GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Has anyone put their hand up to RD the Monaco GP?
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone put their hand up to RD the Monaco GP?

CaptinFranko was the first to offer to run Monaco, but since then he hasn't confirmed if he'll run the event. I may run Monaco, but I don't know yet if anyone else will want to run the event.

I have a suggestion for next season. How about at the beginning of each race weekend we have a hot lap video of each track in the championship? This can be posted prior to the start of each race weekend. And it would be best to use a different driver for each lap so it's not the same driver everytime. And it would be good to bring back the GPGSL magazine, On The Limit. There hasn't been a issue since the one after the Australian GP round. Anyone think these can be done?

Mullet345 Wrote:
> mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Has anyone put their hand up to RD the Monaco
> GP?
>
> CaptinFranko was the first to offer to run Monaco,
> but since then he hasn't confirmed if he'll run
> the event. I may run Monaco, but I don't know yet
> if anyone else will want to run the event.

I'm interested in running the event, I have a few ideas up my sleeve.
Carlitox Schreef:
> Woooohoohoohooo! Finally! Now let's hope the car
> doesn't suffer from Mercedes GP's cramp LOL
>
> Charrel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ohhh, and pizza!
>
> Bet that pizza had some Martini on it to make me
> go that fast ;-)

Nice one Carlos hot I hope stefan can overtake alot of drivers and finish behind you on 2nd place... yeahh, I know... we can only dream, but why not?

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
those flags with name look is awesome!
Mullet345 schrieb:
> I have a suggestion for next season. How about at
> the beginning of each race weekend we have a hot
> lap video of each track in the championship? This
> can be posted prior to the start of each race
> weekend. And it would be best to use a different
> driver for each lap so it's not the same driver
> everytime. And it would be good to bring back the
> GPGSL magazine, On The Limit. There hasn't been a
> issue since the one after the Australian GP round.
> Anyone think these can be done?

Like the idea of the hot lap. Maybe also done with commentary from the "driver" talking about different parts of the track, or, if necessary equipment is available (steering wheel and microphone), driving the hotlap him/herself while talking about the track, then uploading it to Youtube. I'd definetely take part in both, could be quite epic (however try to drive a lap without a mistake ;) ).
One idea to Youtube: GPGSL-account on Youtube, where everyone can upload recorded videos? This way we would have every GPGSL-video in one account, making search for single videos way easier.
All nice ideas, but right now we are relying on a small number of people to RD.

That should be the principle focus. Stu has worked his arse off this year hosting so it'd be good for people who have the spare time to take up some of the slack.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> One idea to Youtube: GPGSL-account on Youtube,
> where everyone can upload recorded videos? This
> way we would have every GPGSL-video in one
> account, making search for single videos way
> easier.

I've been thinking about the idea of setting up a GPG youtube account where all GPGSL, GPGNC, F1 Manager, GPGSL-3 and general GP3/4 videos could be put. Never really put it out there as it would involve getting Stu, Rod, Jack and people like Hasbriale all onboard where i can't help but think they would find it easier to stick to their own channels.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I generally like the idea of a GPG youtube channel nonetheless. Nobody is forced to use it, but it would be a great thing to be used of those people who actually wanna use it and link all the various projects together.

However, just a few rounds back, we got rid of video coverage because there was a general tendency of people wanting pictures instead of videos. Now we'll have a video race coverage again and ideas going to set up a full video coverage channel. Something, I don't quite get what exactly, isn't fitting there.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> I generally like the idea of a GPG youtube channel
> nonetheless. Nobody is forced to use it, but it
> would be a great thing to be used of those people
> who actually wanna use it and link all the various
> projects together.
>
> However, just a few rounds back, we got rid of
> video coverage because there was a general
> tendency of people wanting pictures instead of
> videos. Now we'll have a video race coverage again
> and ideas going to set up a full video coverage
> channel. Something, I don't quite get what
> exactly, isn't fitting there.

I think generally what people said was that having video's with no commentary/editing wasn't as entertaining as pictures. I've said i'm happy to commentate on any footage anyone records which opens the door back up to people just recording the game and forwarding the footage on from there. If people are able to do that, i think more are likely to come forward and record knowing they don't have to go through the whole process of commentating (which can be surprisingly hard!) and editing. Personally a combination of a group dropbox and a group youtube would work pretty well, people record, dump in it the folder, someone else picks it up edits and uploads.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
wow! 5th! Excellent! Jack, u will come back! =) U have dont it before ;)
Mullet345 Wrote:
> And it would be good to bring back the
> GPGSL magazine, On The Limit. There hasn't been a
> issue since the one after the Australian GP round.
> Anyone think these can be done?

Nope, don't have the time or the motivation to bring it back. Plus, there isn't anything very newsworthy at the moment.

If there was a massive piece of news, then I could be persuaded to put something together...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
mortal Wrote:
> The race will likely be a video, I only have to
> get the sound sorted in MSI Afterburner. The new
> flags etc. are working just fine and look great
> thanks to Stu's nice work.

Hey, I wish I could take credit for it. I only installed the flags to the mod. All the thanks should go to Rene for Gpxpatch 4.21, TDL for the flags and Gigi for the drivers.ini. All I did was make the new logo. On that note, I think the original logo is best suited.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I agree with the original logo.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I prefer the original too. Prefer it down there too - always seems to get covered when the skies are grey at some tracks. D:

Are you California dreaming Dean? :p

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
The Original logo is definitely much better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Love the look of the new flags and digital 2010 extras!

As for the videos, magazines etc that have been asked for : well, if all these are wanted by individuals, perhaps they put their hand up and do them themselves??? Not everyone has spare time galore, so perhaps people should step up to provide all these things they wish for!!
Personally, I barely have 1/2hr a day to myself these days, which means i get zero time to offer my services as i had done the past 2 seasons, to be a RD. Guess that is what happens when you mix in busy work life, busy family life with a 14 mth old boy, and a wife who has spent much of the past 3 months in/out of hospital.
So, I appreciate every single bit of coverage, points table, magazine etc that the GPGSL offers, all on a free voluntary basis! Huge congrats to those who offer their services and time to keep GPGSL running the way it does! Those who want more and extra, help out and offer your time and service to make it happen!
Ladies and Gentlemen's, the MSI Afterburner is finally running as it should, recording both in-game and microphone input sounds. YAAAY!
Later today, probably after our BBQ lunch I will record the race with a highly likely craptacular commentary. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I've just run the race and the video is a whopping 11.6GB! :-( Looking to reduce it somehow.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy