GPGSL Season 8 Round 17 - Bacon, Eggs & Black Puddin' GP - Silverstone - GB [My Mum's black pudding is so black, even the white bits are black!][Final version of both csm mods released]

Posted by GPGSL 
When this season is finished, the GPGSL will host a discussion on proposed rule changes and any ideas all of you might have for the series.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where's your point, Dan? Last season we had
> Christel blitzing the field. The year before it
> was SCR. Both with the old systems. So that's not
> only a phenomenon of the changed boost system.
>
> And that MAC is still at the end of the field is a
> mix of bad luck paired with unfortunate decisions.

> However, seeing that MAC only had 2 boost points
> less than ONE or Demon it's surely not related to
> this.
>
> Anyway, what the heck am I doing here? I'm in
> holidays and supposed to have fun! Consider me out
> of this discussion for now.

And what decisions would those be John???

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Macca25 Schreef:
> JohnMaverick Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Where's your point, Dan? Last season we had
> > Christel blitzing the field. The year before it
> > was SCR. Both with the old systems. So that's
> not
> > only a phenomenon of the changed boost system.
> >
> > And that MAC is still at the end of the field is
> a
> > mix of bad luck paired with unfortunate
> decisions.
> > However, seeing that MAC only had 2 boost
> points
> > less than ONE or Demon it's surely not related
> to
> > this.
> >
> > Anyway, what the heck am I doing here? I'm in
> > holidays and supposed to have fun! Consider me
> out
> > of this discussion for now.
>
>
> And what decisions would those be John???

He's out of the discussion :p

VSM had a great first season as we won both champions. then in Season 3 we were dead last. From season 4 onwards untill now we were being a midfield team.
As Dan pointed out we are doing pretty much better as last season but thats also due to a lot of luck.

This game is solely about luck. I don't think the rules need a change while under every set of rules there are frontrunners, midfield teams and 1 or 2 teams that are chasing the pack.

Only idea i can come up with to keep the championship more exciting or "tighter" is to go back to the S1 calendar. When every season has only 10-12 races there won't be really huge gaps in the WCC + Teams in the back can with a good result actually make a step in the Championship. Thats my 2 pence... (Wish i would have kept them in these times of an economic crisis).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Mullet345 Schreef:
> Should be interesting to see how the trial works
> out for the testers feature race.
>
> Out of curiousity, back in the days of WGP and
> W300, did any 1 team dominate most of the seasons?

In the W300 Team Orange with Josh Rayman was dominating with great force.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I agree that shorter seasons would be better. And with less drivers scoring points there is more chance of one or two results really pushing you up the table. It will keep enthusiasm and interest going throughout a season. Right now, I have nothing to race for really. Maybe one place better in the Constructors'.

Stuart, why did people not like the FP results having an impact on the quali and race performances? It would give more value to the sessions. Currently, I glaze over them, to be honest. Of course I look to see how Dan and Dean got on to give an idea of what to expect from my efforts in quali but the other 20 cars are pointless. This way I think everyone would pay more attention to the practice results and the test drivers would have more to celebrate about. At the moment, their only reward is personal rather than shared with the team, unlike race drivers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
I don't know Owen, just that it was given short thrift.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
If I remember correctly, the main argument against this suggestion was that especially top teams wouldn't give chances to less good drivers anymore because that could have a negative impact on their overall team performance. --> Less rotation and all top drivers driving for the best team, even in the testers series.

@Nathan:
For example a boost strategy which I sometimes didn't understand. Like the one in Monaco, for example.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
OK, I can understand that, John. But we wouldn't necessarily have to adopt the same method as the F1 game. I'm sure we could come up with something that'd relate the two sessions and sets of drivers without penalising anyone or anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
As I see it, it would have to be in the form of a bhp boost for qualy and maybe the race. However, I think this would have to be done on a sliding scale so as not to discriminate against the lower teams and I can't see a solution that would please everyone.

I can see your point, you only have a passing interest in the test series, but thats only natural because it doesn't involve you and won't effect your performance in the main series. I can understand your reaction towards it, but the testers are very much interested in it, where they can improve their performance and that makes it a very valid part of the series.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Though it would be nice if they had more impact than just improving TD performance.
I don't know if it could be easily implemented but some kind of bonus added/subtracted from team's performances for the race could link the Testers Series to de the main series and add to the realism of the whole thing.

Hi, GPGSL members!! I put, some days ago, that Carlos Rodriguez and Stefan Van Renselaar will drive for One Racing on season 8!!! =D

Rico Van Smirren, I need you send me URGENT your GP4 helmet!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
THIS IS SEASON 8!!!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Big words!!!

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Urgent my ass, its still a WIP :P When its finished i sent it to you. Patience my friend ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Erm, yeah I'm pretty sure I'll stay at ONE

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Schreef:
> Erm, yeah I'm pretty sure I'll stay at ONE

I'm not, since Rod made the announcement that Rico would be joining us, I haven't slept a minute...
Just kidding

And if not for that I'm afraid that Rod might fire me for the dismal performance in Magny Course..

Legge on staying at Demon for Season 9

Even though the announcement to retain his Season 8 drivers was made by Demon head honcho Glen Sheppard some time ago, his British charge and part-time Hugh Grant-impressionist Jake Legge has spoken about staying still with the Melbourne-based outfit.

"Erm, ah...god, what was I saying? Oh, golly...erm, I suppose that, oh, no...*sips tea*...that's better. I didn't fancy moving, to be honest. I like it here, and the team have made me feel really welcome by giving me a nickname! They even put it on my overalls for the Monaco race, but for some reason the GPGSL didn't take kindly to me parading around with "Pommy Bastard" written on my waist."

Legge has had an unexpectedly decent season, managing to pick up a pair of second-place finishes this season after a slow start.

"I'd only been on the podium once, before Monza...and that was at Spa last year when I tested for ART. Even then, it was pouring down so I spent a total of 12 seconds standing on that step. Luckily for me, I had brighter days at Monza and Magny-Cours."

So, what's his plan for the rest of season?

"I want to try and beat the 200-point mark, and help the team wear the lowest numbers possible next season. It's important to beat your team-mate too, and I want to stay ahead of Zsigmond. It'll be tricky because he's a cracking driver, but I think I can do that. When the season's finished, it's going to be an off-season of finding out if it's possible to put in a shift in the gym whilst on acid."

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Legge on staying at Demon for Season 9
>
> Even though the announcement to retain his Season
> 8 drivers was made by Demon head honcho Glen
> Sheppard some time ago, his British charge and
> part-time Hugh Grant-impressionist Jake Legge has
> spoken about staying still with the
> Melbourne-based outfit.
>
> "Erm, ah...god, what was I saying? Oh,
> golly...erm, I suppose that, oh, no...*sips
> tea*...that's better. I didn't fancy moving, to be
> honest. I like it here, and the team have made me
> feel really welcome by giving me a nickname! They
> even put it on my overalls for the Monaco race,
> but for some reason the GPGSL didn't take kindly
> to me parading around with "Pommy Bastard" written
> on my waist."
>
> Legge has had an unexpectedly decent season,
> managing to pick up a pair of second-place
> finishes this season after a slow start.
>
> "I'd only been on the podium once, before
> Monza...and that was at Spa last year when I
> tested for ART. Even then, it was pouring down so
> I spent a total of 12 seconds standing on that
> step. Luckily for me, I had brighter days at Monza
> and Magny-Cours."
>
> So, what's his plan for the rest of season?
>
> "I want to try and beat the 200-point mark, and
> help the team wear the lowest numbers possible
> next season. It's important to beat your team-mate
> too, and I want to stay ahead of Zsigmond. It'll
> be tricky because he's a cracking driver, but I
> think I can do that. When the season's finished,
> it's going to be an off-season of finding out if
> it's possible to put in a shift in the gym whilst
> on acid."

What's that? You want to find out if it's possible to avoid a drugs ban? ;)

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy