GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
Welcome to Silverstone for the final round of Season 8 of the GPGSL. The drivers have finished their formation lap and we are now just moments away from the start of the season closing test drivers feature race.

Here we see today's polesitter, Stuart Ingers in his Christel CVR, with Tomi Karjalainen alongside him on the front row on his return to the GPGSL with True North Racing.

And the lights are out and it's a good start for Ingers and Sheppard but Karjalainen and van Smirren has bogged down on the start line.

Glen Sheppard flies around the outside of the Finn into turn 1 into 2nd while Andrei Sevastian has passed Rico van Smirren.

Sevastian has got the drop on Karjalainen too, while Paddock has also made a great start for MPR, up from 7th and into 5th.

You can see that it's been a poor start for Moinet also who has lost a couple of positions through turn 1.

Dean Kittleson finds himself still behind De Bruyker

The field stream through the new section at Silverstone on lap 1 of the British Grand Prix.

Here's the leaders, Ingers ahead of Sheppard and Sevastian

Sheppard having a look at Ingers on the Hanger Straight

And that's contact, Moinet loses it under breaking and slams into the rear of Hayes' Snake. It's into the pits for a new nose for the Frenchman, but Hayes it out of the race.

That's an MPR into the wall! It's Paddock! He's overdone it into Brooklands and he's hit the wall. Out goes the MPR boss.

The MAC pair are currently circulating at the back of the field with Stoddart's Snake just ahead on track.

On lap 3 these are the current movers and shakers in the top 10. Warrington and Kittleson have started very well.

What do we have here? The replay shows that Sheppard has past Ingers for the lead into Stowe. Great move by the Australian.

The Donut King is starting to make his way through the field, that's O'Brien's Christel ahead, let's hope no one get's too impatient.

While Moinet circulates at the back of the field having had to stop for a new nose.

A great battle building up here between Kittleson and McCarthy. The Brit is trying everything but there's no way past the Aussie who heads to JHR Developments for Season 9.

You an see now just how close Sevastian is to Ingers' tail. Karjalainen and van Smirren right behind them waiting to pick up the pieces if it all goes wrong

Kittleson passes McCarthy's MPR for 9th and will be hot on the heels of Warrington's Minardi

As Sevastian repeats Sheppard's move on Ingers from earlier. That's the Tibetan driver into 2nd now

We've got a close battle developing for 11th to 14th

But Sheppard is the man in charge right now. Mr Silverstone looking set for another win here

Vilela is all over the rear of van Smirren's Minardi through the Maggots and Becketts complex

That's Stoddart past Nell's Demon. Stowe is certainly a popular overtaking place today

Here's Keeley Grant, all over Mill's TNR. The GPGSL Princess can't find a way past the True North team boss though

Sheppard starting to build up a nice gap back to Sevastian now with 8 laps gone

While Vilela has made it past van Smirren and into 5th

That's Dan Mill's getting very wide out of Becketts and he's off

Bang and into the wall. Another Brit has fallen foul of the slippery conditions here at Silverstone. Mills is out.

Pellatt runs wide and surrenders a position to his team-mate Kittleson. The TSM team boss just makes it back on track ahead of McCarthy's MPR.

Ingers is the first of the front runners to stop so far, he's followed in by Karjalainen, Kittleson and McCarthy on Lap 10.

That promotes van Smirren into 3rd for Minardi, while Stoddart is up to 5th.

Ingers is back out on track in 12th after his stop and he's managed to keep Karjalainen behind.

Stoddart is trying to pass both of the Minardi's here as Daniel Thomas and Tom Pellatt look on in the background.

Nice try by the Australian but it's not worked out as Pellatt peels off to the pits.

In comes our race leader Glen Sheppard and he's followed in by Sevastian in 2nd. A straight fight between the Demon and Aston Martin mechanics to get their man out in front.

The Demon boys have done it as Sheppard rejoins ahead of Sevastian. Note that the pair have switched to the full wets as the rain gets worst.

Here comes Ingers on the pit straight, but he's lost time in the traffic. Sheppard and Sevastian are out comfortably ahead of the Btit.

Ricardo van Smirren now leads the race for Minardi, ahead of Daniel Thomas and John Warrington, but they are all still yet to stop.

Let's take a quick look at the current order on lap 12

In come van Smirren and Thomas which promotes Glen Sheppard back into the lead of the British Grand Prix

van Smirren is back out on the wets in 13th after his stop

That's Sevastian making light work of Warrington who is still on the drys. The Tibetan sweeps past easily.

You can see from onboard Karjalainen's TNR that Warrington gives Ingers a little bump as he enters the pitlane there. Has that damaged the Christel?

It must have done as Ingers runs wide into turn 1.

Ingers swipes Vilela out as he returns onto the track!

And they are both out of the British Grand Prix! Ingers won't have wanted his racing career to end like this.

That promotes Karjalainen into 4th and McCarthy into 5th

But not for long as the MPR driver comes under attack from the TSM duo. Pellatt bundles the Australian off the track at the benefit of Kittleson behind him.

It's really chucking it down now and that's Grant getting a little too closely acquainted with Mal's Snake.

Both off the circuit, but it's Mal's Snake that has taken the knock and he's out.

That's Warrington with a broken front wing! How's that happened?

Here's how, he's hit McGregor as the Australian rejoined the track at Brooklands. That's the MAC Racing boss out.

On lap 15 of the British Grand Prix we have a cracking battle developing between Eric Moinet and Sebastian Nell. Moinet throws his SCR down the inside of the German into Brooklands.

Nell isn't giving up though and keeps his foor in through Luffield

Onto the old start-finish straight and Nell has the inside line into Copse

Riding with Nell now and Moinet has his SCR on the outside around Stowe which puts him on the inside into Club

And Moinet does it, finally makes the move stick on Nell, after a beautiful bit of driving by the pair.

On that note let's go for a break. We'll be back with all the action from Silverstone after this break.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2013 06:08PM by GPGTV.org/farked.
The British GP testers race A.K.A the day the team bosses were driving drunk ;)

Should finally be sorted guys.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Nope, half of the screens aren't showing here. Imgbox must be as high as the guys racing ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
@#$%& my life. The session is going to have to be cancelled then as I simply can't get the screens to show all at once. No idea why.

Talk about a huge waste of time.

The links just seemingly break at random...

I had no issues with the quali session.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The links just seemingly break at random...
>
> I had no issues with the quali session.

Why not use imageshack? I use that site when I uploaded the screens from the sessions I ran, and haven't had any problems. Or do you have problems when using imageshack?

Imageshack is single upload only, whereas on imgur you can batch upload.

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGTV.org/farked Wrote:
> Imageshack is single upload only, whereas on imgur
> you can batch upload.

Odd. Because imageshack allows me to upload up to 100 screens in one go.

And it seems all the links are now broken as none of the screens are showing up. What is going on with imgbox to cause the links to break?

If you want, send the screens to me and I'll try and get them in. Just be sure to numbers the images so they are in order. The screen captions can stay as they are.

Delete this post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2013 03:02AM by Mullet345.
pics not showing up for me either. However if you by any chance sorted the pics with renaming them, uploading them as a zip-file on mediafire could help. Maybe one of us could get the coverage to show up.
Greetings
Sebastian
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> pics not showing up for me either. However if you
> by any chance sorted the pics with renaming them,
> uploading them as a zip-file on mediafire could
> help. Maybe one of us could get the coverage to
> show up.
> Greetings
> Sebastian

That's what I suggested. Also, the captions for the screens needs to be added as well. Would make it easier to know which caption goes with each screen.

If the trouble continues with posting the images, i say just declare G.Sheppard the winner, and post a single victory image of him crossing the line, fist pumped in air....
Oh wait, that would be ME winning....(B)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Images fixed. Expect the rest later today at some stage.

GPGTV Youtube Channel
"Moinet loses it under breaking and slams into the rear of Hayes' Snake"

I usually don't do that with ladies. Please accept my apologies Miss Hayes.

EricMoinet Wrote:
> "Moinet loses it under breaking and slams into the
> rear of Hayes' Snake"
>
> I usually don't do that with ladies. Please accept
> my apologies Miss Hayes.

Don't think I've seen such blatant innuendo potential from commentary as that one ;)

EricMoinet Schreef:
> "Moinet loses it under breaking and slams into the
> rear of Hayes' Snake"
>
> I usually don't do that with ladies. Please accept
> my apologies Miss Hayes.

LIES ! :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy