendly (preset, known long in advance), and they have Pirellis, then on top of their 4 or 8 boosts they can enjoy an extra say, 2 boosts. Bridgestone drivers don't get the track friendly extra boosts, but only have the hard or soft (4 or 8 boost) options). This is the same thing as a driver adding his own personal boost.

The same in reverse for Bridgestone friendly tracks.

Basically a rebadged version of what we have now I guess. Just realised its pointless. LOL!

Rename driver boosts as hard or soft, and give the choices as 4 or 8. You could still have the tyre designated tracks.

Way too complicated, only thing to be changed is the impact of boost on performance and reliability.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
It really isn't complicated, it'd just simplify what we have now and relate it more to real F1 with the whole hard/soft thing.

Spa (No Preference +0) (+4 Hards) (+8 Softs)
Hungary (Pirelli +2) (+4 Hards) (+8 Softs)
France (Bridgestone +2) (+4 Hards) (+8 Softs)
Suzuka (No Preference +0) (+4 Hards) (+8 Softs)
Imola (Bridgestone +2) (+4 Hards) (+8 Softs)
Melbourne (Pirelli +2) (+4 Hards) (+8 Softs)
Silverstone (No Preference +0) (+4 Hards) (+8 Softs)

Much simpler.

Rules Discussion thread has been reactivated!

Please have a look at: [www.grandprixgames.org]

In order to keep discussions going and consecutive please use this thread to discuss about next season's rules from now on so that we won't lose any opinions when we switch over to the new S9 thread after S8 has ended.

Last race of the season! Will be very very exiting!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
(I really like the idea, Dan! And I think it should be a team owner decision if adopted.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
oensan Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (I really like the idea, Dan! And I think it
> should be a team owner decision if adopted.)

*Sends a bulletproof Mitsubishi to Owens whereabouts.*

*sends description of Dan to the Brrrrrritish police*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Christel VXR hoping to go out on a high.

This weekend's British Grand Prix signals the end of Christel VXR's participation in the GPGSL and teamboss Copeman gave a short statement ahead of the event detailing what he hoped would happen.

"Well this has been a long and difficult season for Christel VXR but I am hopeful that we can go out on a high. Many thanks to Jack, Michael and Stu, as well as everyone else who has been involved with the team over the past three seasons. I want some time to focus now on my own driving career and step away from the pressures and responsibilities of being a team boss...for now. I do have plans to return with the Christel brand in the future, but until that time I am very much looking forward to (re)starting my driving career next season."

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

*Reads latest posts*

*Runs*

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Wow, the tyre wars is a really interesting idea that I think has a lot of merit but I can imagine it being difficult to setup/manage for the perf team. I do like it but will defer all decision making to those who would be most affected by it!

Re the final round, I am really excited that this will be final test session before stepping up the main game for next season. I'd love to put in a great performance for Dan and the MPR team who have given me the opportunity. I really want to repay the faith and deliver a stonking result!

Looking forward, I can't wait for S9 and to be in the Jack Hunsley Racing Magic Machines!

Lastly I'm off on holidays until 13 September so if you hear reports of unruly behaviour from Thailand or Vietnam, it wasn't me :-)
Would be amazing to win Silverstone 3 times in a row.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy