GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
EricMoinet schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JohnMaverick écrivait:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > EricMoinet schrieb:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Thanks John for spoiling the results :) :) :)
> > :)
> >
> >
> > Well, sorry Eric, but my post was only the
> second
> > to next to the coverage and it's mostly your
> own
> > fault if you go and read down BEFORE having
> > watched the video ;) And after all it was 5 of
> 22
> > drivers I mentioned...
> Yes,you're right, just the five first. Not that
> much important ;) ;) ;)

Then don't read post-coverage posts before you've watched the coverage ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Owen Edwards @oensan 7 hrs
Can only apologise to @Pedersen. Fighting with @Carlitox, I just lost the rear end on the run-off. Sorry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
ahh dagnamit! I cant believe that I forgot to post! Sorry team and boss; I really need to try and have a good end to the season.
oensan Wrote:
> Owen Edwards @oensan 7 hrs
> Can only apologise to @Pedersen. Fighting with
> @Carlitox, I just lost the rear end on the
> run-off. Sorry.

We're on to you matey!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

The wiki's almost all up to date now; the constructors' table has to be done, but that's it really.

I'll try to finish that off tomorrow but right now, I'm a little bored of wiki editing. ;)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 04:21PM by Incident 2k9.
I had a go on my page and the AMR page, although the AMR is not fully up to date. At least it shows the important information now ;-)

Guys what are the rules regarding team relationships?

Obviously you can't own two teams but if two team owners agreed to a deal whereby one team became the junior partner of another would that be acceptable?

Also, regarding drivers who haven't driven this year, such as myself, will my perf be reset if I don't compete in a event this season?

Would competing in the final test session of the year mean that my perf is saved from being reset?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Answer to your questions;

There are no rules in place on partnerships.

No reset.

Not applicable.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Oh, I think I see what Dan's planning on here...

VEEEEERY clever, my friend.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
@Mal So I'd be right in understanding that if I was to return next season as a test driver for some reason or another then I'd get the perf that I had when I retired from racing at the close of Season 7?

Just want to be sure.

@Jake I have no idea what you're talking about mate ;)

You will have the same perf.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Just a question on the boosts: Is it possible that someone else orders a boost for oneself? Not in the griefing-type of ordering boost for a driver but e.g. if one is without internet access for a few weeks but wants to use boost for one race.
Would be interesting to know.
Greetings
Sebastian
afaik you can nominate someone to do it for you. Just advise the GPGSL by pm so the request will be accepted.

mortal Wrote:
> You will have the same perf.

This is incorrect, your perf would be reset due to you not competing this season.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
So if I compete in the last two tests of the year I will protect my perf for another season?

Thanks for some clarification Stu.

@Jack - Can you clear some space in your inbox please?

Everybody now wonders what are Mr. Paddock's evil plans hehe

For me, good race, altough I missed out of the top 10, but I'm still hunting for that 5th WDC place, or maybe something better, who knows? With this car a race win is not far-fetched ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
The 'junior team' is an interesting idea but I don't understand what benefit it would give to either party?

Stu is right. Since there were free test driver seats this year, also at MPR for some of the time, your perf would be reset. Only if there had been NO test driver seats available, so that you couldn't have competed, you'd keep your perf. However, if you compete in a race, you'll basically trick this rule and keep your perf, yes.

And I agree with Tom. Junior teams are thought to be included from next season on in the Testers championship and we'll surely discuss this openly in the off-season. Nonetheless it'd be neat to hear your plans about it. Surely, if you make an existing team your junior partner, it'll have to work in the way RB and Torro Rosso do it in the F1. Which means that the team owner of the junior team will have to be able to make all decisions for the junior team him/herself. You'll not be allowed to make plans for both teams. On the other hand it's just natural that the junior team and the main team collaborate in regards to drivers or something.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> @Jack - Can you clear some space in your inbox
> please?

Tis done!

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Stu is right. Since there were free test driver
> seats this year, also at MPR for some of the time,
> your perf would be reset. Only if there had been
> NO test driver seats available, so that you
> couldn't have competed, you'd keep your perf.
> However, if you compete in a race, you'll
> basically trick this rule and keep your perf, yes.
>
>
> And I agree with Tom. Junior teams are thought to
> be included from next season on in the Testers
> championship and we'll surely discuss this openly
> in the off-season. Nonetheless it'd be neat to
> hear your plans about it. Surely, if you make an
> existing team your junior partner, it'll have to
> work in the way RB and Torro Rosso do it in the
> F1. Which means that the team owner of the junior
> team will have to be able to make all decisions
> for the junior team him/herself. You'll not be
> allowed to make plans for both teams. On the other
> hand it's just natural that the junior team and
> the main team collaborate in regards to drivers or
> something.

Hmm, I didn't really want to make a big deal of it, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't wasting my time in pursuing the idea.

May I ask what the proposed idea's are for changes to the testers championship, and how junior teams would be implemented there?

My thoughts were along the line of creating a deal with a team that would see that team become a junior partner. Essentially they would carry a livery based on the parent teams in a similar sense to what Lotus did with ART in GP2 and GP3.

We would send our test drivers out to the junior team which would be particularly helpful if that team was new to the series. I believe it was Christel who struggled to find drivers when they first entered the series. This deal would benefit both parties as they would not need to go through the difficult process of finding drivers and our test drivers could get actual race experience to benefit their perf files.

That would then mean we could fill our other test seats with other new drivers, increasing our reach in the series.

Credit has to go to Monil who sparked off the idea when we were talking a few days ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy