GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
Hello and welcome to Silverstone, the home of British motorsport for Round 17, the final race of Season 8 of the GPGSL. Today the series' test drivers had their chance to shine in qualifying for a final feature race to mark the end of the season.

Here are highlights of all today's action from Silverstone.

Maikel de Boer opened proceedings but the conditions were not ideal for the the Dutchman as he had some slight drizzle to contend with. He naturally went fastest as the first driver to set a time.

Christel's Greg O'Brien followed suite and the Australian pretty much matched de Boer sector for sector. Just 7 thousandths of a second off the Flying Dutchman's time put him into second.

Keely Grant followed O'Brien out for her final appearance for MAC Racing.The GPGSL's very own princess didn't have it all her own way though as a big lock-up in sector 2 cost her over half a second. Third would have to do for Keeley.

Dan Mills was next up in his TNR and blitzed de Boer's time, -0.259 up on the Snake Motorsports boss puts him fastest.

Mal Stoddart, who effectively swapped seats with de Boer for Season 8 was the second driver to beat his time today. Second behind Mills for the Donut King.

But it was Daniel Thomas up next and he made light work of Mill's time in his Aston Martin. The GPGSL's resident Michael Jacskson fan was No.1.

MPR's Gareth McCarthy, in his last appearance for the team before he heads to JHR Developments in Season 9, set himself up perfectly for a good performance in the feature race with the quickest lap so far. Some 7 tenths up on Daniel Thomas' time.

MAC teamboss Nathan McGregor followed his countryman out for his own pop at pole, but it wasn't to be as he could only muster fifth fastest, almost a second slower than McCarthy.

Jo-Anne Hayes was the second Snake to set a time, and she put in a barnstormer of a lap to go second quickest.

And that should put a smile on Chris Copeman's face. Stuart Ingers with a mega lap to put his Christel on pole. Four tenths up on McCarthy's MPR.

The times are coming thick and fast now and that's de Bruyker into fourth in his white and green ONE machine. Half a second down on Ingers though.

Riding on the nose of Tom Pellatt's TSM as he goes over the line in third, not a bad time for the long-time team boss.

And here's another long-time teamboss, Ricardo van Smirren. The Eddie Jordan of the GPGSL paddock goes second with a good time, but still almost 3 tenths of that mega lap set by Ingers earlier in the session.

Rodrigo Vilela slots in right behind the Dutchman in third, looks like another good session for the ONE Samba Stars.

Ex-Champ John Warrington next across the line with a 1:28.791. But it's only good enough for seventh overall. Warrington might of expected better than that in his last session with Scuderia Minardi.

Already crowned champion of the test drivers series, this is all a little academic for Andrei Sevastian as he sets his quick lap. It's only fast enough for third but that won't bother him. The Tibetan is another man making his final appearance in the test series as he graduates to a full time seat at Aston Martin for Season 9.

And that's Dean Kittleson. The ex-SCR and VSM man made a return to the GPGSL with True North Racing at the last round but the Briton has bailed on them for Season 9, taking a seat at TSM instead. Mr Mills gave him the boot so here he is in his first appearance with his new team. Tenth won't impress anyone though.

Here's Sebastian Nell in the first of the Demon Racing cars and that's a good lap by the German, well up the field in eight with just 4 more drivers to set a time.

Glen Sheppard follows out Nell in the second Demon. A really good lap by the Aussie who loves it around Silverstone. Second fastest is the reward for that laptime, but interestingly still nobody can get within a quarter of a second of Ingers.

What was I just saying? Karjalainen puts in a stonker of a lap on his return to the GPGSL to go third fastest! Right now it's looking like Ingers can't be beaten, has he got this one in the bag?

Eric Moinet out now and the delightful Frenchman is ninth on his final appearance for Southern Cross Racing. Moinet will join Gareth McCarthy at JHR Developments for Season 9.

And the last man out is Dan Paddock. He won the feature race held here on the old Silverstone layout last year. Can he do it again? Seventh isn't bad for the Brit, but he's still got a lot to do if he wants a repeat win.

And here are your final results from qualifying for the test driver's feature race. Join GPGTV for full coverage of the test drivers feature race, coming almost live from Silverstone.

Christel VXR's Stuart Ingers will start from pole on his final apperance in the GPGSL. He's joined on the front row by the returning Tommi Karjalainen for True North Racing

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
can't say, I'm unhappy with that result, 3rd and 12th is a good base for the race. Now only hope the curbs in the first few corners have been fixed...
That went pretty well. Hopefully I can keep the car on track in race.
One Christel at the front, and one Christel at the back. It's going to be a tough one for me from 21st on the grid. Looks like my boost failed to work out in qualifying, but it may work out in the race. And to my teammate, well done on claiming pole position. Bring home the victory and make our team boss proud.

Wahoo! Unfortunately pole positions don't give us points, well not in test series it doesn't. I hope I can bring home a solid result in the race. Contary to popular belief, this will not be my final appearance in the GPGSL. I will be taking part in a couple of events for AMR next season.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
congrats to Stuart! Nice way to start the last race!
Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wahoo! Unfortunately pole positions don't give us
> points, well not in test series it doesn't. I hope
> I can bring home a solid result in the race.
> Contary to popular belief, this will not be my
> final appearance in the GPGSL. I will be taking
> part in a couple of events for AMR next season.

Copycat! ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Quite happy with 3rd. Provides a good opportunity to finish my season on a high....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Congrats boss. Good drive. Good position for Andrei, too. Only Daniel once again struggled a bit. I'm nonetheless hopeful for the main race.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Looking like our cars are midfield runners for Silverstone as I'm sure Maikel would have been higher if his run was in full dry conditions. Hopefully they'll have a good race :-)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Stoopid Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wahoo! Unfortunately pole positions don't give
> us
> > points, well not in test series it doesn't. I
> hope
> > I can bring home a solid result in the race.
> > Contary to popular belief, this will not be my
> > final appearance in the GPGSL. I will be taking
> > part in a couple of events for AMR next season.
>
>
> Copycat! ;)

I don't know what you mean! ;-)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Couldn't you have stopped after the first screenshot? The one with the big red 1 next to my name? ;)

Good coverage :) hoping to improve during race!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Promising enough this qualy, let's hope that in the race we can find some more pace for the Raceteam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
JohnWarrington Schreef:
> Disappointing 13th there for me.

Dont worry, you'll fight your way up ;-)

You should say goodbey with a good result dude.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
First time in the car and only two-tenths off of me ain't bad for Dean. I think that's a good start!

This is going to be my last time behind the wheel of the car for some time. Here's hoping we can have a trouble free race!

Owen Edwards @oensan 3 hrs
Great to see @Vomit back in the @GPGSL and starting from the front row!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 08:51PM by oensan.
Here's feeling nervous about the main race but always cheering up for Marc and Rod! After the race we'll go shopping to Harrods. London style ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Average qualy but not that bad considering the wet conditions. Hoping to improve in the race.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy