GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The domino has been tapped!
Ouille !! Silly season is coming for sure.

Hands Off!!

Martini Paddock Racing today delivered a hands off warning, after their driver, Dutchman Charrel Jalving was linked with the vacant seat at Aston Martin Racing.

The GPGSL's silly season exploded into life last night after two time series champion Ed Greenhalgh announced his intention to leave Aston Martin Racing at the end of Season 8.

This has left one of the top seats on the grid free, and it is yet to be seen who will replace the Australian, although Dan Paddock has moved quickly to quash rumours circulating around his driver, 4 time race winner Charrel Jalving.

Jalving has yet to officially comment on the rumours surrounding his future.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Legge states obvious; declares himself out of Aston Martin seat

Demon's Jake Legge has spoken in a press conference today and confirmed what we already knew; he won't be driving for Aston Martin in the GPGSL next season.

"I mean, why on earth would I drive for a team sponsored by Magners? It's carbonated, see-through, and comes in a bottle...it's not cider at all!" said Legge, suddenly remembering his Somerset roots.

"Anyhow, I gave the team a ring earlier to see if what the requirements for the drive were. The HR officer said to me 'for us to consider you, we have to have actually heard of you.' So I kinda gave up there and then."

Legge got his first podium at the last race, a fact that he's so keen to point out house prices in his local area have plummeted. Former neighbour and gardening enthusiast Roger Daughters said that "Jake got home and had a rather loud party. I would have been fine with it if I'd actually been invited, but I wasn't. Nobody was. It was just him in his garden drinking crates of dreadful beer and making passes at himself."

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hands Off!!
>
> Martini Paddock Racing today delivered a hands off
> warning, after their driver, Dutchman Charrel
> Jalving was linked with the vacant seat at Aston
> Martin Racing.
>
> The GPGSL's silly season exploded into life last
> night after two time series champion Ed Greenhalgh
> announced his intention to leave Aston Martin
> Racing at the end of Season 8.
>
> This has left one of the top seats on the grid
> free, and it is yet to be seen who will replace
> the Australian, although Dan Paddock has moved
> quickly to quash rumours circulating around his
> driver, 4 time race winner Charrel Jalving.
>
> Jalving has yet to officially comment on the
> rumours surrounding his future.

I can catergorically deny that AMR have made any approach to Charrel Jalving.

Jake who? ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Carlos and Stefan are free to talk with Stu for Aston Martin seat! ;) ;) ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Maverick not really surprised

Maverick was surrounded by bunches of reporters today during his short-trip holiday with his wife in Venice. While his actual intention was just to have a quiet coffee in a small gentle café close to the canals, his day was ruined by his teammate Ed Greenhalgh starting the real silly season. This is primarily what he had to say.

"No, I'm not entirely surprised by Ed's move. He won the championship two times in a row with AMR and unless Stefan, Charell or me can prevent it, is on a good way to win it a third time. I totally understand that he seeks for a new challenge. I've had a great time with him and learned a lot from him, so I just wish him all the best for his future."

Asked about whether he knows who's about to replace Ed at AMR, he just stated "No comment", which is very likely to be a yes. However, to a repetition of the question by another reporter, he just replied again "No comment". With a change of strategy the reporters tried to find out the destination of Ed's departure, but this time the question wasn't answered at all, instead Maverick and his wife paid the bill and were about to leave before another reporter gave it a final try and asked whether this means that Maverick will take over the leadership role at AMR. At least this time Maverick answered. "That will depend on who my new teammate will be. And it's Stu's decision, not mine. However, after I got the chance of gaining some experience over a couple of seasons by now and proved that I learned my lessons, by being Ed's closest contender right now, I hope that Stu will give me a shot, yes. But this is no demand."

With the topic being brought back to Maverick's new teammate, the mass of reporters repeated the question several times again, but Maverick left quietly after having ordered a round of sausages for the reporters, with Italian sausages supposedly being the worst in the world.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Santilal signs on to AMR for Season 9*

Yes, you read it clearly. I have indeed been signed to race for AMR next season after Ed's departure. I've been in talks with Stu for a while and this was the most perfect drive of them all. I wish Ed all the best at MPR for next year.

*in a parallel universe

;)
JHR Announcement

With the silly season well and truly under way, now seems the perfect time to reveal our first signings just to keep any cheeky bosses from stepping on our toes.

So our first driver is one who is relatively new to the scene, who brings with him ample supplies of ambition, determination, speed and more Aussie grit then you can shake a stick at and who will be joining us on loan from MPR.

He is of course, Gareth McCarthy.

The second driver we can reveal is the one who will drive alongside myself in the tester championship for season 9. Whilst he's been around for quite a considerable amount of time, this time, rather than sitting on the pitwall, he'll be sat at the wheel of one of the most fearful inventions of mankind.

I am obviously talking about the one and only Chris Copeman

That is all from JHR for now, but stay tuned for more info coming soon!

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Greg O'Brien Still Looking For A Seat

After hearing the latest announcements, current Christel tester Greg O'Brien has stated that he is still on the lookout for either a race seat or test seat for season 9. "I am looking for a seat for next season, but so far only 1 team has approached me. So I am asking all teams who are looking for a driver to get in contact with me." When asked about his thoughts on the recent announcements, O'Brien stated: "All I know is that silly season can throw a few surprises. Other than that, I don't have much else to say."

Carlos Rodriguez adds up to the list of big bold headlines related to AMR
I mean, everybody's doing it. I wanna be popular.

With his maiden win fresh in the memories of everyone, and the shock annoucement of Sebastian Vettel Ed Greenhalgh leaving AMR, Carlos was surrounded when he left Team ONE's motorhome on his way to the toilet. Asked for his plans next season, he replied: "Well, yes, a teamboss knocked on my door, and yes it was Stu. But he asked me for some sugar for his tea. What? It's five o'clock, he's british, he has to have tea. I think british people evaporate if they don't drink tea at 5 (winks). But, kidding aside, another teamboss knocked after him. And I am currently unauthorized to reveal details. End of line"

He rushed to the restrooms never to be seen ever since.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Haha some great articles here

X (@ed24f1)
You've certainly stirred up a hornet's nest Ed ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Gareth McCarthy statement

"I am super excited to be progressing to the main game. After knocking back a big money offer from Red Bull and one from AMR ;) I am so pumped to sign for JHR.
I cannot not thank Jack and JHR enough for the opportunity and I hope I can repay the faith.
I'm very pleased to remain a part of the MPR family, and big thank you to Dan and the team for arranging my start in GPGSL."

McCarthy also hinted at an exuberant signing party and is hoping to pass alcohol breath tests at the next round
gareth Wrote:
> McCarthy also hinted at an exuberant signing party
> and is hoping to pass alcohol breath tests at the
> next round

There will be an alcohol test for Monaco?

@#$%&, how to survive all these tight corners without 1 per mill?

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Survival of the fittest for Monaco?

Out of curiousity, is anyone sending in a special helmet or livery for Monaco?

Matteo Scala appointed to AMR

"Matteo, did you sign for AMR in S9?"

"You woke me up at six am to ask me if I have a signed arm?!"

My GPGSL Career
Mullet345 Wrote:
> Out of curiousity, is anyone sending in a special
> helmet or livery for Monaco?

I am.
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> Mullet345 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Out of curiousity, is anyone sending in a
> special
> > helmet or livery for Monaco?
>
> I am.
> [i.imgur.com]
> hArIzfMl.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/pi8xR4dl.jpg

Nice helmet. Have you sent it in to where it needs to go?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy