GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
I can just quote what said John about video coverage.
For my part, I really love to see those cars turning round and round (btw that's the principle of a race).
Obviously, that's better with some comments that gives some life in the report, but I don't mind if there are none.
I like the idea of Sebastian : someone running the race, an other one making the comments, so that way it is less time consuming and maybe less boring.
As a matter of fact, that's the way the next race will be run in GPG-NC, me running the race and Connor commenting it.
I guess, if it is not a disaster, that I could run some races too in this league later in the season in the same way.

Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any links to the track downloads for the remaining
> rounds? I've decided I might run another round
> after Imola before the end of the season. I was
> planning on running Magny Cours, but it has a
> massive glitch with the graphics so I won't be
> able to run that event. But I'll do another race
> if I do a good coverage of Imola.

Stu has good versions of ever track with the magic data ready to go last time I saw it. Let him know around the time what track you want to do and he would be able to send you it :)

The concept of having one person record and another commentate has been In my mind for a while, as I know it everyone wants to do the speaking, whilst sometimes the recording can take too much time or need too good a machine. I did mention it a couple of times before and as Eric said it will be put to the test this round for the GPGNC. Interesting to see that the GPGNC seems to be the place to test out coverage ideas, come on over guys ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Re: GPGSL S8 Round 12 -Imola - San Marino Grand Prix
Date: May 23, 2013 11:45AM
Posted by: Wurz
I'm gonna dedicate the next race to the unforgotten Roland Ratzenberger and Ayrton Senna.

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race
Wurz Schreef:
> I'm gonna dedicate the next race to the
> unforgotten Roland Ratzenberger and Ayrton Senna.

Snake Motorsports will dedicate it's black color to those two names coming weekend in Imola!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> CaptinFranko schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > oensan Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > What if a team, like One, who have only been
> > > running for a single season but have had
> great
> > > success, had their perfs reset at the end of
> > this
> > > season and were back to where they started
> just
> > > because most other teams had gone the three
> > > seasons since the last reset? That would be
> > really
> > > unfair!
> > >
> > > To be fair, all the team's perfs started
> within
> > > just 4 of each other this season. AMR and TSM
> > were
> > > pretty much evenly matched, even taking into
> > > consideration their drivers' perfs, but the
> two
> > > teams have had starkly contrasting seasons. I
> > > think the system is pretty much spot on for
> > > generating competitive racing at the moment.
> > > No-one's running away with it as they have
> > > previously, are they?
> >
> > Now I know I am going to court controversy for
> > saying this and really don't mean to but I
> don't
> > find it fair that the new teams have been able
> to
> > come in in their first season and win races.
> How
> > long have other teams been waiting to win
> races?
> > Some a lot more than three seasons. Barring
> last
> > year Christel and Mac have been at the back of
> the
> > field trying to work up, which is what new
> teams
> > do..its just been a bit gauling this year
> > realising how much of a one off last season was
> > for Christel. I think the new rules have been
> > geared far to much to the new teams and
> "narrowing
> > the gap" that in my opinion, never needed
> > narrowing. Yes AMR won all titles last year but
> I
> > bet they will again this year, because they are
> a
> > top team. I say put in a ceiling for the driver
> > and team perfs at a certain point and then over
> > the course of a few seasons the other teams
> will
> > catchup. Then when teams like AMR and TSM
> > eventually leave the whole process will renew
> > itself. The teams below will move forward and
> the
> > new teams will come in at the bottom.
> >
> > Now I know that sounds a bit processional but
> the
> > fact that boosts are, lets be honest random,
> and
> > that GP4 has a random element built into it
> anyway
> > I think would still make for interesting
> racing.
> > Plus it would bring back an element of control
> for
> > team owners as they try to sign drivers with
> > higher perfs in order to trump their way up the
> > system.
> >
> > Oh and please....GET RID OF SINGLE LAP
> QUALIFYING!
> > (We may as well just roll a dice)
>
>
> Now, honestly Chris, to me this sounds a bit...how
> to put it...jealous. After all, last season
> Christel had an extremely good season, from a
> position where this wasn't expected. Granted that
> the one lap qualifying might have had a positive
> effect for ONE, too, but to be fair, they're now
> just a proof that the artificial decrease of
> performance gaps is actually working. Like
> Christel was last season and SCR was the season
> before.
> As for the ceiling you mention, it would be just
> good to read the rules. In fact there has been a
> team perf cap for a long time already (810, 810
> points). And for this season, a driver's perf cap
> as been introduced as well, as announced before
> the season, which Ed has just hit after the last
> race, meaning that his driver perf won't increase
> any further for the rest of the season.
> Along with that, the actual perf gaps are
> massively shrunk for the next season starter
> perfs.
>
> As for Stu's decision to stop doing race
> coverages: I can honestly understand the decision.
> He is running the absolute most number of our
> races and is putting in a massive time for it.
> Interestingly it were mostly those people who have
> never done a coverage before who now take it for
> granted that they have a right for this or that
> kind of coverage. Do one yourself, experience the
> massive difference of time that is needed to do a
> coverage one way or the other, and then you can
> claim it again, while putting your own effort in,
> once in a while. Honestly, it's the race
> director's choice what kind of coverage he gives
> and all the others should be grateful to this
> person - whoever it is - for having put in the
> effort!
> With Stu not doing it anymore, you better prepare
> for way longer waiting times between races!

To be honest...I meant it to sound like jealousy because it was. Im jealous of any team that wins because I want it to be my own.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Christel VXR to leave the GPGSL

It is with a deep sadness that I feel the time is now right to announce that Christel VXR will be leaving the GPGSL at the end of this season. I was going to wait and see what happened in qualifying for the next race before rubber-stamping the decision but I feel the time is right to make the call now.

A number of factors have contributed to my decision. First and foremost is my personal life. I have started a new job this year and had a baby boy and I simply don’t have the time to dedicate properly to running a team in the series anymore. It would just be unfair to sneak in under the activity deadline every time knowing that my heart isn’t in it completely.

Secondly, I have struggled to keep track of all the rule changes and the seeming random nature of this season, and to be honest it hasn’t helped me sustain my interest.

I would like to thank Michael Pedersen and Jack Elleker for their hard work as race drivers over the last few seasons. I honestly believe that they both stand a chance of winning the drivers championship in the future and will be truly gutted if they don’t secure race seats with top teams next season. Greg O’Brien has had a good first year as part of the team and is committed and enthusiastic as well. Thanks also to Christel Alumni Connor Steer, Gary Spencer, Rico Van Smirren and more recently Stu Ingers.

I will stay dedicated until the end of the season so that I can ensure my drivers find a new home quickly and that the new team taking our place has long enough to prepare and get ready. As for next season I am still uncertain. I may look for a test drive or not, either way I will aim to stay with a “foot-in” so I know what is happening and try to keep more abreast of developments.

My big thanks also go to the many members of the GPGSL for being very welcoming and friendly and helpful over my three seasons as a team boss, especially the governing body who are constantly trying to make the series even better than it already is.

Long live the GPGSL!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: May 23, 2013 08:38PM
Posted by: Rico
Its sad to see the Christel team leave mate. I am honored to have been part of it in their first very succesfull rookie season.

I know we've had a tiny little clash somewhere this year on the forum where the 2 of us probarly thought that the other party meant their message more aggressive as we did but i ldidnt lose my respect for you as a person. You were my racedriver once, you were my teamboss once. I hope you will next be active next season one way or an other.

I am sure that Michael Pedersen and Jack will find a drive somewhere else. Michael Pedersen has been driving for VSM and is one hell of an athlete. His technical feedback is stunning and he is a very nice chap. He deserves a race seat poeple !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Yeah that is a pity but I can understand the disappointment at seeing your team fall behind.

It'll be interesting to see where Jack and Michael end up.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
It's really sad to see Christel go. The team's not had a great year, and although I'm sure they'd have got back up the field next season I fully empathise with Chris' reasons. I hope Jack and Michael find some top seats next season; they certainly deserve them.

This certainly shakes things up a bit as well. If Mr. Hunsley takes the team slot, then we'll have a top team with a space open...and who knows what kind of drama this could kickstart? Silly season begins here!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Very sad to see Christel leave, hope that you'll stay as driver/testdriver.

And as Jake said, let the silly season begin ;)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Your reasons are absolutely understandable, Chris. Had your motivation for this move only been in Christel's bad season, I would have been disappointed. But RL surely goes first and in this situation, you concentration should be primarily on these projects. In fact I'm thinking of it as a very honorable move to free this slot in such a case.

Like others have said before, here is where the silly season starts. This'll surely have another big impact on the series, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a chain of surprising moves in the next weeks, especially with Ruben in the next slot, if Jack declines :D

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2013 09:14PM by JohnMaverick.
Elleker needs seat for S9!

Comfy cushions and armrests preferable

Pedersen looking for freedom!

Or wait what? ohhh yeah, my hero from my childhood, whom i sometimes handsomely resembles, David "The Hoff" Hasselhoff´s magic hit track where playing on his cassette player..
But with the news of the Christel team taking a chill out seat for an uncertain period of time, he, Michael Pedersen, does look for a race seat for s9. So if u have a black 1982 Pontiac Firebird/trans Am in your garage, give him a call and he will drive it! ;)
kedy89 Wrote:
> Very sad to see Christel leave, hope that you'll
> stay as driver/testdriver.
>
> And as Jake said, let the silly season begin ;)

I echo these thoughts exactly Chris. Stay in touch

Demon Racing press release

Demon Racing CEO, Glen Sheppard has openly stated through private talks to his drivers, that they are free to explore a drive with a stronger team IF they choose too. We at Demon, would NEVER hold back one of our drivers. However, we do of course wish to hold on to all of our current race and test driver lineup, for team stability. All of my drivers know they are "REQUIRED" and encouraged to stick with Demon. If a top line seat became available to them however, we won't stand in their way....

Having said that, and slightly puzzled by the "contract" issues within GPGSL, we naturally want a strong driver lineup. So, let the silly season begin. You all know where I can be reached....come have a beer, or coffee... which ever you prefer.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2013 11:00PM by shep34.
Date: May 23, 2013 10:39PM
Posted by: Rico
shep34 Schreef:
> Demon Racing press release
>
> Demon Racing CEO, Glen Sheppard has openly stated
> through private talks to his drivers, that they
> are free to explore a drive with a stronger team
> IF they choose too. We at Demon, would NEVER hold
> back one of our drivers. However, we do of course
> wish to hold on to all of our current race and
> test driver lineup, for team stability.
>
> Having said that, and slightly puzzled by the
> "contract" issues within GPGSL, we naturally want
> a strong driver lineup. So, let the silly season
> begin. You all know where I can be reached....come
> have a beer, or coffee... which ever you prefer.

Which brand? Aah who cares, i'm on my way !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
A real shame that another 'new' team leaves the series just after 2 seasons.

I'll wait what Jack Hunsley decides before making an announcement regarding my own team.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Statement From Greg O'Brien

Following the recent announcement that Christel VXR are withdrawing from the GPGSL at the end of the season, current Christel test driver Greg O'Brien is now on the move to find a seat for season 9. "I have really enjoyed my time with Christel, and now it's time to look ahead to next season. I'm open to all offers, for both race and test seats. So far I have one offer, but I want to see other offers first before I make a decision. But for now, my focus is on finishing the season."

*Live from JHR HQ*

Reporter: So Jack, are the rumours we're hearing true?

Hunsley:I can confirm they are, it is with great pride and excitement that I can confirm that JHR Developments have been offered a place on the grid for season 9 of the GPGSL and that we have gratefully accepted the offer. Of course a shame to see Chris and the Christel team leave the series and I am of course very grateful for the opportunity he has provided. Hopefully he'll stay in the league in one way or another.

R: Well congratulations! Was it a hard decision to end your racing career?

H: It was easier than you'd think actually. I've been thinking as to what I'd do if a space opened up on the grid pretty much since the beginning of the season. However, I'd still like to bow out with at least one race win to my name but given the popularity of the series, it's highly likely that this is my only chance of becoming a team owner so it was very much a case of 'now or never'.

R: Glad to hear. How are the preparations going?

H: Luckily we've been very organised. Our design team have been working on our livery for quite a while now, all that needs to be done is to find a willing volunteer to produce some jaw dropping photo-shoots for us (hint, hint ;-)). Line-up wise, we've made a few approaches already however we are of course open to applications from anyone who might be interested.

R: And finally Jack, recently we've been hearing some interesting stories coming from your current boss Mr Paddock, can you confirm if you've made contact with him since accepting the offer.

H: I'd rather not comment on that at this present time thanky you very much.

R: Okkkaaayy then... Thanks for you time.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

It is always sad to see a team wave goodbye to the series but real life comes first. Enjoy your newly found free time and have fun with your little kiddo! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy